Windows 10: My folders are not opening!!!

Discus and support My folders are not opening!!! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! I'm having trouble opening folder within folders. For example, I can open any folder on my desktop but when I try to access any folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ebiabi, Mar 6, 2016.

1. ebiabi Win User

My folders are not opening!!!

Hello!

I'm having trouble opening folder within folders. For example, I can open any folder on my desktop but when I try to access any folders within that folder they show me this message;

My folders are not opening!!! [​IMG]

For now, I transfer any folders I need to access out onto my desktop. However, I do need to solve it. Any suggestions?

By the way I am a computer noob. No idea what the pop-up even means....

:)

ebiabi, Mar 6, 2016

2. Folders are not opening

Hi Arjun,

I have the same problem as the above subject. Once I click any folder, it will just flash desktop and nothing happens. I couldnt open any folders or cant access any file explorer.

I also tried what you have instructed above, In the clean boot it still persist but when I run it on safemode I was able to open the folders.

Can you help me isolate the problem why this happens.

Also, what is your recommendation? Do I need to bring back the old O.S.?

Anthony CyrusExtra, Mar 6, 2016
  3. Folders are not opening

Hello Anthony,

Apology for delayed response.

As per description, you are able to open the folders in safe mode.

This seems be an issue related to some third party programs stopping the folders to open in normal mode.

I would suggest you perform a full scan and check.

Microsoft Safety Scanner.
    I would suggest you to perform a full system scan using the Microsoft Safety Scanner to eliminate any issues related to virus/malware.

Microsoft Safety Scanner
    Safety Scanner - Windows Defender Security Intelligence

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Mar 6, 2016
  4. robgr Win User

Try this, open run type regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

robgr, Mar 6, 2016
  5. DannyL Win User
    Open a command prompt as Administrator (right-click on the start menu to find that), and run the following:sfc /scannowThis may help get this back to normal.

You can also try a system restore. When did this start?

DannyL, Mar 6, 2016
  6. ebiabi Win User
    It started around 2 days ago. I was really surprised. I can't do a system reboot at the moment because I am in the middle of my university applications...

ebiabi, Mar 7, 2016
  7. ebiabi Win User
    Hi! I tried it but only this came up.

My folders are not opening!!! [​IMG]

Any other ideas? Thanks!

ebiabi, Mar 7, 2016
  8. robgr Win User

The 64-bit version is %systemroot%\System32\regsvr32.exe.

robgr, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. My folders are not opening!!! - Similar Threads - folders are opening

2. open folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    open folders: Hi. This bit long winded. We have a new windows 11 laptop & all our 'data' from our desktop was transferred to it for us. Now as the 'owner' I can find all my info in correct places BUT my wife's is all in one named folder how do I get her pictures which are all in 'sub...
  3. Folder open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder open: Is it possible to select a folder to automatically open when I want to upload something? For example, if I want to upload an image from a file onto whatsapp multiple times, instead of navigating to that folder every time, I want the folder to open when I select upload....
  4. Folder open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder open: Is it possible to select a folder to automatically open when I want to upload something? For example, if I want to upload an image from a file onto whatsapp multiple times, instead of navigating to that folder every time, I want the folder to open when I select upload....
  5. Folders will not open

Folders will not open: Windows 10 will not open my folders. The folders show up on my task bar, but will not open. I right click on them, and I can see the properties, etc. I tried to reset the computer to a start point from two days ago, but it did not work. Any help at all will be greatly...
  6. folders not opening

folders not opening: I have a brand new computer that i built about two weeks ago and installed windows 10. everything has worked as it should. However, on occasion certain apps will not open. It started with the settings app and this pc not opening. I would try to open and it would pop up in...
  7. Folder opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder opening: how do set one click option in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-opening/bb961194-ae42-4f54-b378-79ac0a6da8fa
  8. Folders not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders not opening: I have very specific folders in file explorer that will not open. I end up having to delete them and then re-add. This is the third time it has happened, and it is very annoying! The folders are from SharePoint that we use for work. Only one other person has had this same...
  9. Folders will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Folders will not open: Sometimes folders on the desktop will not open, none of them. Other files do (Word, PDFs, programs) I think this is a USB issue, perhaps Apple-related. If I try to upload images from my iPhone, and do not first unlock my phone with my passcode, the iPhone will not let me...
  10. Folders not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders not opening: Hi, 3 days ago I was exploring an older hard drive. When I tried to explore the desktop folder of that drive Windows Vista, it wouldn't open. It suggested that i shared the folder so I could explore it or copy files from that folder(which is what I originally wanted to do)....