Windows 10: My Family Content Filtering wildcards not working

Discus and support My Family Content Filtering wildcards not working in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am trying to whitelist a number of *.domainname.uk addresses and your system is not accepting them!! With the useful error message 'Something went... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JasonEllmers, Jan 14, 2020.

1. My Family Content Filtering wildcards not working

I am trying to whitelist a number of *.domainname.uk addresses and your system is not accepting them!!

With the useful error message 'Something went wrong, try again later'

Why do you not make something like this more simple, so that people can just get things done.... THIS is the reason why access is just wholesale granted to people as its so difficult to put on restrictions.....

Kind regards

Jason

:)

JasonEllmers, Jan 14, 2020
  2. Geethu B Win User

Unable to filter the entire website under Family Safety

Hi Raj,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with filtering websites in Family Safety.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Family Safety settings.

• Web filtering is not setup correctly.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup web filtering correctly or not.

How do I prevent my child from seeing certain websites or chatting online?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...afety-child-kid-protect-filter-sites-chat-faq

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refresh Family Safety filter and check if it helps.

How do I refresh the Family Safety Filter?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/family-safety-filter-faq

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Issue with filtering websites in Family Safety

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with filtering websites in Family Safety.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Incorrect Family Safety settings.

2. Web filtering is not setup correctly.

Try the steps listed here:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup web filtering correctly or not.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/set-child-limits

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Try0x101 Win User

My Family Content Filtering wildcards not working

Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

My Family Content Filtering wildcards not working [​IMG]

Try0x101, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

My Family Content Filtering wildcards not working

1. My Family Content Filtering wildcards not working - Similar Threads - Family Content Filtering

2. Family safety content filtering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family safety content filtering: We have a family safety account for our computers. Does the content filtering work for all browsers firefox, librewolf? Will inappropriate searches be flagged in all these browsers?...
  3. Family safety content filtering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety content filtering: We have a family safety account for our computers. Does the content filtering work for all browsers firefox, librewolf? Will inappropriate searches be flagged in all these browsers?...
  4. Family Safety web content filters can be bypassed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety web content filters can be bypassed: Family Safety web content filters seem to care only about the web page URL. If the page is allowed, but it gets content from supposedly blocked web sites, there is actually no filtering. Steps to reproduce:Add youtube.com and googlevideo.com to Blocked sitesNavigate to...
  5. Family Safety web content filters can be bypassed

Family Safety web content filters can be bypassed: Family Safety web content filters seem to care only about the web page URL. If the page is allowed, but it gets content from supposedly blocked web sites, there is actually no filtering. Steps to reproduce:Add youtube.com and googlevideo.com to Blocked sitesNavigate to...
  6. Win 10 family group content filter not working not blocking websites

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win 10 family group content filter not working not blocking websites: I'm using family group content filter on win 10. However the content filter is not working properly on my kid's computer. I guess it's because I didn't input the url correctly. for example, after I put 'youtube.com' in the box and click the 'add' button under the 'block'...
  7. Family Safety Web Filtering Not Working at All

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Family Safety Web Filtering Not Working at All: I followed the steps shown in your guide but doesn’t work accordingly. Example shown in imgae below where i only want to allow the two websites shown to be accessible. However, once enable, all websites are blocked including the two listed site.[IMG][IMG]...
  8. Windows 10 Family filters not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Family filters not working: Hi I have set all my family filters up for my two beans. Blocked all browsers except edge and also inappropriate content for their ages. I have just checked on both their accoutns and firefox is still working Also I checked in edge and I able to see unsuitable content...
  9. Mailstore error- content filtering

Mailstore error- content filtering: Hi, I'm trying to archive emails from gmail using mailstore home version.12 It keeps on coming up with ssl error, mailstore said to switch off content filtering pls assist on how. ive got windows 10 and am running avg thanks pedro ***Moved From: Windows 10/Security &...
  10. Mailstore error- content filtering

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mailstore error- content filtering: Hi, I'm trying to archive emails from gmail using mailstore home version.12 It keeps on coming up with ssl error, mailstore said to switch off content filtering pls assist on how. ive got windows 10 and am running avg thanks pedro...