Windows 10: My file explorer stopped showing details (date, filesize etc.) in detailed view. How do I...

Discus and support My file explorer stopped showing details (date, filesize etc.) in detailed view. How do I... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] submitted by /u/Sikamixoticelixer [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sikamixoticelixer, Jan 8, 2020.

1. My file explorer stopped showing details (date, filesize etc.) in detailed view. How do I...

/u/Sikamixoticelixer, Jan 8, 2020
  2. Graeme.P Win User

GPS data in Explorer details view

Hi Yann, I'm Graeme, an independent adviser here to help.

You can view a much more comprehensive list of columns to include in the Details view of File Explorer, and choose which columns you'd like to see when browsing your files. Here are the steps to do this:

- Open File Explorer to a folder and view it in Details view.

- Right-click the column header to bring up the list of available column types to view.

- Click on More...

Here you'll see many options to choose from to make available, including some location information. You can check the ones you'd like to use, then click OK and it should show up as selectable when you right-click the column headers.

Hopefully this helps! Please let me know if you need further support. Thanks!

Graeme.P, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Details Pane in not visible in File explorer window

Hello Arafeh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are not getting the details of the file in File Explorer. We will help you.

I suggest you to refer the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + E keys, opens the File explorer.
    • Click on the View tab in File ribbon.
    • Click on the Details Pane. Check if the details are appearing in File explorer after selecting any files.

Follow the below image.

My file explorer stopped showing details (date, filesize etc.) in detailed view. How do I... windows-10-activate-details-pane.png

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 8, 2020
  4. My file explorer stopped showing details (date, filesize etc.) in detailed view. How do I...

File Explorer in Details Pane View stops responding

File Explorer, in Details Pane View, stops responding after the closure of any .docx file or any .xlsx file if said file was opened via File Explorer.

Older .doc files or .xls files do not cause such a problem, nor do .pdf, .txt or .jpg files cause such a problem.

The target files which cause problems for File Explorer in Details Pane View do not appear to cause any problems when those files are accessed by applications, such as Word or Excel.

The work around appears to be to switch the File Explorer view to Preview Pane.

What is the solution to enable the use of the Details Pane with the .docx and .xlsx files?

(Running Windows 10 Home, Version 1809, Build 17763.379, Updated 3/21/19.)

DavidTyndall, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

My file explorer stopped showing details (date, filesize etc.) in detailed view. How do I...

1. My file explorer stopped showing details (date, filesize etc.) in detailed view. How do I... - Similar Threads - file explorer stopped

2. Detailed view in explorer - presets

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Detailed view in explorer - presets: Is there a way to always have the same chosen details displayed in detailed view for Windows 10?I'd like for, instead of the default - #, title, contributing artists, album - to have date created, type, size, length or anything else....
  3. Detailed view in explorer - presets

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Detailed view in explorer - presets: Is there a way to always have the same chosen details displayed in detailed view for Windows 10?I'd like for, instead of the default - #, title, contributing artists, album - to have date created, type, size, length or anything else....
  4. Detailed view in explorer - presets

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win10 File Explorer details view problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 File Explorer details view problem: Hi, after an update by windows update, the details view in the explorer is showing empty colums for media files no tags informations https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-file-explorer-details-view-problem/3ebc2721-0447-4032-bf3a-717a9e9c2c4b
  6. How do i set the default view in file explorer to 'details'?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i set the default view in file explorer to 'details'?: As above, i want to view everything in my hard drive in file explorer as the 'details' setting in file explorer, i've searched google, but have found nothing that seems to work that well. submitted by /u/SaltyConnection [link] [comments]...
  7. Add details to files in the detail view

Add details to files in the detail view: Hello. I have a folder, "Invoices," that has a few different file types in it. The files are invoices that I get from vendors, normally as email attachments. I have over 100 vendors and I get the invoices as PDF's, Excel, or Word. I drag and drop the email attachment to...
  8. Enlarge Details View in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enlarge Details View in File Explorer: Hi! I've been searching for a solution to enlarge the details view in File Explorer for years, also other people have asked on the web for a solution to this but no answer so far, so I ask it here too: do you know any solution to make the text and icons of the files and...
  9. Stop Auto Arrange in Details View in File Explorer

Stop Auto Arrange in Details View in File Explorer: Windows 10 Pro, copyright 2019, local computer also accessing a windows server I have a folder on my c-Drive with hundreds of files. I am re-naming the files. Problem: each time a file is re-named, it jumps to a different location in the folder [example below] without...
  10. File Explorer in Details Pane View stops responding

File Explorer in Details Pane View stops responding: File Explorer, in Details Pane View, stops responding after the closure of any .docx file or any .xlsx file if said file was opened via File Explorer. Older .doc files or .xls files do not cause such a problem, nor do .pdf, .txt or .jpg files cause such a problem. The...