Windows 10: My files are downloaded but my PC is on an older version of the desktop

Discus and support My files are downloaded but my PC is on an older version of the desktop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My files are available but all the shortcuts are gone and is reverted to a new desktop i want the shortcuts and old stuff back, any help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HalotiC, Jan 23, 2020.

1. HalotiC Win User

My files are downloaded but my PC is on an older version of the desktop

My files are available but all the shortcuts are gone and is reverted to a new desktop i want the shortcuts and old stuff back, any help?

:)

HalotiC, Jan 23, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Swapping to an older version of windows

Is there still an official way to drop back to an older version of windows, I honestly don't mind using a 3rd party way. If possible, can you list step by step instructions or a link to an easy to use website. Thanks.

jordanrothstein, Jan 23, 2020
  4. kithylin Win User

Older Versions possibly?

Hi there. I've tried this program on my desktop at home, and it seems like a great program. The only problem i can find is the plugins included to monitor intel processors, only supports the more modern processors. My desktop at home is an intel northwood socket 478, and it appears there is no way to monitor this processor's temps.

Also logging seems to be not working in the current version, and the only version on the website i can find to download, is this alpha version. Please direct me in the location to download older versions?

Also it would be nice to monitor the temps on my laptop, as it gets very hot during watching movies and trying to figure out which part of the system is getting hot. Laptop is an older Intel Celeron 1.8, Tualatin core.

If someone could point me to a version of this software that will monitor older processors, that would be great. It'd be nice if newer versions did not exclude old systems, although i can understand how that would be a lot of work from the developement stand-point.

kithylin, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

1. My files are downloaded but my PC is on an older version of the desktop - Similar Threads - files are downloaded

2. How to download older versions of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to download older versions of Windows: Hello, I recently received a notification on my hp computer suggesting that I try Windows 11. While I think Windows 11 is great, my laptop has a very slow processor and I have been experiencing far too much latency since I downloaded v.11. Can I revert to any available older...
  3. How to download older versions of Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to download older versions of Windows: Hello, I recently received a notification on my hp computer suggesting that I try Windows 11. While I think Windows 11 is great, my laptop has a very slow processor and I have been experiencing far too much latency since I downloaded v.11. Can I revert to any available older...
  4. An older version of PowerShell is installed in my PC

An older version of PowerShell is installed in my PC: According to Microsoft Docs, Windows 10 has Powershell 5.1 installed by default. But, I still have v5.0 in my computer. What could be the reason behind it? How can I update it?...
  5. An older version of PowerShell is installed in my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    An older version of PowerShell is installed in my PC: According to Microsoft Docs, Windows 10 has Powershell 5.1 installed by default. But, I still have v5.0 in my computer. What could be the reason behind it? How can I update it?...
  6. An older version of PowerShell is installed in my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Download Tool Installed Older Version?

Download Tool Installed Older Version?: The Background: Have an HP mini-tower purchased in 2018, with Win 10 Home 64-bit pre-installed. Windows Updates downloaded and installed with no problems—until V2004 May2020. This update failed repeatedly. Stuck on V1909?The Situation: Over the past year, I've tried tons of...
  8. Download an older version

Download an older version: Is there a way to download Maps version 5.17.11.10104.0? We are trying to verify a change in functionality from the older version to the current version and need access toMaps version 5.17.11.10104.0....
  9. Download older windows version?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Download older windows version?: Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 2004 I get a lot of crashes but I didn't upgrade via the settings so I can't roll back. Unfortunately you can not download older windows version from the official Microsoft site so you have to trust a third party website. Now I think about...
  10. Downloading an Older Version of Windows 10

Downloading an Older Version of Windows 10: Hi, Is there a way to download a copy of an older version of a Windows 10 iso, for example, the creators update? Thanks...