Windows 10: My File Explorer keeps crashing because of a single Corrupted File

Discus and support My File Explorer keeps crashing because of a single Corrupted File in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am having an annoying problems with my Windows 10 PC. Yesterday I downloaded a video into a folder in my D drive and somehow that file got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MaxTung, Jul 7, 2020.

1. MaxTung Win User

My File Explorer keeps crashing because of a single Corrupted File

Hello,

I am having an annoying problems with my Windows 10 PC. Yesterday I downloaded a video into a folder in my D drive and somehow that file got corrupted, and every time I open the root of my D Drive, everything such as the Icons load in for all the folders up until the folder that contains the aforementioned corrupted file. Then File Explorer will try to refresh itself and start loading really slowly and crashes itself. I have tried to delete the file itself by right clicking and deleting, but the moment I click the file, File Explorer crashes and restarts. I also tried to right clicking and deleting the Folder that it was in, but it just says discovering Item forever. I also tried to delete the file using CMD but the process never finished

In addition I have tried:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth - identified issues, fixable

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth-fixed issues

However, nothing changed and the problems persist, so I currently moved all my non corrupted files in the D drive into a folder and then use a shortcut to access that folder to not trigger file manager into attempting to load that file. Is there another way to permanently fix the problem?

:)

MaxTung, Jul 7, 2020

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Jul 7, 2020
  3. Gencijs Win User
    File explorer keeps crashing in Win 10

Hello,

I did the steps you wrote. All the settings were as you suggested. The File Explorer keeps crashing.

Gencijs, Jul 7, 2020
  4. My File Explorer keeps crashing because of a single Corrupted File

Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

thats wierd... iv never had a large file crash explorer before....

and i have files ranging upto 80GB...

slyfox2151, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

My File Explorer keeps crashing because of a single Corrupted File

1. My File Explorer keeps crashing because of a single Corrupted File - Similar Threads - File Explorer keeps

2. My File Explorer keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My File Explorer keeps crashing: Basically a month ago, I still had Windows 10 20H2 on my laptop and it was running perfectly smooth. But a few days later File Explorer started automatically crashing and showing me a error message saying “APPLICATION DOES NOT EXIST/ FILE EXPLORER DOES NOT EXIST” but I had...
  3. My File Explorer keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My File Explorer keeps crashing: Basically a month ago, I still had Windows 10 20H2 on my laptop and it was running perfectly smooth. But a few days later File Explorer started automatically crashing and showing me a error message saying “APPLICATION DOES NOT EXIST/ FILE EXPLORER DOES NOT EXIST” but I had...
  4. File Explorer keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer keeps Crashing: So file Explorer keeps Crashing altough the PC is brand-new and very welll equipped. Win 10These are the 2 reports I usually get:1000 100:Faulting application name: SearchApp.exe, version: 10.0.19041.2193, time stamp: 0x68923581Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version:...
  5. File Explorer keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer keeps Crashing: So file Explorer keeps Crashing altough the PC is brand-new and very welll equipped. Win 10These are the 2 reports I usually get:1000 100:Faulting application name: SearchApp.exe, version: 10.0.19041.2193, time stamp: 0x68923581Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version:...
  6. File explorer keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer keeps crashing: I have multiple users experiencing the same issue.File explorer crashes. System is un-usable until explorer comes back around. When it does, all network shares are gone.I have tried the window scaling suggestion. No helpI have done the sfc / scannow. No help, no errorsI have...
  7. HELP! My explorer keeps crashing after opening a single file.

HELP! My explorer keeps crashing after opening a single file.: The problem seems to happen only off of the desktop. I have tried a lot of the standard fixes reset the file explorer done every top 9 tips to fix crashing file explorer. Really need help I've just downloaded avid first and a canon webcam software direct from canon they...
  8. File explore keeps crashing

File explore keeps crashing: HI everyone I have Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 on a Dell Latitude 7280 I have been unable to use File Explorer. As soon as I open it, it crashes: Details of the problem report below. I have tried running sfc/scannow, changing display...
  9. File explorer keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File explorer keeps crashing: Whenever I try to open either my C drive or my E drive within File Explorer, it always causes it to freeze up and temporarily make the screen go black. This also happens whenever I right-click it or when I try to open up Recycle Bin. Any tips on how to fix this?...
  10. File Explorer Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File Explorer Keeps Crashing: I have seen this on other threads but I haven't been able to fix it yet. I run Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 3 with 2 additional screens, a Dell and an LG. Everything has worked fine for the first few months, but in the last week I have had the same issue every single...