Windows 10: My file won't sort/arrange automatically, need to F5/Refresh to move

Discus and support My file won't sort/arrange automatically, need to F5/Refresh to move in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just installed Windows 10 Pro. I sort all files by name, Yesterday, I found out that my file explorer or folders (on the main disk & other disk),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JimmyOon1994, Sep 12, 2018.

1. My file won't sort/arrange automatically, need to F5/Refresh to move

I just installed Windows 10 Pro.

I sort all files by name,
    Yesterday, I found out that my file explorer or folders (on the main disk & other disk), whenever I save new edited photos, photos from Internet, the windows file explorer won't re-arrange or sorting automatically, or don't move automatically the file from bottom to top & other way around.

I have to refresh the explorer manually everytime, it's very annoying, I need my explorer to arrange/sort/move automatically.

My registry doesn't have "DontRefresh", I added it by manually in (HKCR\[Wow6432Node\]CLSID\{BDEADE7F-C265-11D0-BCED-00A0C90AB50F}\Instance/DontRefresh with binary value 0) and it still won't fix the problem.
    Sfc scannow found some corrupt files, but it didn't fix my problem here.

How can I fix this problem?

:)

JimmyOon1994, Sep 12, 2018
  2. W1zzard Win User

Suggestion - GPU-Z window Reload (refresh)

Most items are refreshed automatically. I'll add driver details to items that get refreshed.

Adding F5 for complete refresh is a good suggestion

W1zzard, Sep 12, 2018
  3. Desktop Won`t Refresh On Windows 10

My desktop looks awful and I can`t refresh it. The icons are totally white and they`re scattered all over the place. The laptop is only 2 days old and HP support will not help me. I tried f5 but it does nothing. Thanks, Debi

technologykillsourbrains, Sep 12, 2018
  4. My file won't sort/arrange automatically, need to F5/Refresh to move

How long it takes to refresh desktop(F5)

Hi,

There are several factors which may be causing the issue with refresh feature when pressing the F5 key on your computer, this may include a corruption within the user profile or a recent change within your computer settings. In order for us to efficiently
    assist you with your concern, we just have a few questions for you:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Were you able to check the task manager if there are many applications running in the background?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you already performed?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

My file won't sort/arrange automatically, need to F5/Refresh to move

1. My file won't sort/arrange automatically, need to F5/Refresh to move - Similar Threads - file won't sort

2. why my pc is not refreshing on clicking refresh option in context menu or F5?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why my pc is not refreshing on clicking refresh option in context menu or F5?: my laptop is not refreshing throush context menu nor by pressing F5 key . And microsoft edge is creating new tabs and pinned it automatically...
  3. why my pc is not refreshing on clicking refresh option in context menu or F5?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why my pc is not refreshing on clicking refresh option in context menu or F5?: my laptop is not refreshing throush context menu nor by pressing F5 key . And microsoft edge is creating new tabs and pinned it automatically...
  4. Pressing F5 doesn't refresh the screen, I need to press both F5 and Fn for it to work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pressing F5 doesn't refresh the screen, I need to press both F5 and Fn for it to work.: I got a new keyboard https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Y3ZS47V?tag=rtings-zz-kb-20&ie=UTF8 and it works great although F5 doesn't seem to work unless I press Fn at the same time. Is there a way to bypass this or am I stuck with this forever?I have tried to find the model...
  5. Pressing F5 doesn't refresh the screen, I need to press both F5 and Fn for it to work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pressing F5 doesn't refresh the screen, I need to press both F5 and Fn for it to work.: I got a new keyboard https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Y3ZS47V?tag=rtings-zz-kb-20&ie=UTF8 and it works great although F5 doesn't seem to work unless I press Fn at the same time. Is there a way to bypass this or am I stuck with this forever?I have tried to find the model...
  6. Windows 10. Unable to Refresh F5/Right click<Refresh

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10. Unable to Refresh F5/Right click<Refresh: Hey, I just resetted my Laptop. I kept the personal files and just removed all the apps. The laptop is really smooth now except for refreshing. Everytime I try to refresh... The Blue circle of busyness comes on and stays for a longgggg time. I can click Start, I can...
  7. Need to hit refresh (F5) when copying/cutting a file to see the actual change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need to hit refresh (F5) when copying/cutting a file to see the actual change: Hey everyone! Three days ago I formatted my PC and installed W10 Pro 20H2 from scratch. Since then I've been having what appears to be a weird bug: if I copy or cut a file or folder from my desktop or a folder to another place it executes the order but I have to hit refresh...
  8. Fn + F5 Refresh not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fn + F5 Refresh not working: Fn + f5 refresh is not working instead i have to Win + f5 for refreshing. please help!!!! Also i have to click Fn + f11 / f12 for increseing/decreasing brightness. previously i used to Fn + f5 for refresh i never needed to win + any function keys....
  9. How to manually refresh File Explorer? F5 does not work

in Windows 10 Support
    How to manually refresh File Explorer? F5 does not work: How can I manually enforce refresh File Explorer view? If I press F5 key then from the right side a "Project" pane appears with entries like "PC screen only", "Duplicate", "Extend", ....) So whats that? Is F5 (accidentially) false-assigned? How can re-assign "normal"...
  10. "Downloads" folder won't automatically refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    "Downloads" folder won't automatically refresh: Hi guys, I have my downloads folder sorted by "Date Added" (newest at the top) and whenever I download a new file, the file will always goes to the bottom (when I have the Downloads folder open as I click download). I then refresh the page and it goes to the top of the...