Windows 10: My files are covered with an Error symbol, and are not saving in the right places!

Discus and support My files are covered with an Error symbol, and are not saving in the right places! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've recently purchased a microsoft surface laptop, and as I have been saving files, they keep coming up with an error, saying they weren't able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StefanKarapatis, Jan 17, 2019.

1. My files are covered with an Error symbol, and are not saving in the right places!

I've recently purchased a microsoft surface laptop, and as I have been saving files, they keep coming up with an error, saying they weren't able to save them to this destination. A screen shot of my folders will show the majority of folders with a red cross, why is this?

When I save my files, they seem to be ending up in different places. I just want them all to be neat and tidy, in one place without the status 'error'.

Thanks!

:)

StefanKarapatis, Jan 17, 2019
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Jan 17, 2019
  4. My files are covered with an Error symbol, and are not saving in the right places!

Saving a file to a folder

Hi Dean,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you

It would be grateful if you could provide us few questions answer to understand the issue better and to provide you better assistance.

• How are you accessing emails through web browser or through a mail client (mail app, outlook 2010/2013)?

• Are you trying to save the email attached file? Please elaborate.
    If you are using Outlook email, let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Try the below steps provided.

Step 1.

If you want to save only the attached file from the email, try the below step.

• Right click on the attached file and click on Save as.

• Now select a folder location where you want to save the attached file.
    Step 2.

If you want to save the file along with the email try the below steps provided.

• Open the mail you want to save and click on File on the top of the right side.

• Click on Save As and select a folder location where you want to save the email.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

My files are covered with an Error symbol, and are not saving in the right places!

1. My files are covered with an Error symbol, and are not saving in the right places! - Similar Threads - files are covered

2. How to put my files back to the right place in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to put my files back to the right place in windows 11?: I don't know how to word this correctly so I apologize. I installed windows 11 on my pc and all of my drives still have all of my files and software but they're all unisntalled. All of my game launchers and software that were already installed are all uninstalled and now it...
  3. How to put my files back to the right place in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to put my files back to the right place in windows 11?: I don't know how to word this correctly so I apologize. I installed windows 11 on my pc and all of my drives still have all of my files and software but they're all unisntalled. All of my game launchers and software that were already installed are all uninstalled and now it...
  4. Why does the symbols on my keyboard keep switching places

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the symbols on my keyboard keep switching places: I'm on a hp gaming laptop with windows 10 and the symbol keys or any key that has a symbol option keeps switching places with other symbols at random times, which requires me to restart my laptop, It's getting annoying and I can't find anything online about it, I would...
  5. Why does the symbols on my keyboard keep switching places

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does the symbols on my keyboard keep switching places: I'm on a hp gaming laptop with windows 10 and the symbol keys or any key that has a symbol option keeps switching places with other symbols at random times, which requires me to restart my laptop, It's getting annoying and I can't find anything online about it, I would...
  6. Why does the symbols on my keyboard keep switching places

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. My icons don't place right

My icons don't place right: Hello, I do not know what happened but maybe an hour ago My icons weren't placing right as in I can only place a icon in the middle of other icons I have my icons on the left I cant place anything on the right. Its hard explain but I basically can't place my icons....
  8. Symbol right of clock,? and Mail?

Symbol right of clock,? and Mail?: Symbol right of clock? and Mail? These are 2 questions. Have Windows 10. Yesterday and today 12-13 and 12, 2020. The symbol right of clock showed something about "Notifications" "Manage Notifications" I Right click and several notices appeared. I did not want any of...
  9. Contacting the right place

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Contacting the right place: Ok i was on facebook and found a app with age if empires as its video. I want to know how to contact the right department to get that **** removed the app is called Era Revolution[IMG]...
  10. How do I save files in a certain place?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I save files in a certain place?: So I very recently asked this same question and it was solved but now I'm having a little trouble again. Since I updated Microsoft Edge, I'm not able to save files in a certain place when first downloaded. I would have to wait till it's downloaded and then move it into my...