Windows 10: My file explorer doesn't display the directory tree. How do I fix this?

Discus and support My file explorer doesn't display the directory tree. How do I fix this? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just got a new laptop with Windows 10. When I open File Explorer, the directory tree is missing. Where is it??? My other computer displays it just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NormClark, Mar 14, 2021.

1. NormClark Win User

My file explorer doesn't display the directory tree. How do I fix this?

I just got a new laptop with Windows 10. When I open File Explorer, the directory tree is missing. Where is it???

My other computer displays it just fine. HELP!!!

:)

NormClark, Mar 14, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

My file explorer doesn't display the directory tree. How do I fix this? [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Mar 14, 2021
  3. Callender Win User
    I'm Looking for a Hyperlinked tree-view directory display for Windows

What do you mean by "websites" ? Anyway assuming that you just want of way to view multiple folders try:

Download Tablacus Explorer - MajorGeeks

Tablacus Explorer Add-ons

Here's a screenshot from my machine:

Here's some of the installed add ons:

You could add/ remove favorite folders in the left pane and bookmark the rest using tabs.

Lets say you want to move a file (or multiple files) from one directory to another. Just drag and drop anywhere the target folder is visible.

Callender, Mar 14, 2021
  4. My file explorer doesn't display the directory tree. How do I fix this?

how to display entire tree in windows 10 file explorer folder pane WHEN THERE IS NO NUMBER KEYPAD

Hi Ali,

The navigation pane in File Explorer may not be set to show all folders and libraries that's why it doesn't show the entire tree when you expand it. It also possible that some files, folder, and drives may also be hidden that's why you're unable to see it
    when you expand a specific folder. To address this issue, please follow these steps:

1. Open File Explorer.
    2. Click View from the Main Menu.
    3. Click Options > Change folder and search options.
    4. Click the View tab, then under Advanced settings list, tick or check the following items:
      • Files and Folders > Hidden files and folders
        • Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
      • Navigation pane
        • Expand to open folder
        • Show all folders
        • Show libraries
    5. Click Apply, then OK.
    6. Close and relaunch the File Explorer and see if the entire folder pane tree will show when you expand it.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the performing the steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

My file explorer doesn't display the directory tree. How do I fix this?

1. My file explorer doesn't display the directory tree. How do I fix this? - Similar Threads - file explorer doesn't

2. How do i fix this problem with file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix this problem with file explorer?: My file explorer crashes as soon as i try to open it, any thing related to using file explorer will not work, i cant get access to any of my files but programs and apps workI cant seem to post a video of the problem but as soon as i click it the loading icon on the cursor...
  3. How do i fix this problem with file explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i fix this problem with file explorer?: My file explorer crashes as soon as i try to open it, any thing related to using file explorer will not work, i cant get access to any of my files but programs and apps workI cant seem to post a video of the problem but as soon as i click it the loading icon on the cursor...
  4. How do I fix this error in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix this error in File Explorer?: While I was grabbing some files, I accidentally moved something to quick access. No when I click on the "Documents" folder, it shows the error message below....
  5. How do I fix this error in File Explorer?

How do I fix this error in File Explorer?: While I was grabbing some files, I accidentally moved something to quick access. No when I click on the "Documents" folder, it shows the error message below....
  6. How do I fix "file Explorer?"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix "file Explorer?": I have a samsung laptop. It appears they have microsoft products integrated into the operating system. Everything I was saving etc... was being saved to a "one drive" folder. I don't want that. I removed one drive from my laptop and now, when I go to "file explorer" it says...
  7. How do I fix "file Explorer?"

How do I fix "file Explorer?": I have a samsung laptop. It appears they have microsoft products integrated into the operating system. Everything I was saving etc... was being saved to a "one drive" folder. I don't want that. I removed one drive from my laptop and now, when I go to "file explorer" it says...
  8. How do I fix File Explorer permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I fix File Explorer permissions: Ever since I updated my OS this has been happening. It always asks for permission whatever I may do. What should I do to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-file-explorer-permissions/26017dc2-77cc-40c9-863e-98cbcc550b94
  9. File explorer - display all elements in tree

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer - display all elements in tree: So I have a lot of subfolders in a folder and I would like to get all elements inside the main folder. I checked on the microsoft community thread here but using num lock and * doesn't work submitted by /u/Marethju [link] [comments]...
  10. Directory doesn't display in file explorer, but I can browse to it via file explorer...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Directory doesn't display in file explorer, but I can browse to it via file explorer...: I robocopied a directory from windows 7 pro ntfs partion to a directory on a windows 10 pro exfat partition. Robocopy succeeded as expected. From within file explorer I cannot see the directory (all view options are on, nothing hidden), but I can access all the files and...