Windows 10: My File History USB is nearly full - what should I do now?

Discus and support My File History USB is nearly full - what should I do now? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I created my File History USB in May 2019. It's permanently plugged into my (E:) Drive and now has 2.01GB free, of 28.9GB. As it was completely new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Taffy087, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Taffy087 Win User

My File History USB is nearly full - what should I do now?

I created my File History USB in May 2019. It's permanently plugged into my (EMy File History USB is nearly full - what should I do now? :) Drive and now has 2.01GB free, of 28.9GB.

As it was completely new to me at the time - it was recommended by an expert here - I have several questions and would appreciate your help please:

(1) I can't remember how often it takes the History - how do I find that please

(2) Is Monthly intervals the recommended one?

(3) How do I find when the History was last taken?

(4) How much space is used when it takes the History?

(5) Is it best to insert a new USB and start again? Bing says to go to Settings > Update & Recovery > File History, then toggle the File History option to ON. Is this correct?

(6) When the new USB has say two months' history, should I wipe the old USB clean (reformat) for future use?

Looking forward to your advice.

PS I hope I've used the correct Topics etc below.

:)

Taffy087, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

My File History USB is nearly full - what should I do now?

1. My File History USB is nearly full - what should I do now? - Similar Threads - File History USB

2. What should I do to an SSD to be performing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What should I do to an SSD to be performing: Hello, I have appealed to the Microsoft Community to ask you to say that I bought two 1000 GB and another 237 GB SSD and please tell me what settings I need to make to have better performance longer life, optimization ect ...). Wait for response! A good day!...
  3. My laptop was stolen what do I do now

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My laptop was stolen what do I do now: My laptop was stolen today if I always delete everything including passwords forms I disabled this and used disc cleaner, delete temp files using run temp delete scan for malware, will the thief can still get the information I have type in all the sites I have visited when I...
  4. What should I do now?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What should I do now?: I install Windows 10 Pro on my computer half year ago. And at that time, it says Windows has not been active. But I continue use it until now. Now I know that it is not be allow. So if I am illegal? Can I just buy a new computer with Windows 10 Home, or if I stop use the...
  5. My HP Printer is Not Working and Not Connecting to Printer and Computer, Now What Should I Do?

My HP Printer is Not Working and Not Connecting to Printer and Computer, Now What Should I Do?: Can I get help by dialing Hp help desk 855.925.7078...... Can anyone help me plzzzzzz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-printer-is-not-working-and-not-connecting-to/e18c5f1a-43cb-4543-9cb1-97c43797def3
  6. i can not play dvd on my computer what should i do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can not play dvd on my computer what should i do: I can not ply dvd on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-movies/i-can-not-play-dvd-on-my-computer-what-should-i-do/1d61a665-fdf4-418a-b989-1d0fc0f7c1bd
  7. My window 10 is lagging what should I do?

My window 10 is lagging what should I do?: Hello friends My laptop is getting slowdown since I update my windows. Its lagging problem is increase so what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/my-window-10-is-lagging-what-should-i-do/b2522635-c2f3-494f-b1bb-f63988de3198
  8. i was getting mfc110u.dll file is missing. It is to be reinstall. what should i do now to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i was getting mfc110u.dll file is missing. It is to be reinstall. what should i do now to...: i was getting mfc110u.dll file is missing. It is to be reinstall. what should i do now to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/i-was-getting-mfc110udll-file-is-missing-it-is-to/b5a37d82-6962-418e-8eaf-1505fdcc5132
  9. File History drive full??!!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File History drive full??!!: Hello, hope somebody clever can help. I've connected to a 2TB external drive to backup my laptop and I'm getting a message saying that the file history drive is full, but I've used up less than 1TB and the initial backup hasn't finished. What can I do? Thanks 40702
  10. what should i do?

in Windows 10 Support
    what should i do?: Hello..... New here and this one is my ist thred... Since i upgrade windows 8.1 to windows 10 i am using it...but now my pc need re-install windows. what should i do? my windows upgrade from 8.1 to windows 10 free upgrade. and i have also setup of win 8.1 66652