Windows 10: my Facebook page is suddenly in Japanese

Discus and support my Facebook page is suddenly in Japanese in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Tonight my facebook page is suddenly in Japanese on my laptop--but not on my phone (facebook lite). So I used my phone to change my facebook password,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ajaye, Aug 13, 2019.

1. ajaye Win User

my Facebook page is suddenly in Japanese

Tonight my facebook page is suddenly in Japanese on my laptop--but not on my phone (facebook lite). So I used my phone to change my facebook password, and I've run a Malwarebytes scan on my laptop which found no threats.

On the laptop I can get to the facebook login page, click on 'English' down the bottom, and the login page then shows in English. But when I login and move on to my page it is still in Japanese, and because it's in Japanese (which I do not speak) I cannot navigate it to look for the language setting.

Any ideas appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Found the language options are actually listed on the page (under the ads, right hand side), so I didn't have to somehow find my way through to settings. Cheers my Facebook page is suddenly in Japanese :)

:)

ajaye, Aug 13, 2019

2. Japanese Keyboard

Hi Kiyakat,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Let us follow these steps and check if that makes any difference:

Step A: Remove the Language Pack.

1. Click on the Start button, go to Settings > Time & Language > Region &
      Language.
    2. Click on Japanese Language and the click on Remove.

Step B: Re-add the Language pack.

1. Click on the Start button, go to Settings > Time & Language > Region &
      language.
    2. Click on Add a Language >Select the Language (Japanese).
    3. Once added, click on Options button, and select Add Keyboards to select Japanese keyboard.
    Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Aug 13, 2019
  3. TokyoMike Win User
    Switching Japanese Windows with English menus

Yes, I do mean those keys. I tried just switching to Japanese keyboard, as you suggested, but those keys didn't work. Also, the selection key is normally the spacebar in Japan but I could only get IME to work with the Tab key (for those who aren't familiar with Japanese typing: you type in Roman characters, then press a selection key and it steps you through a list of options for the word you are typing in Japanese characters). Did you get the special keys to work as they do in native Japanese mode?

It may well be that I was missing something, although I did try every option I could think of. In any event, as I said, I gave in and now have Japanese Windows running with English menus and everything seems to be working perfectly.
    Thanks,

Mike

TokyoMike, Aug 13, 2019
  4. playa787 Win User

Facebook pages.

I like to follow my facebook 'likes' or favorite non- friend pages, not just my friends. I just wanted to know if there was a way to pin any of my 'like' pages' to my start page as a tile, like I would do with any of my contacts. If there isn't
    a way, there should be. It would make the phone closer to a real 'facebook phone'.

playa787, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

1. my Facebook page is suddenly in Japanese - Similar Threads - Facebook page suddenly

2. my facebook page randomly opens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my facebook page randomly opens: my facebook page randomly opens please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-facebook-page-randomly-opens/75aaf7f2-4138-49b2-a238-f45b0a7b5798
  3. my facebook page randomly opens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my facebook page randomly opens: my facebook page randomly opens please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-facebook-page-randomly-opens/75aaf7f2-4138-49b2-a238-f45b0a7b5798
  4. my facebook page randomly opens

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't remove facebook page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't remove facebook page: I am the admin of the pageBut i can t delet it beacuse the link is broken.I want to get rid of this page.Some one help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-remove-facebook-page/6e03f6ca-9fa8-4030-b4e0-406056e35953
  6. Pages Manager for Facebook Premium

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Pages Manager for Facebook Premium: Hello, three weeks ago I bought Pages Manager for Facebook Premium from Microsoft. I doesn't work. I get ads, I get invitations to buy premium, I can't see how to create a post. When I rang Microsoft to discuss thisthe agent denied any responsibility, said I had to make my...
  7. Page Flickering on Facebook

in Browsers and Email
    Page Flickering on Facebook: Hello all, I'm running Windows 10 version 1903 & have noticed that sometimes on Facebook that the page flickers up & down slightly. Not sure what is causing this. Any advice would be very appreciated. 149095
  8. Adding a privacy policy to a facebook page.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adding a privacy policy to a facebook page.: I need to add a privacy policy link to a facebook business page. I have a draft saved in a word pad document using Windows 10. Can someone explain how to create that link to be able to enter it onto the page please? I cannot see any link icons on the word pad page. Thanks....
  9. my Facebook page is suddenly in Chinese

in Windows 10 Support
    my Facebook page is suddenly in Chinese: Tonight my facebook page is suddenly in Chinese on my laptop--but not on my phone (facebook lite). So I used my phone to change my facebook password, and I've run a Malwarebytes scan on my laptop which found no threats. On the laptop I can get to the facebook login page,...
  10. Facebook page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Facebook page: When signing in, FB page briefly then get an error that this page can not be loaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facebook-page/661038a2-d748-4ff6-89c7-5b0f53d65df8