Windows 10: My Firewall is Blocking Printer/Scanner

Discus and support My Firewall is Blocking Printer/Scanner in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My firewall is blocking my printer/scanner from scanning images onto my laptop. Strangely, even when I turn off the firewall, I still cannot scan. Help... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bluelion7, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Bluelion7 Win User

My Firewall is Blocking Printer/Scanner

My firewall is blocking my printer/scanner from scanning images onto my laptop. Strangely, even when I turn off the firewall, I still cannot scan. Help please!

:)

Bluelion7, Jan 14, 2021

2. Windows 10 recognizes my printer+scanner only as a printer.

Hello,

Another method you may try is to uninstall and reinstall the printer. The following are the steps:

Remove your printer

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
    • Under Printers & scanners, find the printer, select it, and then select Remove device.

Install or add a local printer

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
    • Under Printers & Scanners, see if your printer is installed.
    • If you don’t see your device, select Add a printer or scanner. Wait for it to find available printers, choose the one you want, and then select Add device.

On the other hand, we suggest also that you reach out the manufacturer of your printer/scanner for the driver availability or work around.

Regards.

JohnMel And, Jan 14, 2021
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

John Sarc, Jan 14, 2021
  4. My Firewall is Blocking Printer/Scanner

Printer Scanner

Hi TT,

As shown on the screen shots shown before, the printer is listed in devices, but doesnt appear with the Windows 10 printers and scanners section.

However, the printer does appear to be working at the moment, so I will let it be at that, just strange it should show on one listing but not the other.

Thanks for your input.

MarkStidever, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

My Firewall is Blocking Printer/Scanner

1. My Firewall is Blocking Printer/Scanner - Similar Threads - Firewall Blocking Printer

2. My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.: My printer/scanner operates fine in multiple apps, shows in Device Manager, but the icon does not show in Printers and Scanners. I have the updated printer drivers, I have restarted the computer, etc. still no icon. I am running Windows Home 11. The icon was visible in...
  3. My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.: My printer/scanner operates fine in multiple apps, shows in Device Manager, but the icon does not show in Printers and Scanners. I have the updated printer drivers, I have restarted the computer, etc. still no icon. I am running Windows Home 11. The icon was visible in...
  4. My Firewall is Blocking Printer/Scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Firewall is Blocking Printer/Scanner: My firewall is blocking my printer/scanner from scanning images onto my laptop. Strangely, even when I turn off the firewall, I still cannot scan. Help please! <Moved from Virus and Malware / Other / Getting started and upgrading / Windows 10>...
  5. Scanner to Printer

Scanner to Printer: Hello, I have scanned an instruction sheep which is 6" X 4", and I would like to print it as an A4 size, making the instruction lettering larger, I have poor eyesight and cannot read the instructions properly, Is there a way to do this please, I woud appreciate any help yo...
  6. Printer and Scanner

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printer and Scanner: I have all in one printer and scanner Brother HL-L2390DW LAN Monochrome and I scanned some documents but does not show on my HP Computer Lap top. It was working but now I cant find scanned papers. ????? HeLp!...
  7. printer/scanner

printer/scanner: I have a Brother MFC multifunctional printer when I go into it now I cant select the scanning option well it is not showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printerscanner/17414f47-8f6c-4f26-baa8-df3bc61b1830
  8. printer and scanner

printer and scanner: my scanner not show on destop so I can not scan any documents. Kindly help me. thanks Hariom https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-and-scanner/40e6688e-ebb6-40e7-96e0-b371dbcb9733
  9. Printer/scanner

Printer/scanner: I have an epson XP-610 printer and scanner. I have the printer connected to my new laptop, but when I try to scan it says the scanner is not connected. I am using Windows 10 can you help?...
  10. scanner and printer

scanner and printer: build 10049; i'm able to print but when i scan i get this error message ; i change location but i get the same error; can some one help, sure appreciated [img] 5355