Windows 10: My first virus on my 8-year old laptop.

Discus and support My first virus on my 8-year old laptop. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Question: I have a virus on my system and it's making my computer do weird things without me even touching it. I want to backup all my files/media onto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Numerasen, Aug 25, 2020.

1. My first virus on my 8-year old laptop.

Question: I have a virus on my system and it's making my computer do weird things without me even touching it. I want to backup all my files/media onto my external storage in fear of them being corrupted by the virus (I don't even know if that's possible tbh). If I plug in my external HDD and proceed to move my movies and documents onto it, is there a chance that the virus may infect my HDD as well? Can the virus "latch" itself onto the mp3/mp4 files?

submitted by /u/Numerasen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Numerasen, Aug 25, 2020
  2. JohnC363 Win User

Web Blocking for an 8 Year Old

Your suggestions have not solved my problem yet. But, I first have a more basic problem.

I went to the suggested site and then set up an account for my 8 year old son and signed him up for an email account as a family member. I received an email welcoming him to the family and he shows up in my family list. I turned on the age appropriate
    restrictions and listed cnn.com to block. when I go to his account, there are no restrictions at all. I can get to cnn.com and I can go to sites about **** for teens. What am I doing wrong? Is thee a setting I am missing?

JohnC363, Aug 25, 2020
  3. Rubi Win User
    Using An Old Laptop For Backup

Hi,

I'm looking for suggestions on the best way to re-purpose an old laptop as an external backup medium.

Here is the current situation:

1. We have 4 Windows 10 laptops at home

2. I have an old (about 8 years) Windows 7 laptop

What are the options to use the old laptop for backup?

Thanks!

4. Nordic Win User

My first virus on my 8-year old laptop.

What to do with old laptop

If you actually read the thread it is a spare old laptop.

Nordic, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

My first virus on my 8-year old laptop.

1. My first virus on my 8-year old laptop. - Similar Threads - virus old laptop

2. how to upgrade processor my 3 year old HP laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to upgrade processor my 3 year old HP laptop.: How do I upgrade processor and ram. Hard drive is 1000 GB solid state.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-processor-my-3-year-old-hp-laptop/b6934811-37cd-4e20-b182-7ac654275380
  3. how to upgrade processor my 3 year old HP laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to upgrade processor my 3 year old HP laptop.: How do I upgrade processor and ram. Hard drive is 1000 GB solid state.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-processor-my-3-year-old-hp-laptop/b6934811-37cd-4e20-b182-7ac654275380
  4. how to upgrade processor my 3 year old HP laptop.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My laptop of two years freezes!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop of two years freezes!: Hey!I have an annoying issue with my Acer nitro 5. I have continuously issues ever since my windows updated to windows 11 but this takes the cake. Ever since last month I have experienced my laptop freezing. It can work fine for 6-8 hours before it completely freezes but...
  6. "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED" BSOD. My first crash on my 2 year old my computer. I do 3d...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED" BSOD. My first crash on my 2 year old my computer. I do 3d...: I've had my PC computer for over two years never had a BSOD running my 3d production apps. I've never had an issue using Google Spreadsheet on the Chrome Browser for years and I got my first BSOD. I had some other 3d apps running in the background but they were idle. I have...
  7. Year-old laptop suddenly slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Year-old laptop suddenly slow: I have an Asus TUF fx505 gaming laptop with Windows 10. It's run games like Monster Hunter and Rainbow Six Siege fine since I got it a year ago, until last Thursday. I don't know how much of this is relevant, but I'll give you the full story anyways: I downloaded Rocket...
  8. I no longer have my activation key! This PC is over 8 years old!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I no longer have my activation key! This PC is over 8 years old!: Okay, so I decided to finally upgrade my old computer. I replaced only the motherboard and CPU and increased my memory to 16 gigs. When I originally bought this PC I believe it had Windows 7 on it, which over time I have upgraded to Windows 10. So after I updated my hardware...
  9. Can I reuse my old unused laptop product key in new laptop after years and years later ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I reuse my old unused laptop product key in new laptop after years and years later ?: I have old laptop that is damaged but with geniue windows 10 pro OEM product key now I have a new laptop. So if I don't use my previous laptop for years and years will I lose that windows product key . Can't I use that product key to upgrade my new laptops windows after years...
  10. My 2-month old laptop is already behaving like it's 7 years old

in Windows 10 Support
    My 2-month old laptop is already behaving like it's 7 years old: I got my HP Pavilion in October 2015 as a birthday present. It's 1TB HDD, 8GB RAM, Windows 10, AMD A10 processor, 64 bit. It was working really well for a little while, but a few weeks ago I started noticing problems and now... well, they have gotten much worse....