Windows 10: my figerprint sensor is not working.

Discus and support my figerprint sensor is not working. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; my fingerprint sensor is not working. in setting for sign up option showing as fingerprint is currently unavailable & notifying that couldn't find a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by vilashjoshi, Jul 5, 2020.

1. my figerprint sensor is not working.

my fingerprint sensor is not working. in setting for sign up option showing as fingerprint is currently unavailable & notifying that couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello. it stopped working all of a sudden and searched for the solution. I got like to uncheck a box on power management tab on biometric device on device manager, but I didn't find any power management tab on properties on fingerprint sensor. Please help me on this. my windows version is 2004. it is not happened immediately after the update. fingerprint was running fine after the update. I don't kwon the reason. is there any connection between finger print sensor and wireless receiver. because I am using wireless mouse & key board and I switched off my pc with that wireless receiver pugged in and next day when switch on the laptop finger print sensor was not working. Please help me on this. my widows version is 2004 and os build 19041.329 and this Hp laptop and modle number is HP Laptop 15s-fr1xxx

:)

vilashjoshi, Jul 5, 2020

2. figerprint sensor

i want to use windows hello on my elite book 2530p window 10 pro ..............can somebody pls give me the link to download the synaptics sensor for it

enikuomehinadejuwon, Jul 5, 2020
  3. Way to disable proximity sensor?

Why does my Nokia Lumia's screen turn black when in a call? - Nokia FAQ

Your Nokia Lumia phone has a proximity sensor located on the upper part of the front side. When you are in a call the proximity sensor turns off the touch screen to prevent accidental presses. Any object cover the sensor may cause
    detection.

You can take the following steps to check the issue:

• Make or receive a call with the phone.
    • Once the phone is in a call place your hand 1cm above the screen and display will turn off.
    • Remove your hand from above the proximity sensor area and display shall turn back on.
    • Repeat the test steps 1,2,3 for 3 times to verify the proximity sensor function.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Jul 5, 2020
  4. tazgal Win User

my figerprint sensor is not working.

Fingerprint scanner not working on my laptop after changing to windows

TexasBandit,
    Thank you for this assistance. I followed the steps that you said and uninstalled the Validity sensor, restarted my computer and then reinstalled the Validity. However the scanner did not work. If you have any other suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. I am still getting the blank box after clicking the setup, i never get the input screen. Can anyone give any further assistance it would be greatly appreciated.

tazgal, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

my figerprint sensor is not working.

1. my figerprint sensor is not working. - Similar Threads - figerprint sensor working

2. My fingerprint sensor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My fingerprint sensor not working: my fingerprint sensor not working* Changed to a question and moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-fingerprint-sensor-not-working/7fcded56-420a-4527-b66c-508c25da930d
  3. My fingerprint sensor not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My fingerprint sensor not working: my fingerprint sensor not working* Changed to a question and moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-fingerprint-sensor-not-working/7fcded56-420a-4527-b66c-508c25da930d
  4. Fingerprint Sensor not working

Fingerprint Sensor not working: Recently I have been unable to use my fingerprint sensor on my Asus Vivobook Pro14X. Under device manager > ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor properties, it is stated that "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. Code 31...
  5. Fingerprint Sensor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint Sensor not working: Recently I have been unable to use my fingerprint sensor on my Asus Vivobook Pro14X. Under device manager > ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor properties, it is stated that "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. Code 31...
  6. Figerprint recognition Windows Hello not working at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Figerprint recognition Windows Hello not working at all: So I had some problems with this before. It sometimes worked....usually not. I found when it didn't work, if I removed my figure print for sign in and set it up again it would work for a day or so...then not work. Now it simply doesn't work at all ever. This is a system which...
  7. Figerprint recognition Windows Hello not working at all

Figerprint recognition Windows Hello not working at all: So I had some problems with this before. It sometimes worked....usually not. I found when it didn't work, if I removed my figure print for sign in and set it up again it would work for a day or so...then not work. Now it simply doesn't work at all ever. This is a system which...
  8. My fingerprint sensor does not work

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My fingerprint sensor does not work: I have Dell Inspiron 14 5000 2-in-1 with windows 10 updated. My fingerprint sensor suddenly stopped working and I need to sign in with my pin. I can't troubleshoot the problem. It used to work after I restarted the laptop when I first faced this problem. Now it does not work...
  9. Why is my fingerprint sensor not working?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why is my fingerprint sensor not working?: So 2 days after I bought my Huawei D14 laptop, the fingerprint sign in worked for some time and just stopped, the face sign in also doesn't work. what should I do? It tells me that something went wrong and I should try it again later but it doesn't work. help!...
  10. Fingerprint sensor not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fingerprint sensor not working: Recently I noticed my fingerprint sign in option no longer existed. Went into device manager and clicked on my fingerprint sensor's properties. It says: This device cannot start. (Code 10) The process hosting the driver for this device has terminated. Anyone know how to fix...