Windows 10: My Files & Browser History and other applications installed are removed during restart...

Discus and support My Files & Browser History and other applications installed are removed during restart... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Every time when I restart my laptop, all my files history that I have opened & pinned earlier, browser history, file location mapping in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ParamaguruRamasamy, Aug 10, 2020.

1. My Files & Browser History and other applications installed are removed during restart...

Hello,

Every time when I restart my laptop, all my files history that I have opened & pinned earlier, browser history, file location mapping in explorer window and other important application that I had installed earlier, are removed. This happens every time I restart my windows.

This particular issue was initiated only after my MS Office updates installation and EDGE browser updation during last week.

Can you support to solve this problem.

:)

ParamaguruRamasamy, Aug 10, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

File History restart

Hi Jim,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

To change the backup drive for File History, the current process should be stopped. I suggest you to try the steps listed below to stop file history on an older drive and restart it on a new drive:

Change File History backup drive:

• Open Settings and navigate to Update & Security > Backup.
    • Click on More Options, scroll down to locate
      Backup to a different drive section, and choose Stop Using Drive.
    • Plug in the new storage drive, navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Backup,
      and choose Add a Drive.
    • Restart File History and configure it by referring to the article

File History in Windows

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Aug 10, 2020
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    removal of favorites

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• Are you referring to Microsoft Edge Browser/internet Explorer favorite?
    The favorite that you are referring is Edge or Internet Explorer browser, I would suggest to clear cookies and history or right-click on the list which you want to remove by selecting delete.

Follow the steps on how to clear cookies.

To view your browsing history, select Hub >
    History. To delete it, select Clear all history, choose the types of data or files that you want to remove from your PC, then select
    Clear.

Note: applicable to Edge browser.

For internet Explorer follow the steps below.

• Open Internet Explorer, Click on the favorite menu.

• Choose “Organize favorite”, click on favorite you wish to delete.

• Click on delete which can found below.
    Get back to us with result and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Aug 10, 2020
  4. ALN
    ALN Win User

My Files & Browser History and other applications installed are removed during restart...

How to remove folders from File History

That does not work. Even though I do the delete from the "Back up these folders" from the list, it still backs it up - and when I close out of Settings and then go back in, the folder re-appears in the list.

However, Mila's suggestion worked. Is it possible that folders in my Library cannot be removed from the "Back up these folders" list?

Thema:

My Files & Browser History and other applications installed are removed during restart...

1. My Files & Browser History and other applications installed are removed during restart... - Similar Threads - Files Browser History

2. File History - removal of deleted files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History - removal of deleted files: In the "Delete older versions of files and folders" dialog which I'm not able to insert, despite saving the image as a file the prompt says that:"All other files and folders, such as versions that were excluded or removed from your libraries, are also deleted."What does this...
  3. File History - removal of deleted files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History - removal of deleted files: In the "Delete older versions of files and folders" dialog which I'm not able to insert, despite saving the image as a file the prompt says that:"All other files and folders, such as versions that were excluded or removed from your libraries, are also deleted."What does this...
  4. File/application history

in Windows 10 Customization
    File/application history: Hi, is it possible to find what applications were used at a specific time on your computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fileapplication-history/3a638afb-c1bc-4cdf-925c-9ccd4ee82185
  5. Clearing my browser history on privacy doesn't remove it on activity history

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Clearing my browser history on privacy doesn't remove it on activity history: Can this be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clearing-my-browser-history-on-privacy-doesnt/4972af84-0e69-4059-bc26-6bc4934404dd
  6. Windows 10 - My browser and file history activity is appearing on laptop of other family member

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 - My browser and file history activity is appearing on laptop of other family member: The browsing and file access activity history from my Windows 10 laptop appears in my son's Windows 10 laptop. This is visible when he uses the Windows key + Tab option to view additional desktops. My activity is mixed in with his. He can see file names and the file type...
  7. File History restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History restart: Although its working fine now, I fear that the external drive I'm using for File History may fail someday. I've currently been using the same drive for over two years and have 306GB in its FileHistory folder. To be cautious, I'd like to restart the File History process on a...
  8. Browser History...

in Browsers and Email
    Browser History...: I noticed that the Registry Key... HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wek yb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage ...seems to keep a complete record of every site...
  9. browser history

in Browsers and Email
    browser history: Hi, I have a problem with browser history not showing in Edge, IE11 and Crome, I use Google as search machine in Edge. Only way I can see earlier seaches is by typing the coresponding letter. I don`t know when this occurred, I probably have set something wrong in settings,...
  10. File History to be removed?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History to be removed?: I've done a quick search on the forum and can't find any reference to this topic. I used File History today and discovered that there were no entries beyond 5 November, which happens to be the day that I was upgraded to the Fall Creators update. A bit of googling revealed...