Windows 10: My files all disappeared after a recent update. I looked in the C Drive in Windows.old and...

Discus and support My files all disappeared after a recent update. I looked in the C Drive in Windows.old and... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I've lost all my files and my apps. What do I do now? Thanks! Josh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoshHetherington, Aug 19, 2019.

1. My files all disappeared after a recent update. I looked in the C Drive in Windows.old and...

Hi, I've lost all my files and my apps. What do I do now?

Thanks!

Josh

:)

JoshHetherington, Aug 19, 2019
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Aug 19, 2019
  3. eidairaman1, Aug 19, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

My files all disappeared after a recent update. I looked in the C Drive in Windows.old and...

95Viper, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

My files all disappeared after a recent update. I looked in the C Drive in Windows.old and...

1. My files all disappeared after a recent update. I looked in the C Drive in Windows.old and... - Similar Threads - files disappeared recent

2. I recently reset my windows 10 and now i see a folder called windows old in c drive my C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently reset my windows 10 and now i see a folder called windows old in c drive my C Drive: I recently reset my windows 10 and now i see a folder called windows old in c drive my C Drive is having only 256 gb but that folder have more than 500 GB how can it possible can i delet the folder or it delet automatically...
  3. I recently reset my windows 10 and now i see a folder called windows old in c drive my C Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I recently reset my windows 10 and now i see a folder called windows old in c drive my C Drive: I recently reset my windows 10 and now i see a folder called windows old in c drive my C Drive is having only 256 gb but that folder have more than 500 GB how can it possible can i delet the folder or it delet automatically...
  4. I recently reset my windows 10 and now i see a folder called windows old in c drive my C Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. C Drive Disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C Drive Disappeared: From "optimize drives". Once a month I like to manually defrag and when I went to do it today the only one that was there was E my external hard drive I use for backup. Any help will be appreciated....
  6. C Drive Disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    C Drive Disappeared: From "optimize drives". Once a month I like to manually defrag and when I went to do it today the only one that was there was E my external hard drive I use for backup. Any help will be appreciated....
  7. Some files in C drive disappeared

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Some files in C drive disappeared: I went to a website to search something the when i return to my c drive then the folders and boot.mgr was gone in $WINDOWS.~BT Does anyone know how to fix it? i really need this pcUpdate - somehow windows.old was created when i did not even install new windows 10.HELP...
  8. Old temporary files generated in my C drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old temporary files generated in my C drive: Hello, I have a question concerning temporary files. I found these two this morning in my C Drive. tmp6B61.tmp tmp1E4C.tmp They are dated in April and March and when I delete them windows asks admin rights. Is it safe to delete them? What causes this? Kind regrds and...
  9. My Windows C Drive Disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Windows C Drive Disappeared: So my mother plugged in a hard drive or something to store her photos from her phone on this computer. Once she did this, the drive that was Windows D that I later named Windows C So at that time I had 2 Windows C Drives disappeared from the "This PC" and showed what she...
  10. Window Update - all files disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window Update - all files disappeared: I turn on my laptop and the Window is being updated automatically. Once it is done, my laptop display background has been reset to original. Then, I found that all my files gone!!!!! It is basically back to original!!! What happened?!!! oh gosh! And how to get back all...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when turning on my laptop a few months why are all my files disappered

2. where all my file exe in window.old