Windows 10: My Folder Changed Itself To A 'File' Type, Can I Revert It?

Discus and support My Folder Changed Itself To A 'File' Type, Can I Revert It? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I tried to edit a video when i found out my video file was missing, i searched the subfolder where the videos recordings previously were for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Naggingclub5, Feb 16, 2020.

1. My Folder Changed Itself To A 'File' Type, Can I Revert It?

I tried to edit a video when i found out my video file was missing, i searched the subfolder where the videos recordings previously were for the problem and found all my videos gone with the only thing there being a file called USBCÔYÂ or something like that and so i scanned the drive for errors and it said it was fixed. I went to the drive just to find the folder they were in was replaced with a 'File' type with the same name.

My Folder Changed Itself To A 'File' Type, Can I Revert It? 58a0c05c-10ac-41e8-90d0-019b530377ee?upload=true.png

Worst part is when i open it as a text document i can pick out the names of my pictures and videos on there such as IMG_0109.JPG and MVI_0110.MOV My Folder Changed Itself To A 'File' Type, Can I Revert It? a19b83ca-456b-45a3-83bc-eab2e432a3fe?upload=true.png

if anyone knows anything about this let me know plz

:)

Naggingclub5, Feb 16, 2020
  2. Frogger Win User

?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile My Folder Changed Itself To A 'File' Type, Can I Revert It? :)

Frogger, Feb 16, 2020
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Feb 16, 2020
  4. My Folder Changed Itself To A 'File' Type, Can I Revert It?

Windows 10 Quick Access: Folder & File Grouping (QA grouped by type, folder or file) ceased working

Actually, apologies, I spoke too soon, I rebooted (still had same issue which emerged after a Win10 crash this AM for unknown reason) then executed your suggestion (which to be clear for others was the following steps):

• Opened "File Explorer"
    • Went to View
    • Selected Options from toolbar
    • Selected Change Folder and Search Options - this opened Folder Options box
    • Selected View for View tab
    • in Folder Views box clicked on Reset Folder
    And voila, worked. Earlier try not sure why it did not work but after reboot (and with continued Quick Access issue) this worked.

WilliamFellows, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

My Folder Changed Itself To A 'File' Type, Can I Revert It?

1. My Folder Changed Itself To A 'File' Type, Can I Revert It? - Similar Threads - Folder Changed Itself

2. folders view changes by itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    folders view changes by itself.: I have a lot of photos stored on my computer and am trying to set the folders view to large icon so I can view the photos easily. However, much of the time when I go back to the folders they have reverted to list view. I reset the view and the same thing happens. I have tried...
  3. folders view changes by itself.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    folders view changes by itself.: I have a lot of photos stored on my computer and am trying to set the folders view to large icon so I can view the photos easily. However, much of the time when I go back to the folders they have reverted to list view. I reset the view and the same thing happens. I have tried...
  4. All of my file types changed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All of my file types changed: recently I ran Snes9x emulator portable app, didn't installed then all of my file extensions changed to Snes9x ROM please help me to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-of-my-file-types-changed/0183484d-903a-469b-bb0a-7ef7ae2826b5
  5. Unable to change folder Optimization for file types

Unable to change folder Optimization for file types: I have a folder that shows columns for music type files. I select properties - customize - optimize this folder for documents - OK, but nothing changes. If I change the name of the folder I am able to optimize for various types but if I change the name of the folder back to...
  6. My computer types by itself

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer types by itself: Can't type propely anything. Computer keeps typing slashes \\\ non stop and opening websites by itself... I have this problem since your last windows 10 update it sucks sorry for my English... I pay for a product that year by year becomes worst.... Time to go Apple or...
  7. Open as File Type.. How to revert it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Open as File Type.. How to revert it?: I am downloading some mods for a game, and now some of the files are opening with Photoshop.. Can someone tell me the settings page where i can revert this? submitted by /u/Karakolev [link] [comments]...
  8. Folders changed to read only and revert if I change it back.

Folders changed to read only and revert if I change it back.: I was offline for a couple days after moving. After a restart I noticed I couldn't write to a folder in appdata that a program usually does. I also became unable to play State of Decay 2 which requires a microsoft/xbox account. I had been playing it earlier that day while...
  9. Change folders to be above PSD files in Group By Type?

Change folders to be above PSD files in Group By Type?: My preference for sorting my files is to have them grouped by type. However, when I do this, my files like .psd, .clip and a few others appear above my folders by default and so far I haven't been able to find an answer on how to fix this. What can I do? Basically, this is...
  10. Can a file folder open in a window all by itself?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can a file folder open in a window all by itself?: Can a file folder open it it's own window all by itself without any of the drive's other folder structure showing? I have certain folders I must refer to frequently and I'd like to create a shortcut which would pop one open in a new window without having to wade through the...