Windows 10: My files disappeared after update

Discus and support My files disappeared after update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Please, help me with the following problem. A month ago after the update my files disappeared and I cannot find them. I contacted Microsoft but they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RishithAnand, Nov 24, 2018.

1. My files disappeared after update

Please, help me with the following problem. A month ago after the update my files disappeared and I cannot find them. I contacted Microsoft but they have only one option to fix this problem, that is to take pictures of my system. I don’t want to allow them to take the pictures. Can you help me without taking pictures?

:)

RishithAnand, Nov 24, 2018

2. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Pech_096 Win User
    The option converting m4a files to wma files in windows 10 is disappeared

• What app are you using to convert the files?
    I don't use any app to convert the files. I just copy the m4a files from my music folder. Then I paste the m4a files in my android phone drive that connected to my laptop. Then a windows pop-up that shows the option converting m4a files to wma files appears.
    You can see the windows pop-up in below picture. Now the windows pop-up is disappeared.

My files disappeared after update b4c1c11b-71d2-4bbb-a1ed-65ca65cf6f71.jpg

This picture was taken a screenshot from the video

• When did the issue start to happen?
    I found this problem last week. However, I didn't convert m4a files to wma files since May, 2017.

• Were there any changes made to your device prior to the issue?
    I updated windows several times prior to the issue.

• Have you done any troubleshooting steps so far?
    I haven't done any troubleshooting steps.

Pech_096, Nov 24, 2018
  4. My files disappeared after update

Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

I tried the Ctrl-Alt-Del and found Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I didn't choose Restart; I killed the process. (didn't read the instructions well enough!) :-/ ... I did eventually find a way to Restart Windows Explorer, but the problem (disappearing Task bar not disappearing/reappearing as it should/used to) did not solve itself. I then RESTARTED the PC. Still not fixed.

So, I found another answer from microsoft and followed those steps. It worked! (needed the display driver updated.)

Here's that set of instructions:

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset and display drivers for your computer and install the same.

paisanoglen, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

My files disappeared after update

1. My files disappeared after update - Similar Threads - files disappeared update

2. File Directory Columns disappearing after latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Directory Columns disappearing after latest update: The latest Windows update has turned the usual easy business of manually resizing file directory columns into a nightmare. Now if I resize a column manually with my mouse, it covers up the columns to the right. This apparently has something to do with the fact that Windows...
  3. File Directory Columns disappearing after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Directory Columns disappearing after latest update: The latest Windows update has turned the usual easy business of manually resizing file directory columns into a nightmare. Now if I resize a column manually with my mouse, it covers up the columns to the right. This apparently has something to do with the fact that Windows...
  4. File Directory Columns disappearing after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My desktop files disappeared after windows10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My desktop files disappeared after windows10 update: Hello My desktop files disappeared after windows 10 update. I also, lost my thunderbirds email account setting, as well as most of the shortcuts on the desktop. Fortunately I found my desktop files at the user count folder in drive C. I started over and setup my email on the...
  6. Registry files and dll files are disappearing after update 2004.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry files and dll files are disappearing after update 2004.: In september, after I updated my PC to version 2004, I've got multiple errors about files dissapearing, such as DLL files. After some time, I saw that wauserv was missing too and I couldn't do any update getting the error 0x80070424. What is the cause and how I can solve this...
  7. My files disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My files disappeared: I am attempting to moves files from my desktop to my laptop using a 64gb usb drive. I had the files on the stick and then moved them to two file folders and that's when they disappeared. It now shows both file folders as empty but when I look at the properties there is about...
  8. Many files disappeared after Windows update

Many files disappeared after Windows update: After windows update I couldn't log in into my windows account, and access the desktop, but after restarting device I was logged in to a blank windows account. After that I found my old files and just moved them over to the new windows log in, not knowing it was "temporary...
  9. After download the file disappears?

After download the file disappears?: Hello I'm downloading a program I've used before. Since I have a new ssd it does not work anymore. After download I open the folder via winrar. Unzip everything into one folder. After that the program disappears. I have also tried it by deactivating my antivirus program....
  10. After computer update, program files disappeared.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After computer update, program files disappeared.: My computer automatically updated a couple of days ago. However, my program files are not in my C drive? How can I locate them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-computer-update-program-files-disappeared/7dd22f06-a155-43f2-bc91-5c080609e461"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. files disappeared after windows 8 update