Windows 10: My Finger Scanner is not working

Discus and support My Finger Scanner is not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Model: HP Pavilion dv6 6b76sx Serial 2CE14709RD The Finger Scanner was working well when I had windows 7 Home. After the upgrade to Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AdeebMustafa, Sep 8, 2018.

1. My Finger Scanner is not working

Hi,

Model: HP Pavilion dv6 6b76sx
    Serial 2CE14709RD

The Finger Scanner was working well when I had windows 7 Home.

After the upgrade to Windows 10 Home, Finger Scanner is not working at all.

I tried the drivers from " HP Drivers website" after providing my serial number, but still no luck.

Tried hello, did not work,

tried HP Pass, did not work, but the light near to the scanner was blinking, but system was not able to pick up my biometric. tried for hours.

tried many ways which was available online.

tried installing Microsoft . net framework latest, did not work

tried going to Device Manager, and updating the driver, it showed the driver is up to date

tried uninstalling and re installing from Device Manager still no luck.

the biometric was of great help to me.

:)

AdeebMustafa, Sep 8, 2018

2. Windows Hello - Finger Print scanner

Hi Nalintha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I understand that finger scanner is not working after upgrading to Windows 10.

This may occur due to outdated or incompatible drivers. Let's try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the hardware device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key and type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Update the finger scanner drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices.
    • Right click on your finger scanner device.
    • Click on Update Driver Software
      and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Hope this helps you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Sep 8, 2018
  4. ARichard Win User

My Finger Scanner is not working

Epson 1200 scanner now working! Very pleased.

Worked perfectly,
    • Installed 2400 series driver (when it asked what model I had I also picked, 1270 and 4180 since these had the Slide scanner interface I thought it might add a few extra drivers)
    • Restarted PC
    • Needed to use Device manager 'Updated driver'
    • Assign 2400 driver. (See attached image)
    • Be sure scanner is powered on so it appears in device manager.

Tested the Slide scanner attachment, I used PRO mode and it was discovered.
    I had to use the plastic blackout slide holder (for masking the slide) to find the slide though.

My Finger Scanner is not working [​IMG]

Hope this helps others, Thanks again for the step by step! *Smile

ARichard, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

My Finger Scanner is not working

1. My Finger Scanner is not working - Similar Threads - Finger Scanner working

2. finger scanner not working on hp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    finger scanner not working on hp: it says its not compatible. with the windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finger-scanner-not-working-on-hp/a752b39e-fb12-4fee-a854-c840ac052ab0
  3. finger scanner not working on hp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    finger scanner not working on hp: it says its not compatible. with the windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finger-scanner-not-working-on-hp/a752b39e-fb12-4fee-a854-c840ac052ab0
  4. finger print scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    finger print scanner: my finger print scanner is not working.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finger-print-scanner/1309cb00-d749-41c7-a5e1-826baf6f0826
  5. finger print scanner

finger print scanner: I bought my brand new Microsoft surface go laptop 3 months ago, it has been working perfectly fine I love the laptop. but in the past couple of days, my fingerprint scanner is not working, it says this laptop doesn't support it and some features are unavailable because of...
  6. finger scanner not working

finger scanner not working: When I bought my HP envy laptop, it came with a sign-in option of a fingerprint scanner. For a while, every time I updated my computer it would change as to whether I was able to use this function or not. Now, it just doesn't work. When I go into settings, it says that my...
  7. Finger Print scanner not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Finger Print scanner not working: We just bought a new laptop Asus Vivobook M409DJ FT071T last august 8 and I set up the fingerprint scanner and it works, but now I can't use the fingerprint scanner and the other sign in options. I don't know if this is normal or bug since it is just new... any help is...
  8. My finger scanner on my Lennovo think pad is not working

My finger scanner on my Lennovo think pad is not working: When I go to sign in options to set it back up, cause it was previously working, it says "this option is currently unavailable we couldn't find a finger print scanner compatible with hello windows"...
  9. finger print scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    finger print scanner: finger print scanner on my hp laptop stopped working after 2019-08 update to 1903 KB4512508. suggestions please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finger-print-scanner/bcc1e803-82b8-43a1-94d2-555fde30587a
  10. Finger scanner problem

Finger scanner problem: Hi, my finger scanner has a problem. Even though the hardware is working fine, I receive a message saying there is a problem. At first I thought the problem was my installed fingerprint, so I tried to install a new one. However, trying to do this gets me the same message. It...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp envy finger login not working