Windows 10: My File explorer is keep on crashing, I am using Windows 10

Discus and support My File explorer is keep on crashing, I am using Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My File explorer is keep on crashing, I am using Windows 10 Any idea how to resolve it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AnoopChellappan1, Nov 14, 2018.

1. My File explorer is keep on crashing, I am using Windows 10

My File explorer is keep on crashing, I am using Windows 10

Any idea how to resolve it?

:)

AnoopChellappan1, Nov 14, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Harvy Win User
    Windows explorer crashing

Hi,

I am having the same problem as the OP in this thread.
    Windows Explorer crashes whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in explorer..

I have tried the fixes listed in the above thread and I am getting the same error message as 'ktadie' (post 16). I think this is because I am running Windows 7 Professional. Windows explorer crashes when I open my 'Films' folder on my brand new 2tb external HDD. I have about 300 .avi files in this folder and some of the .avi files are several years old.

In short I believe I need the same fix given by 'Wile E' (post 7) but updated for Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks in advance.

Harvy, Nov 14, 2018
  4. My File explorer is keep on crashing, I am using Windows 10

Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

thats wierd... iv never had a large file crash explorer before....

and i have files ranging upto 80GB...

slyfox2151, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

My File explorer is keep on crashing, I am using Windows 10

1. My File explorer is keep on crashing, I am using Windows 10 - Similar Threads - File explorer keep

2. My File Explorer keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My File Explorer keeps crashing: Basically a month ago, I still had Windows 10 20H2 on my laptop and it was running perfectly smooth. But a few days later File Explorer started automatically crashing and showing me a error message saying “APPLICATION DOES NOT EXIST/ FILE EXPLORER DOES NOT EXIST” but I had...
  3. My File Explorer keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My File Explorer keeps crashing: Basically a month ago, I still had Windows 10 20H2 on my laptop and it was running perfectly smooth. But a few days later File Explorer started automatically crashing and showing me a error message saying “APPLICATION DOES NOT EXIST/ FILE EXPLORER DOES NOT EXIST” but I had...
  4. my windows keeps refreshing itself and i am not able to open the file explorer it crashes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my windows keeps refreshing itself and i am not able to open the file explorer it crashes...: it shows dll errors i tried running sfc scanow and it showed that it fixed some but not all dism but thry showed error like The WOF driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file's Resource Table...
  5. I am using windows 10 file explorer issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am using windows 10 file explorer issue.: In Windows 10 when I open file explorer and scroll down to view files, after a few seconds the folder jumps to the beginning of the folder even if I have hovered over a file? So I have to then scroll back down to the file and within a few seconds I have to select it or the...
  6. I am using windows 10 file explorer issue.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am using windows 10 file explorer issue.: In Windows 10 when I open file explorer and scroll down to view files, after a few seconds the folder jumps to the beginning of the folder even if I have hovered over a file?Any help really appreciated.Thank you....
  7. I am using windows 10 file explorer issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am using windows 10 file explorer issue.: In Windows 10 when I open file explorer and scroll down to view files, after a few seconds the folder jumps to the beginning of the folder even if I have hovered over a file?Any help really appreciated.Thank you....
  8. Windows 10 File Explorer keeps crashing

Windows 10 File Explorer keeps crashing: Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: explorer.exe Application Version: 10.0.19041.488 Application Timestamp: b1a44bf9 Fault Module Name: shcore.dll Fault Module...
  9. My Windows 10 File explorer keeps on crashing

My Windows 10 File explorer keeps on crashing: Hi, My windows 10 File explorer keeps on crashing. Not sure how to fix it. I have tried rebooting and updating the graphics card driver and disabling quick access. Can any one help me please? Thank you...
  10. Windows 10 File Explorer keeps crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 File Explorer keeps crashing: Hi. My File Explorer app keeps crashing and doesn't allow me to copy or open my files. Very frustrating, yet intermittent problem. Any idea how to fix this problem? When I query the crash, I get the following info: Description A problem caused this program to stop...