Windows 10: My Face Rec is broken

Discus and support My Face Rec is broken in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My Windows Hello facial recognition just stopped working a few days ago. I originally thought it was an update issue but after I updated my device the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Chabias, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Chabias Win User

My Face Rec is broken

My Windows Hello facial recognition just stopped working a few days ago. I originally thought it was an update issue but after I updated my device the problem was still continuing. I followed one of the forums and removed the face rec from my sign-in options, but when I tried to add it back the settings said that my computer is incompatible with Windows Hello. Windows customer support is refusing to help me because I am out of warranty. Is this just Windows' trick of planned obsolescence to buy new products? Please help to resolve this problem.

:)

Chabias, Dec 1, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    An Update About Face Recognition on Facebook

Privacy Matters

We’ve continued to engage with privacy experts, academics, regulators and people on Facebook about how we use face recognition and the options you have to control it.

We’ve made the steps to update your settings clearer and you can opt to leave your setting off right in the notice, as opposed to having to go to a separate screen. If you do nothing, face recognition will remain off for you.

My Face Rec is broken face-recognition-notice.png

There’s also an opportunity to review information about our technology and the features it powers so that you can make the choice that’s right for you.

Finally, Facebook’s face recognition technology still does not recognize you to strangers. We don’t share your face recognition information with third parties. We also don’t sell our technology.

These changes will be effective globally starting today.

Source: An Update About Face Recognition on Facebook | Facebook Newsroom

Brink, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

My Face Rec is broken

An Update About Face Recognition on Facebook

Privacy Matters

We’ve continued to engage with privacy experts, academics, regulators and people on Facebook about how we use face recognition and the options you have to control it.

We’ve made the steps to update your settings clearer and you can opt to leave your setting off right in the notice, as opposed to having to go to a separate screen. If you do nothing, face recognition will remain off for you.

My Face Rec is broken face-recognition-notice.png

There’s also an opportunity to review information about our technology and the features it powers so that you can make the choice that’s right for you.

Finally, Facebook’s face recognition technology still does not recognize you to strangers. We don’t share your face recognition information with third parties. We also don’t sell our technology.

These changes will be effective globally starting today.

Source: An Update About Face Recognition on Facebook | Facebook Newsroom

Brink, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

My Face Rec is broken

1. My Face Rec is broken - Similar Threads - Face Rec broken

2. i am trying to install the rec room launcher to my laptop but it will not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i am trying to install the rec room launcher to my laptop but it will not work: i am trying to install the rec room launcher to my laptop however everytime i try and install it to this pc, downloads it repeatedly says 'extract: error writing to file. C:\users\pmusg\AppData\local\temp\nsaF58F.tmp\app-64.7z'and i do not know how to fix it. could somebody...
  3. Facial rec as a two-factor device?

Facial rec as a two-factor device?: I use facial recognition on startup Surface 4. Question is, with the constant request for two factor authentication I'm using the verification code text or the authenticator. Can I set up windows hello facial rec instead or as well? It would be a lot easier....
  4. Facial rec as a two-factor device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facial rec as a two-factor device?: I use facial recognition on startup Surface 4. Question is, with the constant request for two factor authentication I'm using the verification code text or the authenticator. Can I set up windows hello facial rec instead or as well? It would be a lot easier....
  5. Windows Rec Bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Rec Bug: Guys, ive been trying to rec some games with the windows 10 recorder but when i finish the rec, in the video looks like the game is minimized with a black background, if u now how to fix pls help me (it just happens when i rec games, if i start recording the google page the...
  6. Windows Hello Face Sign In Broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Hello Face Sign In Broken: I have a Surface Laptop 3 and Windows Hello Face Sign-in was working fine. Until a couple of days ago, I switched to a Local PC account instead of a Microsoft Account, and Windows Hello stopped working. A message popped up in Settings for Windows Hello Face and Windows Hello...
  7. goggle earth downloaded rec this error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    goggle earth downloaded rec this error: cant download error 0[ATTACH]x80070057 also https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/goggle-earth-downloaded-rec-this-error/7e1c7c21-b8b9-4a6d-b4be-3edbbfd3d58a
  8. Add a "LOCK MICROPHONE REC. LEVEL" please???!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add a "LOCK MICROPHONE REC. LEVEL" please???!!!: This has been going on for years... and I am not the only one to have this problem. This is crazy annoying in our day and age: I use my microphone everyday. People are constantly complaining that I am too loud and there is nothing I can do. My #$#@% microphone mic levels keep...
  9. Minimum requirements for rec.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minimum requirements for rec.: What are the minimum requirements for recording with start+g in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/minimum-requirements-for-rec/7c5d4dcc-6eb7-4b62-bce7-ff68052e4a96
  10. Share EDGE to OUTLOOK / SPEECH REC BROKEN (These are 2 items that have been a problem since...

Share EDGE to OUTLOOK / SPEECH REC BROKEN (These are 2 items that have been a problem since...: This is a joke. Here are 2 items, one attached to MSFT 'S FLAGSHIP answer to Chrome! No matter what I do, if you try to share from EDGE to OUTLOOK you have no choice. It is not in the original list, but rather simply shows MAIL as a choice, even when the default mail...