Windows 10: My files disappeared from my Desktop, is there any logs to traceback what happened to them?

Discus and support My files disappeared from my Desktop, is there any logs to traceback what happened to them? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I opened my computer and all the files were disappeared from my desktop. I searched everywhere with Microsoft Explorer. I also used recuva program to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shukurillo Makhammadjonov, May 22, 2023.

1. My files disappeared from my Desktop, is there any logs to traceback what happened to them?

I opened my computer and all the files were disappeared from my desktop. I searched everywhere with Microsoft Explorer. I also used recuva program to check if the files were deleted, but the program showed only old files that I don't need. I checked my USB stick too in case it somehow files were moved to the stick, but the stick was empty. So, is there any way to open logs history to investigate the files disappearance? Thank You in advance.

:)

Shukurillo Makhammadjonov, May 22, 2023

2. My files disappeared from my Desktop, is there any logs to traceback what happened to them?

I opened my computer and all the files were disappeared from my desktop. I searched everywhere with Microsoft Explorer. I also used recuva program to check if the files were deleted, but the program showed only old files that I don't need. I checked my USB stick too in case it somehow files were moved to the stick, but the stick was empty. So, is there any way to open logs history to investigate the files disappearance? Thank You in advance.

Shukurillo Makhammadjonov, May 22, 2023
  3. Tatty_One Win User
    Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, May 22, 2023
  4. Neox99 Win User

My files disappeared from my Desktop, is there any logs to traceback what happened to them?

Files disappearing from desktop

Saving files to my desktop causes them to disappear.

My desktop is clear save for the Recycle Bin - and NO the file is not hiding behind it.

File Viewer shows a file ON the desktop but it's nowhere to be found - viewport is completely blank.

Any suggestions?

Neox99, May 22, 2023
Thema:

My files disappeared from my Desktop, is there any logs to traceback what happened to them?

1. My files disappeared from my Desktop, is there any logs to traceback what happened to them? - Similar Threads - files disappeared Desktop

2. What is happening to the icons on my desktop and my file explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is happening to the icons on my desktop and my file explorer?: After personalizing my Desktop wallpaper from picture to slideshow, the icons from not only my desktop but also my file explorer on this account have disappeared — nothing on the left navigation/panel is displaying where normally Documents, Downloads, Desktop, Quick Access...
  3. What is happening to the icons on my desktop and my file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is happening to the icons on my desktop and my file explorer?: After personalizing my Desktop wallpaper from picture to slideshow, the icons from not only my desktop but also my file explorer on this account have disappeared — nothing on the left navigation/panel is displaying where normally Documents, Downloads, Desktop, Quick Access...
  4. My files disappeared from my Desktop, is there any logs to traceback what happened to them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My files disappeared from my Desktop, is there any logs to traceback what happened to them?: I opened my computer and all the files were disappeared from my desktop. I searched everywhere with Microsoft Explorer. I also used recuva program to check if the files were deleted, but the program showed only old files that I don't need. I checked my USB stick too in case...
  5. My files disappeared from my Desktop, is there any logs to traceback what happened to them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My files disappeared from my Desktop, is there any logs to traceback what happened to them?: I opened my computer and all the files were disappeared from my desktop. I searched everywhere with Microsoft Explorer. I also used recuva program to check if the files were deleted, but the program showed only old files that I don't need. I checked my USB stick too in case...
  6. what happened to my desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    what happened to my desktop?: In the bottom right hand corner of the computer screen, there is a notification icon. CLICK on it and TURN OFF Tablet Mode and the Desktop will magically appear. this also seemed to get rid of the error 0x80004005 for windows 10. hope this helps...
  7. my files from the desktop disappeared

my files from the desktop disappeared: It was just last night when I updated my laptop to windows 10, then the next morning, all of the files that were on the desktop vanished. The background resets on its default background which is a blue windows. Please help me....
  8. what happened to my aps on desktop. they disappeared when windows updated my laptop

what happened to my aps on desktop. they disappeared when windows updated my laptop: where have my icons gone {pfd,adobe.adobe reader etc.} https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-my-aps-on-desktop-they/00e8a5da-9ab6-4d3a-86f7-2f9041a9528a
  9. What happened to my desktop?

What happened to my desktop?: I don't like tiles. I want my desktop to look like the old traditional Windows 7, NT, etc with icons that I arrange. Is that possible in Windows 10?...
  10. My desktop suddenly disappeared. What happened and how to recover?

in Windows 10 Support
    My desktop suddenly disappeared. What happened and how to recover?: My personalized desktop suddenly disappeared a few days ago. I was doing nothing unusual when it changed to a format I am totally unfamiliar with. All of my icons are gone except for my icons in the taskbar. This changed desktop is very strange. As you might have detected, I...