Windows 10: My Firefox logo disapeared in taskbar

Discus and support My Firefox logo disapeared in taskbar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! Today happened something weird. When I open Firefox, it doesn't show the logo, as it was deleted. It happens only with Firefox, and only in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CoachPops189, Oct 25, 2020.

1. My Firefox logo disapeared in taskbar

Hi! Today happened something weird. When I open Firefox, it doesn't show the logo, as it was deleted. It happens only with Firefox, and only in the taskbar.

Here is an example of what happens.

I tried to reset the icon cache, but doesnt work. Any ideas?

Thank you very much in advance!

submitted by /u/CoachPops189
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CoachPops189, Oct 25, 2020

2. Pinning Firefox to Taskbar causes second icon on tasbar to appear

Hi,

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing regarding this issue and also for the delay in getting back to you. Do not worry. Let me help you in fixing this issue.

Did you try reinstalling the Firefox program? If not, I suggest that you do the same and check if it helps.

Combining the taskbar buttons should fix this issue. Refer to the following steps to do the same:

• Right click on Taskbar and select
      Properties.
    • Select Always combine, Hide labels
      in Taskbar buttons.
    Hope this helps. Get back to us for further assistance.

Sharath Srinivasa, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Mike_11_ Win User
    Pinning Firefox to Taskbar causes second icon on tasbar to appear

This is not the solution to this particular problem. The same thing is happening with Skype. As you can see I only have one Skype window open, taskbar properties are set to combine buttons, yet there are two Skype icons.

http://i.imgur.com/GEie0A5.png

This was a problem in Windows 7 but it could be solved by unpinning the old icon and pinning the new one. This does not work in Windows 10 so it is likely a different problem.

Mike_11_, Oct 25, 2020
  4. darkred Win User

My Firefox logo disapeared in taskbar

Generic icon instead of the Firefox logo icon in the context menu of its pinned to taskbar shortcut

I have FF 49.0.2 x64 in win 10 x64 v1607 build 14393 (i.e. with the Anniversary Update).

When Firefox is running, its icon is displayed on taskbar, as expected (i.e it's not a generic icon).

But, when I rightclick the Firefox shortcut which is pinned to the taskbar,

then, instead of the Firefox logo, a generic icon is displayed next to the "Mozilla Firefox" entry. Screenshot:

My Firefox logo disapeared in taskbar 9UuZOX0l.jpg

AS you may see, the "Frequent" and "Tasks" lists are present,

and all the "Frequent" entries have favicons.

Also, the relevant Firefox shortcut in Windows Start Menu has the FF logo icon, as expected. (screenshots:

My Firefox logo disapeared in taskbar ss8TB.jpg
    and

My Firefox logo disapeared in taskbar 9YgT8.jpg
    )

The pinned shortcut itself supposedly gets its icon from "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe". Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/6dM3aN4.jpg

This only happens when rightclicking on the FF pinned icon - all other pinned icons have their relevant icon when rightclicking them, including of Chrome browser:

My Firefox logo disapeared in taskbar xdtWn3hl.jpg

I have tried multiple times unpinning the shortcut from taskbar and then re-pin it,

as well as uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox, but didn't help.

In the above description I only have Firefox 49.0.2 installed.

If I uninstall Firefox 49 and then install Nightly 52 and launch it,

then -after a while- the Firefox (Nightly) logo icon is displayed in the context menu, as expected.

I believe that the issue might started after I uninstalled Firefox stable and installed Nightly (I had done this quite a few times).
    But I have uninstalled Nightly and currently have stable only.

How can I fix this?

darkred, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

My Firefox logo disapeared in taskbar

1. My Firefox logo disapeared in taskbar - Similar Threads - Firefox logo disapeared

2. My account disapeared

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My account disapeared: Hello, i havent used my account for a while - about 2 months and today, i was trying to login, ive tried multiple browsers, skype, atd. it says my email doesent have account in it i was using my old gmail, but ive never recieved mail, or something about changing login mail,...
  3. My account disapeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account disapeared: Hello, i havent used my account for a while - about 2 months and today, i was trying to login, ive tried multiple browsers, skype, atd. it says my email doesent have account in it i was using my old gmail, but ive never recieved mail, or something about changing login mail,...
  4. My account disapeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Where is my windows logo on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where is my windows logo on the taskbar: [ATTACH] It just disappeared, weird https://preview.redd.it/p5gdkt5bd3691.png?width=792&format=png&auto=webp&s=4dd914c76edaa881c0957513de7ea2231bdcdd68 submitted by /u/Resident-Area7885 [link] [comments]...
  6. Firefox and Taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox and Taskbar: It's probably not a very important issue, but still somewhat annoying, so I would be very grateful if anyone has an idea. I have several browsers installed (used for different purposes). Some are pinned to the taskbar, as shown in the attached images. Now the issue that I'm...
  7. my bluetooth disapeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my bluetooth disapeared: I have been using Bluetooth on me brand new Skytech Archangel gaming computer everyday and now all of a sudden it is gone and says I don't have Bluetooth. I don't know what happened but I had Bluetooth and now I don't. Ive tried your suggestions already and computer says I...
  8. toolbar disapearing from the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    toolbar disapearing from the taskbar: Hello, I have Windows 10 build 18363.778 and lately the custom toolbar I have on my taskbar disappears from time to time, forcing me to create it all over again. Also, when I move the toolbar to the left-side of the taskbar close to the start Windows button, all shortcuts in...
  9. New Firefox Logo - The Evolution Of A Brand

in Windows 10 News
    New Firefox Logo - The Evolution Of A Brand: [ATTACH] Consider the fox. It’s known for being quick, clever, and untamed — attributes easily applied to its mythical cousin, the “Firefox” of browser fame. Well, Firefox has another trait not found in earthly foxes: stretchiness. (Just look how it circumnavigates the...
  10. Icons disapearing from taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons disapearing from taskbar: hello there, does anyone know how to i can get my taskbar icons back? the icons are gone,the applicationsare still there but they are just blank spaces and this ONLY happens on the task bar, everywhere else is fine, and ive tried restarting my computer but that didnt work,...