Windows 10: My fingerprint reader is not compatible with windows hello

Discus and support My fingerprint reader is not compatible with windows hello in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just bought this laptop, Amd Athlon Silver and it has a fingerprint reader but its saying that its not compatible with windows hello. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SheikhAhmed1, Sep 17, 2020.

1. My fingerprint reader is not compatible with windows hello

I just bought this laptop, Amd Athlon Silver and it has a fingerprint reader but its saying that its not compatible with windows hello.

I have tried doing alot of things but none of them worked.

:)

SheikhAhmed1, Sep 17, 2020

2. fingerprint reader compatible with Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you would like to use fingerprint reader on your Acer cloud book running Windows 10. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1:

Refer to the following Windows 8.1 article to install the Fingerprint driver in compatibility mode. The steps apply to Windows 10 as well.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Method 2:

You can also contact computer manufacturer to get better help on this issue. They might help you with compatible application to use on your Windows 10 computer.

Hope this information helps.

Reply us with the status of the issue.

Sincerely,

Ankit Rajput, Sep 17, 2020
  3. No Windows Hello with Digital Persona 4500 fingerprint reader

Digital Persona uru 4500 fingerprint reader automatically detected by Windows 10. In settings it's showing BIOKEY 200 fingerprint reader. And in device manager it's updated with latest driver 4.0.0.128. Trying to see Windows Hello in sign in option over
    two months with these fingerprint reader. But no solutions still now. Tried all necessary steps but no Windows Hello. The driver I can upgrade only 4.0.0.143. No other driver or software is getting installed under compatibility mode in Windows 10 also I have
    found.

Pls try to give a solution.

SantanuSarkarbrp, Sep 17, 2020
  4. My fingerprint reader is not compatible with windows hello

Windows Hello not available with Digital Persona Fingerprint Reader

I think writing in community comes to an end. Long time written that Digital Persona UrU 4500 fingerprint reader supported by Windows Hello or not. Got lot of suggestions and followed. Recently Microsoft has changed the compatibility portal with it's own
    products. There is no place for other brands. Previously this fingerprint reader showed in the same portal as a windows 10 compatible device. Recently I am on Insider Preview Build 10565 from stable Build 10240. But this major issue not fixed after following
    all necessary steps.
    I think Lock Screen is related with Hello. Defaults pictures & Windows Spotlight Pictures showing & changing fine. But no lock screen with pictures coming after hitting lock button or win+L. Only as usual password or PIN lock screen coming. I don't know
    these two problem will fix or not.
    1. DISM.exe result fine.
    2. sfc/scannow is OK. etc.

SantanuSarkarbrp, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

My fingerprint reader is not compatible with windows hello

1. My fingerprint reader is not compatible with windows hello - Similar Threads - fingerprint reader compatible

2. Issues with Windows hello fingerprint reader

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Issues with Windows hello fingerprint reader: I just got this computer and the fingerprint reader is giving me problems. The reader itself is working fine and letting me use it, the issue lies with windows hello. I want to add another fingerprint to the prints that would work, but when I go into the settings to do that...
  3. Windows Hello & fingerprint reader not working

Windows Hello & fingerprint reader not working: I have an HP Spectre 360 and have always used Windows Hello or the fingerprint reader to sign in since I got it. But for the last few days it keeps telling me that a compatible webcam and fingerprint reader could not be found and I can only sign in with a pin. Any...
  4. Fingerprint reader/Windows Hello unavailable

Fingerprint reader/Windows Hello unavailable: I am using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. Yesterday, the fingerprint reader on my laptop stopped working, forcing me to sign in with my password. I tried disabling and re-enabling the fingerprint option, but it didn't help. I went online and found something that said I need to...
  5. Fingerprint scanner not compatible with windows hello fingerprint

Fingerprint scanner not compatible with windows hello fingerprint: Sir, I have Dell vostro laptop with windows 10 home single language. Since few days my laptop's fingerprint is not working. On going in Setting a shown as "we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint" and option showing REMOVE and ADD...
  6. Windows Hello and Bio-Key fingerprint readers

Windows Hello and Bio-Key fingerprint readers: Hi, I'm the IT guy at a smallish hospital here. I have been using a Bio-Key fingerprint reader on my office PC for quite some time and it works awesome, with the exception that it would log me into my other user account from time to time. I used two different fingers for...
  7. Fingerprint scanner not compatible with Windows Hello

Fingerprint scanner not compatible with Windows Hello: After the Windows 10 update of May 28th 2020 I am unable to login with my fingerprint. Going to Settings - Accounts - Signin options - Windows Hello Fingerprint it says "This option is currently unavailable. We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows...
  8. Windows Hello Fingerprint Reader Not Working

Windows Hello Fingerprint Reader Not Working: Dell Inspiron 7577 Built-in Goodix Fingerprint scanner Was working fine for 2 years. I removed my fingerprint then tried to re-add it and it is now grayed out. The scanner shows in the device manager. [ATTACH] Tried: Updating driver in device manager....
  9. My fingerprint reader does not work with Hello.

My fingerprint reader does not work with Hello.: Hello. I have a Lenovo ThinkPad W530 with a fingerprint reader on Windows 10 Pro (Upgraded from 7). In Settings>Accounts>Sign-in options, it says Windows Hello isn't available on my PC. Other people have the reader working with Windows Hello but not me. I tried installing the...
  10. Windows Hello with 2 Fingerprint readers

Windows Hello with 2 Fingerprint readers: I want to use Windows 10 Hello with my laptop's FP reader, which works well, but also would like to use an external FP reader when my laptop is docked and the internal FP reader on the laptop's keyboard deck is hidden (lid is closed) Can this be done? or will Windows Hello...