Windows 10: My file and folder timestamps are showing the wrong time

Discus and support My file and folder timestamps are showing the wrong time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Over the summer in the UK (when we were on British Summer Time) my files and folders had the correct time on them, but ever since Daylight Savings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Foebane72, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Foebane72 Win User

My file and folder timestamps are showing the wrong time

Over the summer in the UK (when we were on British Summer Time) my files and folders had the correct time on them, but ever since Daylight Savings kicked in and moved us back to Greenwich Mean Time, my files (depending on what app is used to view the file details) keeps showing the timestamps as an hour less as to what they should be.

The thing is, I had this problem a few years ago and it somehow got corrected, but it's come up again. So how do I fix this problem and show the correct time in file timestamps, regardless of DST changes?

:)

Foebane72, Dec 12, 2018

2. Windows 10 timestamps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

Please answer the queries, mentioned below:

• Were you able to install Windows 10 successfully?

• Did you check, if it is present in Windows.old folder?

• Where exactly are you trying to check, if the TimeStamps are present?
    I would suggest you to follow these steps below to retrieve files manually from Windows.old folder and check, if it helps.

• Enter This PC in the search box, and then click on
      This PC in the search results.
    • Double-tap or double-click the drive that Windows is installed on (typically, the C: drive).
    • Double-tap or double-click the Windows.old folder.
    • Double-tap or double-click the Users folder.
    • Double-tap or double-click your user
      name.
    • Open the Windows.old folder that contain the files you want to retrieve.
    • Copy and paste the files that you want from
      Windows.old
      folder to a folder in Windows 10.
    • Repeat steps 5-7 for each user account on your PC.

Please feel free to contact us if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Dec 12, 2018
  3. dark2099 Win User
    Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Dec 12, 2018
  4. My file and folder timestamps are showing the wrong time

steam games won't show up in program files(x86)

Hi,

We suggest that you check if the folder is hidden by following these steps:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type folder, and then select
      Show hidden files and folders from the search results.
    • Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then select
      OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Nathaniel Mon, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

My file and folder timestamps are showing the wrong time

1. My file and folder timestamps are showing the wrong time - Similar Threads - file folder timestamps

2. Timestamp on files and documents missing in teams folders ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Timestamp on files and documents missing in teams folders ?: I work on teams in my organisation and we work with a lot of files and have 5 people all feeding into - I am trying to find out how we can get the timestamp on the files to show who last modified a documents and at what time but have not been able to . I am sure it must be...
  3. Windows Bug? Quick Access in File Explorer shows wrong timestamps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Bug? Quick Access in File Explorer shows wrong timestamps in Windows 10: I noticed that Quick access is showing the wrong "date modified" timestamps, as you can see in this picture:when I right-click the file > Properties, date modified shows the correct timestamp.Why does Quick Access show the wrong timestamp? "25/02/2022"...it should be...
  4. Windows Bug? Quick Access in File Explorer shows wrong timestamps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Bug? Quick Access in File Explorer shows wrong timestamps in Windows 10: I noticed that Quick access is showing the wrong "date modified" timestamps, as you can see in this picture:when I right-click the file > Properties, date modified shows the correct timestamp.Why does Quick Access show the wrong timestamp? "25/02/2022"...it should be...
  5. Windows Bug? Quick Access in File Explorer shows wrong timestamps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Quick Access in File Explorer shows wrong timestamps in Windows 10

Quick Access in File Explorer shows wrong timestamps in Windows 10: I noticed that Quick access is showing the wrong "date modified" timestamps, as you can see in this picture:when I right-click the file > Properties, date modified shows the correct timestamp.Why does Quick Access show the wrong timestamp? "25/02/2022"...it should be...
  7. Quick Access in File Explorer shows wrong timestamps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access in File Explorer shows wrong timestamps in Windows 10: I noticed that Quick access is showing the wrong "date modified" timestamps, as you can see in this picture:when I right-click the file > Properties, date modified shows the correct timestamp.Why does Quick Access show the wrong timestamp? "25/02/2022"...it should be...
  8. Quick Access in File Explorer shows wrong timestamps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Photo files showing wrong time

Photo files showing wrong time: I have recently noticed that when I upload photos from an SD card to my computer that the time stamps are always off be a few-several hours. Here's an example: in the screenshot below the timestamp on the photo is 2:23 AM, but this photo was taken at 2:23 PM. The date is...
  10. File Explorer shows wrong folder size

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer shows wrong folder size: Recently I noticed that in File Explorer when I right click on a folder and click Properties, the folder size is sometimes shown much smaller than the correct size. For example, in File Explorer, Documents shows as 30 MB (repeat 30 MB), while in Tree Size Free the correct...