Windows 10: my files are gone after unlinking onedrive from my laptop

Discus and support my files are gone after unlinking onedrive from my laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; after unlink onedrive, the files that i linked in to the onedrive have all disappeared. i don't know how to recover the files. all it said after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by .'_kayla_'., Apr 4, 2019.

1. my files are gone after unlinking onedrive from my laptop

after unlink onedrive, the files that i linked in to the onedrive have all disappeared. i don't know how to recover the files. all it said after unlinking onedrive was, "where are my files?" i have very important files (like school assignments) that just got deleted from my laptop and i need them back. can someone please help me?

:)

.'_kayla_'., Apr 4, 2019

2. Silverlight blocking Onedrive files for attachments

Are you using OneDrive app or OneDrive on the web? If you are using OneDrive app you can try to remove and readd your OneDrive account, while the Microsoft Silverlight is installed, follow the steps below on how to do it:

• Right click on the OneDrive icon on the taskbar and click on Settings.
    • On the Account tab, click on the Unlink this PC under OneDrive.
    • Click on Unlink account to confirm.
    Let us know how it goes.

Robelene Win, Apr 4, 2019
  3. Onedrive Photos, not pictures file

Hi Charlie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for delay in replying.

Does this issue occur in OneDrive folder in File Explorer/Web Browser?

I suggest you to Change the OneDrive Location in Windows 10
    and check if that behavior occurs the same.

To change the OneDrive folder location in Windows 10, you have unlink OneDrive from your account and then repeat the setup process:

• Right-click on the OneDrive
      icon in the notification area and then select Settings
    • Select "Settings" and then select "Unlink OneDrive"
    • Follow the setup process again and ensure to select the new drive or location to have OneDrive sync to; you must wait for your files to download again to the new location
    Please note: if you've connected your Windows 10 user account with your Microsoft account, OneDrive won't let you unlink the application. You'll have to unlink your
    Microsoft account from your Windows account first.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Apr 4, 2019
  4. my files are gone after unlinking onedrive from my laptop

Unlink my Documents folder from OneDrive

If i am clear with your description, you want to unlink Onedrive from where is synced rigth now and start a syncrhonization in the following path C:\Users\jjcla\Documents is that correct?

Then after you follow my suggestion you can achieve it, and also can choose the files you want to sync following this steps:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/choose...

Neftali Ramirez, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

my files are gone after unlinking onedrive from my laptop

1. my files are gone after unlinking onedrive from my laptop - Similar Threads - files are gone

2. Unlink Gallery from my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlink Gallery from my laptop: I need to create some space on my laptop. I unlinked One Drive, but cannot unlink the photos Gallery, which I now realise is what is taking up the space. How can I unlink photos gallery from my laptop? Please note that while I was still linked to OneDrive, I tried unlinking...
  3. Unlink Gallery from my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unlink Gallery from my laptop: I need to create some space on my laptop. I unlinked One Drive, but cannot unlink the photos Gallery, which I now realise is what is taking up the space. How can I unlink photos gallery from my laptop? Please note that while I was still linked to OneDrive, I tried unlinking...
  4. I unlinked my pc from onedrive and now my documents folder is gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I unlinked my pc from onedrive and now my documents folder is gone: I unlinked my pc from onedrive and then my documents folder disappeared but I could still access it with a shortcut I had. I used a "tutorial" on how to reset its path to the default one but it didn't let me so I found this: link and after changing the path in registry my...
  5. I unlinked my pc from onedrive and now my documents folder is gone

I unlinked my pc from onedrive and now my documents folder is gone: I unlinked my pc from onedrive and then my documents folder disappeared but I could still access it with a shortcut I had. I used a "tutorial" on how to reset its path to the default one but it didn't let me so I found this: link and after changing the path in registry my...
  6. Unlinking files from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlinking files from OneDrive: A week ago I installed sims 4 on my pc. Onedrive automatically, which is annoying in itself, decided to link the sims files. I only have 5 GB in total on my personal onedrive, so you can imagine what kind of problem the sims gaming files will create..So, I did the steps I...
  7. Unlinking files from OneDrive

Unlinking files from OneDrive: A week ago I installed sims 4 on my pc. Onedrive automatically, which is annoying in itself, decided to link the sims files. I only have 5 GB in total on my personal onedrive, so you can imagine what kind of problem the sims gaming files will create..So, I did the steps I...
  8. Unlink my Documents folder from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unlink my Documents folder from OneDrive: I recently reinstalled Windows and installed OneDrive, but did not launch it until yesterday. When I did I noticed that a large number of files were uploading - these were saved games, config files etc. from games saved in my Documents folder. As far as I have been able to...
  9. Unlinking OneDrive from Desktop deleted my Files & Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unlinking OneDrive from Desktop deleted my Files & Folders: I recently installed OneDrive on my Laptop and synced it to My Documents and Desktop. I noticed my battery was being drained very quickly and so I decided to unsync One Drive from my Desktop but keep syncing My Documents folder. Doing this caused all of my files and...
  10. OneDrive is gone from my pc.

OneDrive is gone from my pc.: so after the deletion of my files, I saw that OneDrive was gone. the OneDrive folder looked like the default .EXE icon. I searched up how to fix it and the OneDrive sync client in the notification area was gone. i tried a command in the command prompt and it didn't work....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i unlink onedrive but keep my files

2. onedrive where are my files afetr unlinking

3. this pc pictures folder empty after unlinking onedrive