Windows 10: My flashdisk is disk write protected

Discus and support My flashdisk is disk write protected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok, Listen. I was using readybost for my laptop and then, when i want to disable ready boost its cant, it says "The Disk write is protected And i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoshJack, Oct 30, 2018.

1. JoshJack Win User

My flashdisk is disk write protected

Ok, Listen. I was using readybost for my laptop and then, when i want to disable ready boost its cant, it says "The Disk write is protected

And i have same trouble while format my flashdisk. So, how i can get back my flash disk?Please Help. Thanks

:)

JoshJack, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Time Lady Win User
    Time Lady, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Rohit_R Win User

The Disk Is Write Protected - How To Remove Write Protection

Hi Fernanda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In regards to your concern, please help me with following questions:

• Is the Hard drive external or internal?
    You can try following steps and check if that fixes the issue:

1. Run Virus scan on the Hard Drive.
    2. Perform check disk commands on the Hard Disk to fix the Disk errors.
    Refer to this article.

Note: Remove all the external devices before performing check disk.

Data Loss Disclaimer:

While performing these steps there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Rohit Raina

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Rohit_R, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

1. My flashdisk is disk write protected - Similar Threads - flashdisk disk write

2. usb: "This disk is write-protected"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb: "This disk is write-protected": I hate this alot, I tried editing Registry Editor and command prompt, but nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-this-disk-is-write-protected/09c31158-ee9a-441a-8a2f-390932d29b1f
  3. usb: "This disk is write-protected"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb: "This disk is write-protected": I hate this alot, I tried editing Registry Editor and command prompt, but nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-this-disk-is-write-protected/09c31158-ee9a-441a-8a2f-390932d29b1f
  4. usb: "This disk is write-protected"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Remove the write-protection from the disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove the write-protection from the disk: Hello Team,From the last two days when I try to copy and paste any file on my internal Hard disk, I am getting this error The disk is write protected. Remove the Write protection or use another disk.I have tried to clear readonly in CMD using attributes disk clear readonly...
  6. Remove the write-protection from the disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove the write-protection from the disk: Hello Team,From the last two days when I try to copy and paste any file on my internal Hard disk, I am getting this error The disk is write protected. Remove the Write protection or use another disk.I have tried to clear readonly in CMD using attributes disk clear readonly...
  7. "This disk is write-protected"

"This disk is write-protected": I have pictures in my disk drive C and moved one onto my local disk D. The action was interrupted and a pop-up window appeared that the Disk is "write-protected". What does it mean? Should I remove it?...
  8. Internal disk write protected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Internal disk write protected: Windows was updated last night. After the mandatory reboot,when checking my drives I noticed that one of the internal drives was missing.I looked in the disk manager and there it was but it asked me to initialize it.I've never seen that before. Now I can access that disk,...
  9. Pendrive disk write protected problem

Pendrive disk write protected problem: Hello, My pendrive was working tomorrow but today its showing that disk write protected and I/O device error. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pendrive-disk-write-protected-problem/ef0e6e2d-18c5-489f-9a79-19548fde5938
  10. The Disk Is Write Protected - How To Remove Write Protection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The Disk Is Write Protected - How To Remove Write Protection: Hi I just join my computer with autopilot and mi HDD of storage don't allow me to write for permission, I try modify permission from properties ->security->advance option and nothing, I try with cmd with the comand diskpart --> attributes disk clear readonly and nothing....