Windows 10: My files are lost.

Discus and support My files are lost. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey, my name is Riya. I had watched a youtube video 'how to lock a folder'. I follow all the steps. But when I tried to open that folder which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RiyaMor1, Nov 25, 2020.

1. RiyaMor1 Win User

My files are lost.

RiyaMor1, Nov 25, 2020

2. Files lost after Automatic Repair

Hi,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to refer the link provided below and check if it helps.

The files & folders from the previous operating system after the upgrade to Windows 10 might have been saved in the
    windows.old folder. Check if the lost files and folders are present in
    windows.old folder by following the steps below:

Step 1: Using Cortana

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard and type
      windows.old in the search box.

• Select the search result which shows folder and drive location of the program.

• Follow the file/folder path to check the contents of the same.

Step 2: Using Windows explorer

• Press Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard to open Windows Explorer.

• Click on This PC option from the left side panel of the window.

• Type windows.old in the Search This PC
      box located at the top right corner of the window.

• Follow the file/folder path to check the contents of the same.

Refer to the link below on Find lost files after the update to Windows 10 and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/find-lost-files-after-the-update-to-windows-10

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 25, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Mohan B P Win User

My files are lost.

Files lost, Internet explorer not reachable, error Ox800703f1

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue in finding the lost files. Let me assist you.

To narrow down the troubleshooting steps, kindly write back to us with the following information.

• Did you make any prior changes before this error occurred?
    • What is the error message you are getting when you try to open Internet Explorer?
    • Have you updated the Windows to the latest build?
    • Check whether the original account exists. (Use the below steps to check)
    • Press Windows key + R key, type netplwiz and press
      Enter key.
    • Check if the user account exits under Users for this computer.
    I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Update the Windows to the latest build.

• On the search bar type Settings.
    • Click on Update and Security.
    • Click on Check for Updates.
    • Read and accept the license terms, and then tap or click Finish if the update requires it.
    Method 2: To find lost files.

Follow the link below to find lost files and check if it helps.

Find lost files after the upgrade to Windows 10

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

My files are lost.

1. My files are lost. - Similar Threads - files are lost

2. Lost my desktop files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost my desktop files.: Hello I have lost my desktop files and they aren't in my storage either. This started when logged in an account witch wasn't mine and I couldn't switch account so I transfered my desktop from my real account to the other one. And when I restarted my pc it booted in to my real...
  3. Lost my desktop files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost my desktop files.: Hello I have lost my desktop files and they aren't in my storage either. This started when logged in an account witch wasn't mine and I couldn't switch account so I transfered my desktop from my real account to the other one. And when I restarted my pc it booted in to my real...
  4. lost files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost files: Hello, I am hoping someone could help.I got a new sd card for my phone and I tried to transfer files between my phones. Smart Switch kept 'saying' that I do not have enough space on my computer. I got a flash drive, plugged it in and transferred some videos from my laptop....
  5. Lost files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost files: Just opened my computer and all of my files have disappeared. Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-files/3dd60a25-4cce-44e5-b149-f9f33e2de76c
  6. I lost my files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I lost my files: Please help me; I called the support service, they installed windows 10 but then I lost all my information and documents; this is causing a disaster in my work computer. Please HELP me....
  7. Lost files,

Lost files,: Hi everyone, I too have lost all my files with WIN 10, I deleted an account, not mine a different account and it deleted every file on the pc, I did a system restore and some of the files returned but not the most important ones, I have been waiting on the phone now for TWO...
  8. lost files

lost files: I had to a factory reset as windows ten recovery would not work Did a HP factory restore but although said would keep files it didn't. No back up as in lock down not in office I have also had bit locker on the lap top can not find files Is a total loss???? I have...
  9. I lost my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I lost my files: All my files disappeared after Windows 10 update. Is it possible to save my information? It is really important for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-my-files/4ff03bcc-e952-4598-9344-2244d0cbb4a3
  10. Lost File

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost File: Hi, This is a request , I used to have a Zip file that contained shortcuts for windows 7/8 &10. The files were downloaded from the internet and when extracted in the form of a list or icons (as preference). I recently purchased a new pc and somehow failed to save said Zip...