Windows 10: my favorites bar is gone. I want it back!

Discus and support my favorites bar is gone. I want it back! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Favorites bar is gone I want it back!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EdwardFredericks, Sep 9, 2018.

1. my favorites bar is gone. I want it back!

My Favorites bar is gone I want it back!

:)

EdwardFredericks, Sep 9, 2018

2. Edge favorites and favorites bar gone

Hi Kim,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

I would like to know some information about the issue so that we could help you better.

• Do you have a Favorites folder at [C:\Users\your account name\Favorites] ? Does it contain all of the favorites?

• Did you import the favorites from any browser other than Internet Explorer?
    In order to view the favorites bar, you must turn it on. Here are the steps to do this:

1. Within Microsoft Edge, you will see a button with ellipses on it
    (...) in the top right hand corner. Click this.

2. At the very bottom of the dropdown menu, click "Settings".

3. Near the top of the next page, you will see a section titled "Show the favorites bar" and a switch beneath it. Simply click this switch into the on positon and your favorites bar should immediately appear underneath the search
    bar at the top of Microsoft Edge

To restore your favorites I would suggest you to try the steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

How to restore the favorite’s folder in Internet Explorer.

• To open the Registry Editor, click Start.

• Type regedit into the Start Search field.

• Press Enter.

• Find Favorites under the following Registry keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\Shell folders
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\User Shell folders

HKEY_USERS\.default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\Shell folders

HKEY_USERS\.default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\User Shell folders

• Right click it and select Modify. The Edit String dialog will open.

• Verify that the Value Data field contains the correct location of your Favorites folder. If it does not, enter the right location to restore your missing Favorites folder to Internet Explorer.

C:\Users\NetID\Favorites

• Close the registry editor.

• Open Internet Explorer to confirm that your favorites are there.

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that
      you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number
      to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

I hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

RavindraKamath1709, Sep 9, 2018
  3. IE11 - No Tabs, No Favorites Bar

My Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10 has gone very strange.

• I have no Favorites Bar; I know how to toggle it on and off, but it will not come back
      • my Favorites are still there in the Favorites Menu bar tab (Menu Bar and Status Bar appears to be the
        only Bars I can turn on and off)
    • I have only one Tab, and can't see any others - even thought they are there somewhere - as the Taskbar Icon preview shows.

Steps I have taken to fix this:

• restored Advanced Settings via Internet Options Advanced - and reboot
    • reset IE11 settings completely via Internet Options Advanced - and reboot
    • removed IE11 completely via CP, Programs and Features, Windows Features - and reboot
    • reinstall IE11 via CP, Programs and Features, Windows Features - and reboot

None of these steps made any difference.

I don't know what else to try.

Any ideas?

NeilCameron1215, Sep 9, 2018
  4. my favorites bar is gone. I want it back!

Favorites Bar

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Please provide us the required information to help you better:

Which browser are you referring to?

Please follow the steps to not shows items in Favorites bar in Microsoft Edge:

• Select More actions (…) on the address bar, then Settings.

• Turn off Show favorites bar.
    And to do the same in Internet Explorer:

• In Internet Explorer, right-click any empty space in the area above the address bar.

• Select Favorites bar.
    Hope this information helps. Please post us with the required information if issue persists.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

my favorites bar is gone. I want it back!

1. my favorites bar is gone. I want it back! - Similar Threads - favorites bar gone

2. Favorites Bar had deleted all my Favorites in it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Favorites Bar had deleted all my Favorites in it: I use Windows 11 Edge Favorites. I have two folders, one is called Favorites Bar, the other is Other Favorites. I have been saving web sites in folders in the Favorites Bar. However, on looking in there today, all the folders have gone. There is only an icon in there to One...
  3. Favorites Bar had deleted all my Favorites in it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Favorites Bar had deleted all my Favorites in it: I use Windows 11 Edge Favorites. I have two folders, one is called Favorites Bar, the other is Other Favorites. I have been saving web sites in folders in the Favorites Bar. However, on looking in there today, all the folders have gone. There is only an icon in there to One...
  4. Favorites Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Favorites Bar: As of today, 11/20/2020, the area for my favorites has shrunk to where I can't read info which I need. The area of favorites is now shorter and narrower. The area does not allow me to scroll horizontal, so my info is unavailable....
  5. Favorites, Favorites Bar and Other Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites, Favorites Bar and Other Favorites: When I first used the new Edge (Chrome??) I imported my bookmarks and bookmarks tool bar from Firerfox and got lost in the terminology of Edge. I am sure I don't understand the difference between 'Favorites', 'Favorites Bar' and 'Other Favorites'. Each seems to contain the...
  6. favorites bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    favorites bar: how to sort titles in favorites and favorites bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-bar/55fbe4e0-e111-44a2-9301-9900913851c0
  7. favorite Bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    favorite Bar: how do I delete items listed on my favorite bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/favorite-bar/30425629-414b-4cb0-be0a-427573c39f78
  8. Favorites bar

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites bar: Hi folks. My Favorites bar has gone. Not talking about Bookmarks but Favorites. I'm using Google Chrome and the bar was there last night but has now disappeared. Any thoughts? In the meantime I've tried to recall as many favorites as possible and put them into Bookmarks but...
  9. Menu Bar, Favorites & Favorites Bar

in Browsers and Email
    Menu Bar, Favorites & Favorites Bar: I am presently using IE 11 and thinking about switching to another browser. I am looking for a browser that has the above titles shown on the home page in the same way as IE 11. Are there any available? 71224
  10. Favorites is Gone

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites is Gone: I installed Windows 10 without any hi-cup last week. I imported the favorites/bookmark from Chrome and organized them in the right category. Favorites bar shown and all, closed the Edge but when I open the Edge again, my Favorites is gone but the Favorites Bar is still there....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is my favorites bar gone

2. windows phone - Favorites gone

3. my newsfeed and favorites bar is gone

4. my favorite bar is gone,
  5. favorite bar went missing edge,
  6. my favorites bar is gone. I want it back!