Windows 10: My folder got deleted

Discus and support My folder got deleted in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had a folder I created a while ago, it was a folder that contained important documents from before I format my computer.Some weeks after that, my pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by [Glam], Dec 6, 2022.

1. [Glam] Win User

My folder got deleted

I had a folder I created a while ago, it was a folder that contained important documents from before I format my computer.Some weeks after that, my pc crashed a couple of times, and that folder simply disappeared, I can't find it anywhere in my pc.I already tried opening the folder through the shortcut I have, but I get this error messageThe folder worked perfectly fine until the crashes I got suddenly, and that folder is the only one affected by them.

:)

[Glam], Dec 6, 2022

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused My folder got deleted :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well My folder got deleted :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Dec 6, 2022
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Dec 6, 2022
  4. My folder got deleted

Delete a file folder.

In such cases it is often possible to use this 3-step process:

1. Move the folder to C:\
    2. Reboot
    3. Delete the folder

Frederik Long, Dec 6, 2022
Thema:

My folder got deleted

1. My folder got deleted - Similar Threads - folder got deleted

2. my bitlocker got deleted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my bitlocker got deleted: hey my bitlocker is not showing in control panel i hope the engineers here at microsoft can help me .my drive that is encrypted has my 4 to 5 year data plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bitlocker-got-deleted/1968121d-1f10-486e-bec5-e7f5ada77b20
  3. my bitlocker got deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my bitlocker got deleted: hey my bitlocker is not showing in control panel i hope the engineers here at microsoft can help me .my drive that is encrypted has my 4 to 5 year data plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bitlocker-got-deleted/1968121d-1f10-486e-bec5-e7f5ada77b20
  4. my bitlocker got deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My documents folder got deleted, none of the documents are in recycling bin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My documents folder got deleted, none of the documents are in recycling bin.: I went to save a file to documents folder in Word, and it said Unavailable so I checked the folder and it is empty. It is not in recycling and I can't find any of the documents, please help....
  6. My documents folder got deleted, none of the documents are in recycling bin.

My documents folder got deleted, none of the documents are in recycling bin.: I went to save a file to documents folder in Word, and it said Unavailable so I checked the folder and it is empty. It is not in recycling and I can't find any of the documents, please help....
  7. My Account got hacked and Deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Account got hacked and Deleted: Like I said, my Microsoft account got hacked by a Russian e-mail, and 1 day after trying to recover it, it got deleted. The internet said I'll have to make a new account with the same e-mail and my account would be back. No, now I have an account with the same e-mail, but...
  8. My Account got hacked and Deleted

My Account got hacked and Deleted: Like I said, my Microsoft account got hacked by a Russian e-mail, and 1 day after trying to recover it, it got deleted. The internet said I'll have to make a new account with the same e-mail and my account would be back. No, now I have an account with the same e-mail, but...
  9. My folder got deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My folder got deleted: I had a folder I created a while ago, it was a folder that contained important documents from before I format my computer.Some weeks after that, my pc crashed a couple of times, and that folder simply disappeared, I can't find it anywhere in my pc.I already tried opening the...
  10. My folder got deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My folder got deleted: I had a folder I created a while ago, it was a folder that contained important documents from before I format my computer.Some weeks after that, my pc crashed a couple of times, and that folder simply disappeared, I can't find it anywhere in my pc.I already tried opening the...