Windows 10: my folders show icons instead of thumbnails my picture folders look terrible

Discus and support my folders show icons instead of thumbnails my picture folders look terrible in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; os build 18362.418 An old man needs help please my folders show icons instead of thumbnails my picture folders look terrible with just icons , i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by keithy333, Nov 10, 2019.

1. keithy333 Win User

my folders show icons instead of thumbnails my picture folders look terrible

os build 18362.418
    An old man needs help please my folders show icons instead of thumbnails my picture folders look terrible with just icons , i have been to win explorer ,view, my icon for thumbnails is unchecked no matter what i do i cannot get my pictures.

:)

keithy333, Nov 10, 2019
  2. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Thumbnails

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Follow the steps provided below to turn Thumbnails on/off:

• Open File Explorer.
    • In the Menu bar, click on View and then Options.
    • In the View tab, uncheck/check the option for “Display file icon on thumbnails” to disable/enable thumbnails.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 10, 2019
  4. my folders show icons instead of thumbnails my picture folders look terrible

Windows 10 quicktime thumbnails

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please provide more information to help :

• When you say "the thumbnails are just icons", is that on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Do you have the latest version of ProRes or iTunes installed on the pc?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and verify the result.

• Go to file explorer and clock on view.

• Select Options and Go to View.

• Under Files and folders uncheck the box always show icon, never thumbnails.

I also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

my folders show icons instead of thumbnails my picture folders look terrible

1. my folders show icons instead of thumbnails my picture folders look terrible - Similar Threads - folders show icons

2. Thumbnails not showing Windows 11 - Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnails not showing Windows 11 - Pictures folder: Hi there,So in my Pictures folder, I used to see all the images as thumbnails, as I should.Now, some images are showing as usual, then there's a bunch not showing.All I did was update Windows, sheesh, it's like living in a rocket with Microsoft, one moment you're headed in...
  3. Thumbnails not showing Windows 11 - Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thumbnails not showing Windows 11 - Pictures folder: Hi there,So in my Pictures folder, I used to see all the images as thumbnails, as I should.Now, some images are showing as usual, then there's a bunch not showing.All I did was update Windows, sheesh, it's like living in a rocket with Microsoft, one moment you're headed in...
  4. How to show thumbnail instead of zipped folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to show thumbnail instead of zipped folder: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tash_master [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l4vd37/how_to_show_thumbnail_instead_of_zipped_folder/
  5. Picture ICONS instead of thumbnail pics

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture ICONS instead of thumbnail pics: Suddenly all of my picture thumbnails are ICONS, instead of thumbnail pics. I have gone through the steps of Unchecking a box that says "always show ICONS instead of thumbnails" and that did NOT help. I don't like Microsoft Edge or the Cloud, I think those are the culprits...
  6. Thumbnails instead of Icon only on a specific folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thumbnails instead of Icon only on a specific folder: Hello I'm trying to find out how I can only change the regular icon to show thumbnails only in a specific folder with images that I'm working with, but when I change it, it changes to all the other folders, even Desktop ones. Does anyone knows how to do it? Thanks !...
  7. picture folder not showing thumbnails

picture folder not showing thumbnails: I transferred some photos from my phone to a flash drive using an otg adapter then I transferred them from flash drive to computer. I put them in my pictures folder on my hard drive. I have 2 hard drives. The ssd and hdd. I named my hdd E. So I made a pictures folder in that...
  8. Thumbnails not showing for most pictures in OneDrive folders

Thumbnails not showing for most pictures in OneDrive folders: Hi, So I have pictures, and their thumbnails are showing just fine in regular folders, but once I put them in a OneDrive folder, the thumbnail just disappears after the picture is synced. A weird thing is not all the pictures are affected, some are spared and the thumbs...
  9. How to show thumbnail pictures instead of icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to show thumbnail pictures instead of icon in Windows 10: Hello after searching for this answer through numerous posts from years back I finally figured out the solution myself. Here it is: How to display you picture thumbnails instead of generic icon picture in Windows 10 OS: 1. Open File Explorer (Manila folder icon at...
  10. Microsoft showing a mountain instead of my picture and 'Always show icons never thumbnails'...

Microsoft showing a mountain instead of my picture and 'Always show icons never thumbnails'...: I need another solution to try besides unchecking the "always show icons never thumbnails" when microsoft is showing the Mountain ICON instead of my photo. The other is already UNCHECKED! I have googled, hit tech sites trying to find a solution but have come up with nothing....