Windows 10: My folder won't stop reverting to read only

Discus and support My folder won't stop reverting to read only in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I keep on changing the folder off read only and it won't stop changing it back. The folders that lead to it are also read only but they also won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SehnpaiYT, Jun 6, 2020.

1. My folder won't stop reverting to read only

I keep on changing the folder off read only and it won't stop changing it back. The folders that lead to it are also read only but they also won't change off read only. I don't know how to fix it but I already tried the security fix and it didn't work. How can I fix it?

submitted by /u/SehnpaiYT
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SehnpaiYT, Jun 6, 2020
  2. AFTommy Win User

Folder won"t go away

I have a no longer used folder than I cannot delete. I have tried various third party apps to no avain. Any ideas how I can send this folder to "Never Never Land"

My folder won't stop reverting to read only [​IMG]

AFTommy, Jun 6, 2020
  3. my n97 won t charge or connect

when i put a usb on my n97 it won t charge when i put on the computer it won t say nokia pc suite or else it not reading the usb cannot work on my phone plz hel

karim71---01, Jun 6, 2020
  4. sjackson Win User

My folder won't stop reverting to read only

Folder Reverting to Read Only

I have two drives. My C drive and my D drive. I use my D drive as an external hard drive, but it's internal. My C drive is an SSD and my D drive is an HDD. My SSD is too small, so everything large goes on the HDD. Every folder in my HDD is read-only. I right click the folder and go into properties and take it off read-only and apply the changes, when I go back into properties the folder in question is back on read-only. I have googled this problem multiple times. So all of the basic things that I can try, have been tried. I'll list them below.

Both CMD with Admin Privileges
    attrib -r +s drive:\<path>\<foldername>

attrib -r -s drive:\<path>\<foldername>

Example Images: Not my system, the images are examples but I did the aforementioned and still no result.

CMD with Full Admin Privileges

attrib -r "full path of folder\*" /s /d

Powershell: With full Admin Privileges

Get-ChildItem -Path "full path of file with extension" -Recurse -File | % { $_.IsReadOnly=$False }

If there is anything else that I can try to get these folders off Read-Only. Please give me a detailed set of instructions that even a layman like myself can understand. Thanks in advance!

sjackson, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

My folder won't stop reverting to read only

1. My folder won't stop reverting to read only - Similar Threads - folder won't stop

2. Folder reverts to read-only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder reverts to read-only: Hello,I am trying to uncheck the read-only box in the properties menu of a folder. However, each time I re-open the properties menu, I see that my change has been reverted. I've checked the security menu in properties, and I have full access to the folder.This folder contains...
  3. Folder reverts to read-only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder reverts to read-only: Hello,I am trying to uncheck the read-only box in the properties menu of a folder. However, each time I re-open the properties menu, I see that my change has been reverted. I've checked the security menu in properties, and I have full access to the folder.This folder contains...
  4. Folder reverts to read-only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My folders keep reverting to READ ONLY, how do i stop this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My folders keep reverting to READ ONLY, how do i stop this?: My folders keep reverting to READ ONLY, I have tried to Controlled folder access, but even though i am the owner and administrative of my personal computer it will not let me in. How do i stop my folders from all being read only, even when i have changed the setting? I have...
  6. My folders keep reverting to READ ONLY, how do i stop this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My folders keep reverting to READ ONLY, how do i stop this?: My folders keep reverting to READ ONLY, I have tried to Controlled folder access, but even though i am the owner and administrative of my personal computer it will not let me in. How do i stop my folders from all being read only, even when i have changed the setting? I have...
  7. Folder reverts back to read-only

Folder reverts back to read-only: I've tried many methods to try and set my folder to not "read-only". I've attempted to manually change the attribute by running the command prompt as administrator with the command: "attrib -R C:\ATLauncher". I'm not sure if I have written this command correctly, but it did...
  8. My folders keep reverting to read only

My folders keep reverting to read only: Every time i uncheck read only it just goes back to read only after a few mins this means i cant play any games on steam as it keeps telling me the folder is read only please help...
  9. Folders keep reverting to read-only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folders keep reverting to read-only: Hi all, Not sure if this is the place to get help, but couldn't think where else to go. As the title says, every time I change a folder's settings to read-write, it reverts to read-only. My account is an admin account and I've changed all my disks to read write with the...
  10. Folder Reverting to Read Only

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Reverting to Read Only: I have two drives. My C drive and my D drive. I use my D drive as an external hard drive, but it's internal. My C drive is an SSD and my D drive is an HDD. My SSD is too small, so everything large goes on the HDD. Every folder in my HDD is read-only. I right click the folder...