Windows 10: my files are screwed

Discus and support my files are screwed in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i chose to try and open a file with a program and now it defaults to that and all files i download wont go to a compressed file at all so my file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Avixiis, Sep 4, 2022.

1. my files are screwed

i chose to try and open a file with a program and now it defaults to that and all files i download wont go to a compressed file at all so my file explorer said fuck you i guess it tries to open with 7 zip console and nothing else and i cant figure it out

submitted by /u/Avixiis
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Avixiis, Sep 4, 2022
  2. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Sep 4, 2022
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 4, 2022
  4. my files are screwed

Burning Files To cdr

I tried to drag a .txt file to the burn list, as suggested above, but it will not drop in. I get a message "+add to burn list" but I cannot get it to drop into the burn list. Is there another step I am missing?

CathleenBaker, Sep 4, 2022
Thema:

my files are screwed

1. my files are screwed - Similar Threads - files are screwed

2. Laptop is screwed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop is screwed: So I was compressing files to get some storage space and then an error popped up asking me to terminate something like "00000007.00" and I said ok then everything disappeared besides the taskbar and my background with the occasional error message asking the same thing, and it...
  3. I'm screwed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I'm screwed: While trying to get my controller to work I deleted a driver related to said controller since somewhere I read that could help. Nothing happened and I thought the driver would be reinstalled once I restart my pc. Instead when I got into the start I noticed My mouse and...
  4. Update screwed my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update screwed my computer: Hi. Sorry. Second time posting with new information. Anyone knows what this script error is? (https://logincdn.msauth.net/16.000/content/js/ConvergedLoginPagunatedStrings.en_q3Zchj5ehH5oFalnPzrOkQ2.js) Recently got my system up and running but this error pops up. Startup...
  5. 20H2 Screwed my System

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    20H2 Screwed my System: Short story: Could not update to 20H2, page fault BSOD on restart and it would roll back on me, couldn't do nov monthly either. Ran mem test, and windows memory diagnostic, in extended mode, and no issues with any type of blue screen during regular operation of my system....
  6. My PC is totally screwed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC is totally screwed: I can't connect to the internet, there is no sound, and I can't even do a system restore. I updated the BIOS to the latest version before these problems occured, so I updated it again back to the previous BIOS version, and the problems still persist. Something is missing but...
  7. update screwed my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update screwed my computer: just wondering how many peoples computers have been f'd off because of an update that apparently should not have been released. I personally think a class action suit against microsoft from everyone affected by this BS of the nth magnitude. Think that would wake up the...
  8. My Laptop is screwed

My Laptop is screwed: My laptop ever since installing Duet which is what i use, keeps telling me it couldn’t repair itself, I have tried everything and nothing works. It also gives me a (GSOD) Green screen of Death[IMG]...
  9. My Computer is Completely screwed

My Computer is Completely screwed: So I'm running Windows Pro on my PC. Yesterday the computer just shuts off randomly. Then it restarts and lets me log back in, but once I log in it restarts and does the same thing as before. That process then repeats several times until it goes into Automatic repair. Then...
  10. My system screws up RAW files

in Windows 10 Support
    My system screws up RAW files: I'm running Win 10 Pro X64, Anniversary Edition. Lately (starting before the Anniversary upgrade), RAW files often display with screwed-up colors and details. This happens (though not consistently) with .CR2 Canon and .ORF Olympus files, and with Adobe Photoshop Elements...