Windows 10: My files type on drive D all has been change to .HRM

Discus and support My files type on drive D all has been change to .HRM in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My drive D files type has been change to .HRM and there is a html page asking for money to restore my file to normal how can i recover my files?!... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ehsan Dilawar, Jun 13, 2019.

1. My files type on drive D all has been change to .HRM

My drive D files type has been change to .HRM and there is a html page asking for money to restore my file to normal how can i recover my files?!

please somebody help

* Moved from Windows 7/Security

:)

Ehsan Dilawar, Jun 13, 2019

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Partition Change Drive letter of Healthy Recovery from D to F

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Do you have any files in D drive?
    • Is it a recovery drive which you are trying to change the letter?
    • Are you getting any error message when you try to change the drive letter?
    Please post us back with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 13, 2019
  4. My files type on drive D all has been change to .HRM

windows 10 internal drive d how to take back ownership of the hardrive?

Hi Steve,

To help you with your concern regarding the internal hard drive, let me suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Right-click on the Drive D:
    • Select Properties
    • Click Security tab then select Advanced
    • Select Change after the Owner: line

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

My files type on drive D all has been change to .HRM

1. My files type on drive D all has been change to .HRM - Similar Threads - files type drive

2. My windows 10 PC has been hacked and all the permisiions have been changed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My windows 10 PC has been hacked and all the permisiions have been changed: My pc has been hacked, I believe this was done remotely several months ago. The hacker/hackers telephoned my house and said they were with talk talk and needed to install security software, I followed their instructions and downloaded a programme which game them control over...
  3. Windows (C:) drive has OS but (D:) drive has nothing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows (C:) drive has OS but (D:) drive has nothing: I just reset my PC because it was getting sluggish and once it was all reset i noticed that the C drive has all of the files like 'Program files (x86)' and 'Users' and my D drive has nothing at all. My main problem is that i cant easily just download and install programs onto...
  4. D Drive has the terabyte, not C Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D Drive has the terabyte, not C Drive: I bought a laptop for gaming that is supposed to have a Terabyte HDD a few months back. I trusted that it was actually what it said since the reviews were good. I decided to see how much disk space I have left and when I checked... the D Drive was the terabyte and my C Drive...
  5. Changing Default drive to D

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing Default drive to D: I am trying to get a game loaded from CD and it does not give me the option to load it to D drive. How can I make sure any CD games etc will automatically load to D Drive? Is there a setting somewhere?...
  6. Change "D" drive to "C" drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change "D" drive to "C" drive.: How do I copy all files on my "C" drive onto my current "D" drive (including bootup files and Windows 10), then change my "D" drive to "C" drive and my my old "C" drive to "D" drive?...
  7. has my 64bit os not been using all my RAM??

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    has my 64bit os not been using all my RAM??: I have a 32bit cpu core 2 duo e7500 2.93Ghz, but in windows 10 32bit I couldn't use over 4GB of RAM. so I did what anyone would do and downloaded windows 10 64bit! For months I have been enjoying games and the new experience with 6 GB of usable RAM, or so I thought! I read...
  8. change file type

in Windows 10 Support
    change file type: I was looking through a file within the file called" Windows8 OS". The file was called "Microsoft.SqlServer.Compact.400.32" and it was a "LFL" file type. In trying to open it I inadvertently changed it to a "BC" file type. Question, how do I change it back to it's...
  9. copied file has no file type

in Windows 10 Support
    copied file has no file type: Hello can someone tell me how to add the file type to a file? I copied 2 video files from my samsung galaxy onto my dell PC but when I open properties beside file type it just says file instead of mp4 which I know they are because I made the videos. Im assuming the solution...
  10. What has taken my space on D Drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    What has taken my space on D Drive?: Hello, My desktop has C & D partions. My question is related to D partion. In disk management I can see 'D' has 465GB. When I go to Explorer and right click properties I can see; Used space 22GB Free space 443GB Total 465GB But in 'D' all I have are some folders...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is dummydir

2. dummydir file appeared on drive