Windows 10: My files randomly reverted back to an earlier state on a shared school computer, and I can...

Discus and support My files randomly reverted back to an earlier state on a shared school computer, and I can... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am on a shared school computer working on Photoshop assignments. I have a well-organized filesystem. I have been working for the last two hours on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JesseSaranow, Nov 9, 2021.

1. My files randomly reverted back to an earlier state on a shared school computer, and I can...

I am on a shared school computer working on Photoshop assignments. I have a well-organized filesystem. I have been working for the last two hours on finishing this assignment and saving every file in two formats. As I was about to embed them all into a single document, it gave me the error "file cannot be located". I checked the filesystem I had created for this project and all of my files were gone - rather, it appears that the folder has arbitrarily reverted back to when I created it. I know this because I see an extracted file that I had put in the recycle bin before.I have no clue what hap

:)

JesseSaranow, Nov 9, 2021
  2. Guitar Win User

Steam Game Sharing?

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/19/rumor-steam-beta-update-file-suggests-game-sharing-is-coming/

This sounds pretty awesome, if true. There are a lot of old games I don't play that I'd be willing to share with friends, and there are some that I'd want to play but not sure about actually buying as well.

Guitar, Nov 9, 2021
  3. SHARING FILES WITH WINDOWS 7

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you made any changes on your PC?
    • Did you perform any Windows update recently?
    • Are you connected to Domain network?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if that helps.

1. To share files over file explorer refer the following

article
    2. Refer article for
      file sharing
      over a network.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Nov 9, 2021
  4. rss81 Win User

My files randomly reverted back to an earlier state on a shared school computer, and I can...

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Nov 9, 2021
Thema:

My files randomly reverted back to an earlier state on a shared school computer, and I can...

1. My files randomly reverted back to an earlier state on a shared school computer, and I can... - Similar Threads - files randomly reverted

2. How can I revert back to Windows 10 when my computer is in this state?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I revert back to Windows 10 when my computer is in this state?: When I turn on the computer after I installed Windows 11, my taskbar no longer has any icons, no search, no icons or time or anything. So I used the shortcut function to open settings, but it crashes on startup, so I cannot open settings to revert my version. I have tried...
  3. How can I revert back to Windows 10 when my computer is in this state?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I revert back to Windows 10 when my computer is in this state?: When I turn on the computer after I installed Windows 11, my taskbar no longer has any icons, no search, no icons or time or anything. So I used the shortcut function to open settings, but it crashes on startup, so I cannot open settings to revert my version. I have tried...
  4. My files randomly reverted back to an earlier state on a shared school computer, and I can...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My files randomly reverted back to an earlier state on a shared school computer, and I can...: I am on a shared school computer working on Photoshop assignments. I have a well-organized filesystem. I have been working for the last two hours on finishing this assignment and saving every file in two formats. As I was about to embed them all into a single document, it...
  5. My files randomly reverted back to an earlier state on a shared school computer, and I can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My files randomly reverted back to an earlier state on a shared school computer, and I can...: I am on a shared school computer working on Photoshop assignments. I have a well-organized filesystem. I have been working for the last two hours on finishing this assignment and saving every file in two formats. As I was about to embed them all into a single document, it...
  6. Revert to earlier version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Revert to earlier version: I did a clean install of 20h2 with a Win 10 flash dirve that I purchased. After numerous issues black screen, blue screen, freezes I figured out that the new Win 10 20H2 does not like my EVGA nVidia GTX 1060 6Gb graphics card. It actually hates it. If I install the card, the...
  7. Is there a way to get my PC back to a earlier state?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to get my PC back to a earlier state?: So I reset my whole PC and I regret it. Is there anyway to basically undo the whole reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-get-my-pc-back-to-a-earlier/dc05a047-55e7-4727-9f54-ae8e0fca0b54
  8. Reverting to an earlier version?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reverting to an earlier version?: Hello, I just (last night) "upgraded" win 7 64bit to win 10. Seeing that the 1903 version is already out, it is what it loaded. Problem is, it is already causing conflicts with some programs. I need to be on the 1803/09 version. If i try to revert to previous versions,...
  9. Can I revert back?

Can I revert back?: Hi. I recently had my Windows 10 Education install destroyed by some malware. after Malwarebytes asked me to reboot, I did as followed, and I was prompted wit the message: "Operating system not found." Seeing nothing else to do, I installed Windows 10 home. The contents were...
  10. How do I revert back to an earlier Windows version

How do I revert back to an earlier Windows version: Since the upgrade to Windows 10 I have had continuous problems. Windows Live mail will barely function at all - just freezes every time I try to open it. IE 11 continually shows script errors despite disabling script debugging and I cannot print anything from the internet...