Windows 10: My filing system (or lack thereof)

Discus and support My filing system (or lack thereof) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In accepting the challenge that is self-learning today's most highly coveted skills (code, GiT, you get it), I managed to get a bit caught up in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by OUDcollective, Oct 15, 2019.

1. My filing system (or lack thereof)

In accepting the challenge that is self-learning today's most highly coveted skills (code, GiT, you get it), I managed to get a bit caught up in the learning and let my file system become a complete disaster. Then after a couple accidental and unknown folder moves in the cloud, happened to duplicate a ton of images/documents/etc.

I don't know if this common, but I totally understand the repository/GitHub framework now thanks to this kerfuffle.

Is there a recommended program or tooltip, or cheatsheet how to unravel my mess. One Drive restore only further complicated and disarrayed things and I officially have a bad taste in my mouth for the One Drive environment, which led me back to Google, the Drive, GCP, and a Google for Startups acceptance (no clue how).

Anywho, all tips, tricks, and best practices would be most appreciated.

Thanks and should anyone have any other self-work best practices for getting a grip on all things Twenty Twenty/Microsoft Certifications Best pathway to partnership, we welcome that with open arms as well. My filing system (or lack thereof) 1fbd0864-e96d-4dd2-9f65-d328084a4fec?upload=true.png

:)

OUDcollective, Oct 15, 2019

2. Hibernation and the Lack Thereof

Hi,

The hiberfil.sys takes too much of space on your hard drive if the hibernation is on. However, it's odd that even trying to turn the hibernation off using the command prompt, goes to no avail. We suggest that you turn off the Power management in Services
    before deleting the file in the drive C. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Press the Windows icon + R on your keyboard.
    • Type in Services.msc.
    • Look for Power.
    • Right-click on it, then select Stop.
    • Close the Dialog box, launch command prompt with admin rights.
    • Type in powercfg -h off
    • Close the command prompt, then try to delete the hiberfil.sys again.
    If you think this was useful, feel free to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Carlos Tin, Oct 15, 2019
  3. Hibernation and the Lack Thereof

We appreciate your response. Yes, "powercfg -h off"is the right command. Last option that we can do is to modify the
    Windows Registry, wherein you need to change the value of "Hibernate". However, you have to be very careful to avoid serious problems that might occur if it's modified incorrectly. It's also the reason why we always advise to create a back
    up of the Windows Registry before modifying it. If you want to proceed, you'll find the steps on how to create a back up of the registry in this
    link. Follow the steps below to turn off the Hibernate in the
    Windows Registry.

• Search for regedit in the Windows menu.
    • Click Yes if prompted by User Account Control (UAC)
    • In the Windows Registry Editor, navigate to this location.

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power"
    • In the right pane of the Power key, click on HibenateEnabled, then change the value to "0".
    • Close the regedit, and restart to your computer to apply the changes.

Note: Make sure that you Create
    a back up of the Windows Registry by following the steps on the link provided above before modifying it.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Oct 15, 2019
  4. My filing system (or lack thereof)

file system error -1073545193

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that you are encountering the error message when you are trying to access any media file in the CD/DVD Drive of your computer.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

My filing system (or lack thereof)

1. My filing system (or lack thereof) - Similar Threads - filing system lack

2. Is the Password or hash thereof saved at domain join?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the Password or hash thereof saved at domain join?: Hi everyoneMy Question is: Is the username and/or password saved when performing a domain join?At the company I word at, only domain admin accounts can join a device into our domain. Now we do have some security concerns if the used password, or the hash of that password is...
  3. Who do I complain to about Microsoft’s support or lack thereof?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Who do I complain to about Microsoft’s support or lack thereof?: I’ve opened 3 tickets over a four hour period because not one has done anything. One took thirty minutes to get to some one that said I need to be transferred to someone higher which then I waited and got disconnected. The next one took two and a half hours and did the same...
  4. Who do I complain to about Microsoft’s support or lack thereof?

Who do I complain to about Microsoft’s support or lack thereof?: I’ve opened 3 tickets over a four hour period because not one has done anything. One took thirty minutes to get to some one that said I need to be transferred to someone higher which then I waited and got disconnected. The next one took two and a half hours and did the same...
  5. Who do I complain to about Microsoft’s support or lack thereof?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Macrium Reflect - understanding thereof

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect - understanding thereof: build 1919 ver. 18363.752 Cards on the table/Admission time .. I have never been imaging fan, partly because of lack of unbderstanding (laziness ?) and partly because previous attempts have failed miserably. I've always had plentyt of time on my hands so clean (re)installs...
  7. Netflix, Spotify and iTunes or lack thereof!

Netflix, Spotify and iTunes or lack thereof!: I bought a new laptop yesterday with Windows 10 on and have had at least 5 failed attempts to download Netflix, Spotify and iTunes. I have run the fix that was suggested on the 12th January but it still isn't working. Can you please help me with this as I am now starting...
  8. Where did you go Microsoft support, and is the lack thereof just another "bug" to endure?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Where did you go Microsoft support, and is the lack thereof just another "bug" to endure?: I talked to three separate people and not a single one could help me. The 1st guy ended up deleting some of my files as he said would not happen. The 2nd lady created a new user for nothing because she disconnected two seconds after she created it with no form of explanation,...
  9. Export-Startlayout cmdlet lacks [-As BIN|XML] parameter on my system

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Export-Startlayout cmdlet lacks [-As BIN|XML] parameter on my system: Hi! I'm trying to export start menu to bin file but Export-StartLayout -Path "C:\Marketing.bin" -As BIN says: Code: Export-StartLayout : A parameter cannot be found that matches parameter name 'As'.AT line:1 char:45 + Export-StartLayout -Path "C:\Marketing.BIN" -As BIN +...
  10. lack permissions to my documents

in Windows 10 Support
    lack permissions to my documents: I get a message "you don't currently have permission to access this folder", when I try to open my documents folder, which is located in the default location in my user account on the C drive. hmmm. I can click on the error message and gain temporary access, but after the...