Windows 10: My File Explorer Page Just Changed From Icons To A List In Text

Discus and support My File Explorer Page Just Changed From Icons To A List In Text in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All! It's been a while since I posted a question here so I hope you can help me. I noticed today that my File Explorer page changed from the Icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CanAm, Aug 27, 2019.

1. CanAm Win User

My File Explorer Page Just Changed From Icons To A List In Text

Hi All!

It's been a while since I posted a question here so I hope you can help me.

I noticed today that my File Explorer page changed from the Icons it has always displayed, to a list in text. How do I change it back?

Thanks, Mark

:)

CanAm, Aug 27, 2019

2. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Aug 27, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
  4. My File Explorer Page Just Changed From Icons To A List In Text

File Explorer jump list not working

Hi, thank you for your suggestions. I tried all those and no component missing. After the last one I rebooted just in case it needed that.

Result is that I have no change.

Another thing I noticed is that when I right click on the start icon whilst the run and search work fine everything from and including the File Explorer is similar to my jump list problem. Except that whilst in the jump list I can right click and get a
    mini menu from the start icon this list just disappears whether I left or right click.

John

JohnBarrieUnsworth, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

My File Explorer Page Just Changed From Icons To A List In Text

1. My File Explorer Page Just Changed From Icons To A List In Text - Similar Threads - File Explorer Page

2. Removing blue icons from ALL files, changing to the old file explorer logo and changing the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing blue icons from ALL files, changing to the old file explorer logo and changing the...: Problem 1: So, in the latest windows 10 update, which took 30 minutes to install and didn't help me at all, some things were changed. First off, I now have blue arrows on my icons. I had them before, but I used a program to delete them. Oh, and don't tell me to change...
  3. Change windows file explorer font size in list view

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change windows file explorer font size in list view: I am visually impaired. I prefer using Mac because I can make my cursor size a lot larger than I can on my PC. I have both a Mac and a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10 Pro. I have looked this question up and they say that I should go to settings>System>Display they...
  4. Print list of files from Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Print list of files from Windows Explorer: How do I print a list of the files that are in a directory and/or sub-directories from Windows Explorer? NOTE: I do not want to print the contents of the files, just the file names....
  5. Change in icon text style

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change in icon text style: I have a problem easily reading the icon text, which apparently changed recently. I would prefer a simple solid color for the text rather than a flashy silvery appearance. Where am I able to correct that problem or choose a different style?...
  6. changing Windows Explorer text size

in Windows 10 Support
    changing Windows Explorer text size: Hi, I have a new 43'' screen. I don't to keep the "size of text, apps and other items" to 100%, because some apps don't show a great quality when set to 125% and higher. How can I only change the size of Windows Explorer text ? Thanks, Patrick 104473
  7. Want to change File Explorer default View from "Details" to "List"

in Windows 10 Support
    Want to change File Explorer default View from "Details" to "List": Hi all, I have been searching the web for an answer to this question since first getting Windows 10 last year. I would like my File Explorer to open using the "List" view rather than the current default of "Details". I have seen many responses that reference how to change...
  8. Text and icons shrunk to unreadable dots in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Text and icons shrunk to unreadable dots in File Explorer: Suddenly everything in Files Explorer has shrunk almost to tiny dots. The text cannot be read, even if magnified, the icons are just about distinguishable. There is nothing in Settings or Control Panel of relevance. What can I do? Is there a way to replace the Windows...
  9. Window Icon on Task Bar Changed to Text List

in Windows 10 Support
    Window Icon on Task Bar Changed to Text List: The Window Icon, first icon on the taskbar is no longer graphical. Nothing happens when I left click on it. A right click brings up a long list including Programs and Features, Power Options, Event Viewer, System, etc.. I do not recall changing any desktop settings. What did...
  10. File Explorer icon disappears from Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer icon disappears from Taskbar: I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 yesterday and overall I've been happy with it. However, I note one strange behavior: the File Explorer icon seems to disappear sometimes from the Taskbar. I created a Desktop shortcut for File Explorer, but when I right click on...