Windows 10: My File Explorer Page Just Changed From Icons To A List In Text

Discus and support My File Explorer Page Just Changed From Icons To A List In Text in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All! It's been a while since I posted a question here so I hope you can help me. I noticed today that my File Explorer page changed from the Icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CanAm, Aug 27, 2019.

1. CanAm Win User

My File Explorer Page Just Changed From Icons To A List In Text

Hi All!

It's been a while since I posted a question here so I hope you can help me.

I noticed today that my File Explorer page changed from the Icons it has always displayed, to a list in text. How do I change it back?

Thanks, Mark

:)

CanAm, Aug 27, 2019

2. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Aug 27, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
  4. My File Explorer Page Just Changed From Icons To A List In Text

File Explorer jump list not working

Hi, thank you for your suggestions. I tried all those and no component missing. After the last one I rebooted just in case it needed that.

Result is that I have no change.

Another thing I noticed is that when I right click on the start icon whilst the run and search work fine everything from and including the File Explorer is similar to my jump list problem. Except that whilst in the jump list I can right click and get a
    mini menu from the start icon this list just disappears whether I left or right click.

John

JohnBarrieUnsworth, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

My File Explorer Page Just Changed From Icons To A List In Text

1. My File Explorer Page Just Changed From Icons To A List In Text - Similar Threads - File Explorer Page

2. No icons just text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No icons just text: also control panel doesn't work at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-icons-just-text/ccc89413-8600-4e50-8a23-af022bafe2d3
  3. No icons just text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No icons just text: also control panel doesn't work at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-icons-just-text/ccc89413-8600-4e50-8a23-af022bafe2d3
  4. No icons, just text

in Windows 10 Customization
    No icons, just text: Hi, all the icons on my desktop vanished. There is only text left. Same goes for the file explorer. I tried multiple things but nothing worked. Can anybody help`[ATTACH]...
  5. File explorer icon changes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer icon changes: [IMG] Hi, whenever I open file explorer and go to something like desktop, it opens a new window and changes the icon to the desktop icon. This is true for thing like documents where it opens the window and changes the icon to the documents icon. Below is an example. Any...
  6. Changing listing order of files and folders in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing listing order of files and folders in File Explorer: Microsoft is engaged in an annoying game of intentional behavior modification. Win 10 is making everything default to the OneDrive folder, and they're putting the OneDrive listing prominently so that if you aren't extra careful, you put your stuff in that folder and not the...
  7. File Explorer Changed Folder Display and Listings.

File Explorer Changed Folder Display and Listings.: In File Explorer under Downloads, the folders/files are listed as A-H, I-P, Q-Z, and Unspecified. How this happened, I don't know. What I do know is that I don't like it. How to get it back to Default? docs and Music and Pics are not like this. I'm at a loss. I've clicked on...
  8. Changing size of icons/text of the Navigation Pane in File explorer

Changing size of icons/text of the Navigation Pane in File explorer: Hello, I know it is possible to change the size of fonts in windows, but I only want to change the size of the Navigation Pane in Windows File Explorer. The icons as well. I couldn't find a clear answer to this. Anyone? submitted by /u/TheyTukMyJub [link] [comments]...
  9. Want to change File Explorer default View from "Details" to "List"

in Windows 10 Support
    Want to change File Explorer default View from "Details" to "List": Hi all, I have been searching the web for an answer to this question since first getting Windows 10 last year. I would like my File Explorer to open using the "List" view rather than the current default of "Details". I have seen many responses that reference how to change...
  10. Window Icon on Task Bar Changed to Text List

in Windows 10 Support
    Window Icon on Task Bar Changed to Text List: The Window Icon, first icon on the taskbar is no longer graphical. Nothing happens when I left click on it. A right click brings up a long list including Programs and Features, Power Options, Event Viewer, System, etc.. I do not recall changing any desktop settings. What did...