Windows 10: My files were deleted after repairing corrupt files

Discus and support My files were deleted after repairing corrupt files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Awhile ago, a couple folders on my flash drive were corrupted after I unplugged it from a Chromebook without ejecting it. At the time I did not know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Microsoft User_504, Apr 18, 2021.

1. My files were deleted after repairing corrupt files

Awhile ago, a couple folders on my flash drive were corrupted after I unplugged it from a Chromebook without ejecting it. At the time I did not know removing flash drives without ejecting could corrupt data. Most of the files were not damaged too badly, like ones having random names, glitchy audio, and video that played longer than the duration of the video. I wanted my files to not remain damaged like they are, so I used the 'repair drive' option in file explorer. When it was done, 2 of my folders full of images and video were reduced to 16 kb files with the name of the folder, and no file extension. This is what one of them looks like in notepad:

My files were deleted after repairing corrupt files a8d0cd4b-cb06-41ca-a30b-dfe8c4ba2a44?upload=true.png

I have also used a file recovery program In this case, Recuva only to find files I have deleted on my own, not what windows repair drive deleted. Any possible solutions would be great, these were important files.

:)

Microsoft User_504, Apr 18, 2021

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Apr 18, 2021
  3. mroofie Win User
    Corrupted file RAR

as far as I know you can try the repair option but usually that never works and that's why it might be impossible to get the files back :/

Who owns those rar files ?

mroofie, Apr 18, 2021
  4. My files were deleted after repairing corrupt files

Corrupted file RAR

Never had a successful repair on a corrupted rar file especially if it was torrent or p2p

dorsetknob, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

My files were deleted after repairing corrupt files

1. My files were deleted after repairing corrupt files - Similar Threads - files were deleted

2. Corrupt files that were unable to be fixed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt files that were unable to be fixed: My PC is Windows 10 and I'm not sure if the recent update broke it or the storm last night but it was powered off when I woke up and I had put it to sleep. I tried SFC and DISM /restorehealth and they couldn't repair the files so I have both CBS and DISM logs. "Windows...
  3. Corrupt files that were unable to be fixed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupt files that were unable to be fixed: My PC is Windows 10 and I'm not sure if the recent update broke it or the storm last night but it was powered off when I woke up and I had put it to sleep. I tried SFC and DISM /restorehealth and they couldn't repair the files so I have both CBS and DISM logs. "Windows...
  4. Corrupt files that were unable to be fixed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Corrupt files not repaired by DISM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Corrupt files not repaired by DISM: Hi,I have used DISM to check health of my system, Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Installed on ‎02-‎Sep-‎20 OS build 19043.1288 It reports some files corrupt but can be repaired, scannow reports the same. But attempts to use DISM to repair files fails using either online repair...
  6. All my files were deleted after uninstalling a program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All my files were deleted after uninstalling a program: So I had this program called BleachBit and I uninstalled it using an uninstaller called IObit Uninstaller. After I uninstalled the program, everything else from my system was also deleted. The wallpaper on my desktop turned black as if the wallpaper was deleted, the files on...
  7. Deleting corrupted files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting corrupted files: I have a USB drive stick which has somehow got some corrupted folders - see below screens shot. I have no idea how these folders arose, and am trying to delete them. when I try to delete them in MS dos it fails, saying the syntax is wrong - even though it delete the...
  8. All of my files were deleted...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All of my files were deleted...: I fired up my laptop this morning and every file had been moved to the recycle bin. Some files I had already permanently deleted were restored and several files, despite appearing available in my recycle bin, indicate that they no longer exist. Does anyone have some insight...
  9. ALL FILES WERE CORRUPTED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ALL FILES WERE CORRUPTED: FIRST OF ALL, I FORMATTED MY DISK DRIVES, AND I TRIED TO RECOVER THEM BY REMO RECOVER SOFTWARE. I GOT ALL MY FILES BACK.. BUT EVERYTHING WAS CORRUPTED... I EVEN CANT OPEN EXE FILES. IT SAYS " THIS APP CANT RUN ON YOUR PC" IS THERE ANY WAY OF RECOVERING MY CORRUPTED...
  10. repairing corrupt files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    repairing corrupt files: After running sfc /scannow on my windows 10 installation I have been advised tthat there are corrupt files. I have viewed the log and would like to know what these messages mean. " 000010fd Warning - Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory...