Windows 10: My File Explorer and Excel search functions are not working.

Discus and support My File Explorer and Excel search functions are not working. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My File Explorer and Excel search functions are not working after installation of Titus Data classification tool. what could be the reason.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Raajaaaa, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Raajaaaa Win User

My File Explorer and Excel search functions are not working.

My File Explorer and Excel search functions are not working after installation of Titus Data classification tool. what could be the reason.

:)

Raajaaaa, Jul 10, 2020

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Search Function on File Explorer is not Working

Hi,

In response to your questions:

1. Did you make any changes to your PC prior to this issue?

Not that I am aware of.

2. Can you type in the search bar when you do not click on the Start button?

The search button on the task bar works - it is the search box on file explorer that is not functioning

My File Explorer and Excel search functions are not working. c2c1fe5f-5306-4cb2-9dc7-b2a07fe3713b.png

3. What troubleshooting steps have to tried to fix the issue?

Confirmed file explorer options are set to default

Indexing Options - the only exclusion is against OS(CMy File Explorer and Excel search functions are not working. :) and that is Data; AppData; AppData

4. Does the issue occur when you are performing or running certain specific in the background?

The issue occurs even when only 1 File Explorer Window is open and task manager is not showing other programs running.

Re Method One - the search box in the control panel does not work. I opened via viewing as icons

and used both the default Files don't appear in search results and Search Function on File Explorer is not working as both a user and an administrator which led to explore additonal information which led to this website.

Re Method Two - response was

• Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

Windows Updates show the device is up to date.

Previously, as I typed into the search box, it would start searching at the first keystroke and now nothing.

Any more help will be appreciated.

Dragonfly171, Jul 10, 2020
  4. My File Explorer and Excel search functions are not working.

excel file causes instability in "windows explorer"

When I open an excel file by double clicking on the name in windows explorer, the file opens OK but at the same

time, the explorer file list jumps up and down as it lists and de-lists the

excel temp file. It is very distracting. I can close the explorer window or

simply change to another folder. It occurs only on one of my computers and only on some excel files

It happens only with excel files and not with word or acrobat

Any suggestions where to look for the problem. We've reinstalled Office 10 and reset my windows profile. nothing helped so far.

Joel Trussell, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

My File Explorer and Excel search functions are not working.

1. My File Explorer and Excel search functions are not working. - Similar Threads - File Explorer Excel

2. Search function in Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search function in Explorer: When I search in Explorer for something, i get a list of the files which contain that search item. However, I need to know in which folder those files are and I can't see any way of establishing that without actually opening the files. I want to be able to establish in which...
  3. Search function in Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search function in Explorer: When I search in Explorer for something, i get a list of the files which contain that search item. However, I need to know in which folder those files are and I can't see any way of establishing that without actually opening the files. I want to be able to establish in which...
  4. Search function in Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Search Function in Windows 10 File Explorer Does Not Work

in Cortana
    Search Function in Windows 10 File Explorer Does Not Work: I get zero results from any search done directly in the search box in Windows file explorer. If instead I use the search box on the task bar to search for documents, that action copies the search into the search box in file explorer. The search then begins, but because it is...
  6. Search function in File Explorer is not working correctly

Search function in File Explorer is not working correctly: step to reproduce: 1, in any folder, create a file named "ConfigurationManager.txt" 2, search "manager" 3, result is nothing how can I fix this?...
  7. File explorer function not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer function not working: Customer called today about not being able to save attachments from Outlook 2016. Pop up on save saying cannot save. So updated OS to latest build 20h2, updated office 365 and checked updated drivers etc. Still issue. Tried saveas function in word and excel, browse does not...
  8. Search functionality within File Explorer

Search functionality within File Explorer: I read a post from 2017 stating that the functionality to default search preference to "current folder" within the File Explorer is not possible. Has this since changed as it has now been 2 years and it is actually very frustrating to navigate through endless files or have...
  9. Windows Explorer search functionality not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer search functionality not working: Cannot get result when we do a simple file search. Some times it keeps loading and sometimes get blank result https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-search-functionality-not-working/d81249cd-84b1-40db-98c1-561d30d0537c
  10. Searching for excel files in file explorer

Searching for excel files in file explorer: How can I refine my search when searching for a particular spreadsheet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/searching-for-excel-files-in-file-explorer/5baecff7-1583-4f15-9e96-6e6e45efd92d