Windows 10: My fingerprint reader does not work with Hello.

Discus and support My fingerprint reader does not work with Hello. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello. I have a Lenovo ThinkPad W530 with a fingerprint reader on Windows 10 Pro (Upgraded from 7). In Settings>Accounts>Sign-in options, it says... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by WalleBot, May 14, 2019.

1. WalleBot Win User

My fingerprint reader does not work with Hello.

Hello. I have a Lenovo ThinkPad W530 with a fingerprint reader on Windows 10 Pro (Upgraded from 7). In Settings>Accounts>Sign-in options, it says Windows Hello isn't available on my PC. Other people have the reader working with Windows Hello but not me. I tried installing the old software and updating the driver, none worked. In Device Manager, the device shows as: TouchChip Fingerprint Coprocessor software (WBF Advanced Mode). In Windows 7 Pro, it worked fine with the software.

:)

WalleBot, May 14, 2019

2. No Windows Hello with Digital Persona 4500 fingerprint reader

Digital Persona uru 4500 fingerprint reader automatically detected by Windows 10. In settings it's showing BIOKEY 200 fingerprint reader. And in device manager it's updated with latest driver 4.0.0.128. Trying to see Windows Hello in sign in option over
    two months with these fingerprint reader. But no solutions still now. Tried all necessary steps but no Windows Hello. The driver I can upgrade only 4.0.0.143. No other driver or software is getting installed under compatibility mode in Windows 10 also I have
    found.

Pls try to give a solution.

SantanuSarkarbrp, May 14, 2019
  3. Fingerprint Reader not working on Windows 10

Hi Kayleigh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing Fingerprint reader on Windows 10, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the device status in Device Manager along with exclamatory mark?

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware troubleshooter as it will help in resolving the issues with hardware and resolve any simple issues found.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, click on
      Control Panel.
    • In the Control Panel window, select Category and then select
      Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, click on
      view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: I suggest you to update the drivers for Fingerprint Reader in Device Manager:

Steps:

• Right click on Windows key from the desktop and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices, right click on the
      Fingerprint driver and select Update Driver Software
    • Check if you are able to access the device.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 14, 2019
  4. Julie Ram Win User

Fingerprint readers don't work

Hi,

Windows seems to treat the P5100 as a swipe sensor and not a touch one. Let's get your device connected, to do that, try following the steps below and see how it goes:

• Disconnect your fingerprint reader.
    • Uninstall both drivers.
    • Restart.
    • Then connect any of the drivers.

As mentioned above, the drivers are detected by the system and everything should run smoothly. If you still experience the issue after performing the steps, we advise you to contact your device manufacturer for configuration.

Julie Ram, May 14, 2019
Thema:

1. My fingerprint reader does not work with Hello. - Similar Threads - fingerprint reader does

2. Fingerprint Reader Not Working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint Reader Not Working.: Hello, my fingerprint scanner on my ASUS laptop had suddenly stopped working. A few hours ago, it was perfectly fine and running until I tried to unlock my laptop after a while, and nothing was happening. On settings, it says 'Windows Hello is not compatible with this device'...
  3. fingerprint reader stops working in middle of windows hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fingerprint reader stops working in middle of windows hello: a few months ago my fingerprint reader stopped working so I tried to fix it but it did not work so I just removed my fingerprint from windows hello and gave up on it but when trying windows hello to add my fingerprint it works until in the second part where it wants you to...
  4. fingerprint reader stops working in middle of windows hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    fingerprint reader stops working in middle of windows hello: a few months ago my fingerprint reader stopped working so I tried to fix it but it did not work so I just removed my fingerprint from windows hello and gave up on it but when trying windows hello to add my fingerprint it works until in the second part where it wants you to...
  5. Fingerprint Reader not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint Reader not working: I recently reinstalled windows 10 on my Laptop and now my fingerprint reader doesn't work. Help is appreciated. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-reader-not-working/c071cc9e-b799-4450-a3c5-57f33a3d16f5
  6. Windows Hello & fingerprint reader not working

Windows Hello & fingerprint reader not working: I have an HP Spectre 360 and have always used Windows Hello or the fingerprint reader to sign in since I got it. But for the last few days it keeps telling me that a compatible webcam and fingerprint reader could not be found and I can only sign in with a pin. Any...
  7. My fingerprint reader is not compatible with windows hello

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My fingerprint reader is not compatible with windows hello: I just bought this laptop, Amd Athlon Silver and it has a fingerprint reader but its saying that its not compatible with windows hello. I have tried doing alot of things but none of them worked....
  8. Windows Hello Fingerprint Reader Not Working

Windows Hello Fingerprint Reader Not Working: Dell Inspiron 7577 Built-in Goodix Fingerprint scanner Was working fine for 2 years. I removed my fingerprint then tried to re-add it and it is now grayed out. The scanner shows in the device manager. [ATTACH] Tried: Updating driver in device manager....
  9. Fingerprint reader not working

Fingerprint reader not working: I have a digitalpersona U.are.U 4500 fingerprint reader. I've installed drivers for it and Device Manager recognizes it as a biometric device. I want to use it with Windows hello but settings for Windows hello are not available. I've updated local Group policy settings to...
  10. Fingerprint reader does not work on Windows 10!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fingerprint reader does not work on Windows 10!: Good morning! I have a Fujitsu Celsius H910 Mobile workstation with AuthenTec Inc. AES2660 Fingerprint sensor. It was work well under Windows 7 and Windows 10 BUT! About 2018. summer there was an update of operating system (Windows 10 64 bit) and since then the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo yoga 530 fingerprint not working

2. why digitalpersona doesnt work

3. finger print scanners drivers compatible with windows hello and u.are.u 4500fingerprint reader

4. touchchip fingerprint thinkpad,
  5. fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello where can i get?,
  6. FINGER print SYNAPTICS pour Lenovo yoga 520,
  7. thinkpad fingerprint reader not visible in device manager,
  8. u are u fingerprint reader 4500 does not work windows 10,
  9. hellow window finger scanner not working,
  10. my laptop has a fingerprint scanner buy windows hello says not compatible