Windows 10: My files are stored on This PC\documents while my backup is storing c:\documents

Discus and support My files are stored on This PC\documents while my backup is storing c:\documents in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have storage of my data files in This PC\documents\documents and this is also being saved into one drive\documents. My C: drive is no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Spence25000, Mar 31, 2019.

1. My files are stored on This PC\documents while my backup is storing c:\documents

I have storage of my data files in This PC\documents\documents and this is also being saved into one drive\documents.

My C: drive is no longer storing files in the C:\documents and my backup software is only backing up the c:\documents files not my current data files.

Somehow, I need to point the backup at the This PC\documents files. What should I do?

:)

Spence25000, Mar 31, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Cheap automatic backup for My Documents

Then use the Robocopy command. Here is the bat file I use to backup my data:

Code: @ECHO. @ECHO Backing Up @ECHO. @robocopy C:\Users\Administrator\Documents C:\Backup\Documents /MIR /ZB >> log.txt @ECHO. @ECHO Success! @Pause[/quote] This will only backup files that are new or changed, so after the first backup, it is a lot quicker than recopying every file every time you backup. Also if you delete a file from your documents folder, say because you don't need it anymore, it will be removed from the backup location also.

newtekie1, Mar 31, 2019
  3. Cheap automatic backup for My Documents

[/quote]This will only backup files that are new or changed, so after the first backup, it is a lot quicker than recopying every file every time you backup. Click to expand... What is the advantage of robocopy over xcopy?

PVTCaboose1337, Mar 31, 2019
  4. My files are stored on This PC\documents while my backup is storing c:\documents

Corrupt Word Document Overnight?

This is a long shot but I know how Word loves to keep around backup files of documents that are open and sometimes it fails to delete them. Make sure you can view hidden files and check in the directory where the documents are stored for the automatic backup files. If they exist, they might not be corrupt.

Sorry, thats the best I can do. In all honestly you're probably SOL.

streetfighter 2, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

My files are stored on This PC\documents while my backup is storing c:\documents

1. My files are stored on This PC\documents while my backup is storing c:\documents - Similar Threads - files are stored

2. Where are my files stored that were stored on "This PC"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are my files stored that were stored on "This PC": Hello!My computer broke down and I cannot turn it on anymore. I was able to do a backup of my files from local disk drive [C], however I lost all the files that were saved under "This PC" ... They were also not stored in "ONE Drive". So I wonder where are they stored and how...
  3. Where are my files stored that were stored on "This PC"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are my files stored that were stored on "This PC": Hello!My computer broke down and I cannot turn it on anymore. I was able to do a backup of my files from local disk drive [C], however I lost all the files that were saved under "This PC" ... They were also not stored in "ONE Drive". So I wonder where are they stored and how...
  4. Where are my files stored that were stored on "This PC"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Is there any way to Backup and Restore my Microsoft Store games ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to Backup and Restore my Microsoft Store games ?: So, last night i had to reinstall my OS, unfortunately i completely forgot about my Games that i downloaded from Microsoft Store. One of them was Forza Horizon 5 which was 100+GB in size and because of that, now i need to download that big game again from 0% which is sucks...
  6. Is there any way to Backup and Restore my Microsoft Store games ?

Is there any way to Backup and Restore my Microsoft Store games ?: So, last night i had to reinstall my OS, unfortunately i completely forgot about my Games that i downloaded from Microsoft Store. One of them was Forza Horizon 5 which was 100+GB in size and because of that, now i need to download that big game again from 0% which is sucks...
  7. Can i store personal files along with backup?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can i store personal files along with backup?: I have an external HDD where i have my taken my windows backup. But, in a different directory I have stored my personal files. Will that be a problem? I haven't created any partitions in the external hard drive....
  8. Microsoft 365 and Microsoft store and C drive and files on my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft 365 and Microsoft store and C drive and files on my computer: I seen an option for Microsoft 365 and I clicked on it I got it I got everything I said scription or whatever everything and then my computer install it and what not and now I had to do a system restore because it has messed up my Microsoft Store it messed up my C drive it...
  9. Microsoft Store Backups

Microsoft Store Backups: Look I hate to sound like an angry customer but the Microsoft Store is probably the worst platform for gaming I've ever come across. I have pretty much the worst internet you can have so downloading 50GB is a no go for me, luckily I have a friend near me that I can drive to...
  10. Storing my documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storing my documents: When I begin the day all files and folders are in This PC and Quick Access. After working on an open file and selecting "SaveAs", the list comes up to This PC and some folders are missing. They all can be found at C;\Users\jmgre\Documents. In checking properties of...