Windows 10: My font suddenly gets larger and smaller

Discus and support My font suddenly gets larger and smaller in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use Windows 10. Have an MSI computer. When I first got it, the font would suddenly get larger and smaller and I would have done nothing to have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LaurieO'Brien, Jan 14, 2019.

1. My font suddenly gets larger and smaller

I use Windows 10. Have an MSI computer.

When I first got it, the font would suddenly get larger and smaller and I would have done nothing to have this happen. I searched for answers and found one that said to go to settings for Mouse & Touchpad, Device and turn off "pinch zoom."

That worked like a charm. But suddenly the problem is back, and it seems that the menu has changed and it has Mouse and Touchpad separated and there is nothing regarding pinch zoom listed anywhere, nor does it come up in the Start menu.

I know there have been several updates the past few weeks before this started again.

What do I do now? I've googled everything, but it gives the old information.

:)

LaurieO'Brien, Jan 14, 2019

2. Font Size

The font size in my Windows 10 Environment suddenly became larger and I don't know how to change it back to a smaller text size. Any suggestions here?

jon-edmond abraham, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    Internet Explorer 11 Menu font size

Hi Larry,

Follow these steps to change the font size in IE11:

• Click Start menu or press Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type and click Control Panel.
    • Click Appearance and Personalization and under Display, click
      Make text other items larger or smaller.
    • Under Change only the text size, choose the Title bars
      in the drop-down menu and the desired font size on the drop-down menu beside it.

Let us know if the suggested steps helped.

Ian Ser, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Squinting Win User

My font suddenly gets larger and smaller

Why is everything suddenly smaller - banners, fonts?

About a week ago, everything was suddenly smaller. I first noticed that without any action from me, my Outlook e-mail was unreadably small. The entire appearance from the size of the banner, the various parts of the mailboxes, mail that I opened - everything
    was very small. I managed to find settings in Advanced to reset things, but it is still behaving funky. Like the action flags and attachment icons are very small. I have had similar problems in Word. When I open a document, and the slider at the lower
    right is set at 50%. The horizontal ruler takes up just about half the available space. I have boost the slider to 130% to make an 11 pt font readable. It's like there was an update that reset something that affects every program - yes Excel too. Any
    suggestions?

Squinting, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

My font suddenly gets larger and smaller

1. My font suddenly gets larger and smaller - Similar Threads - font suddenly gets

2. The image of my desktop icons suddenly gets smaller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The image of my desktop icons suddenly gets smaller: Hello, I've been dealing with this issue for months and I don't know what to do. The thing is, in my Desktop I have my direct access/icons in Large, and they randomly not always, not the same ones change the image/.ico to a small one. Sometimes they just get big again, but...
  3. The image of my desktop icons suddenly gets smaller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The image of my desktop icons suddenly gets smaller: Hello, I've been dealing with this issue for months and I don't know what to do. The thing is, in my Desktop I have my direct access/icons in Large, and they randomly not always, not the same ones change the image/.ico to a small one. Sometimes they just get big again, but...
  4. The image of my desktop icons suddenly gets smaller

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Display larger or smaller than monitor in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Display larger or smaller than monitor in Windows 10: You may want to use a monitor with your Windows 10 laptop or desktop in order to increase your productivity. However, some Windows users are experiencing an issue, where their display is larger or smaller than the monitor size. In this article, we are going to see some simple...
  6. How to fix font size changing larger or smaller in my computer without my consent

How to fix font size changing larger or smaller in my computer without my consent: How do I fix font size from changing larger or smaller in my computer without my consent? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-font-size-changing-larger-or-smaller-in/ab0ee1c6-39d1-4611-9d1a-94282797620b
  7. returning to larger font size

returning to larger font size: how do I click on the "desktop", then screen resolution, then "make text size larger" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/returning-to-larger-font-size/0ac547bf-a51d-4a1b-a32d-d9a76ccef217
  8. Display of my laptop (fonts) getting smaller after an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Display of my laptop (fonts) getting smaller after an update: Hello, I am so annoyed by the fact that after an update, my laptop display (fonts) became small and hard to read. I have tried to restore my laptop and stuff and they didn't work. I called windows support and the person hang up the phone. I'd like to hear your advice what I...
  9. How to get the fonts size smaller in the main screen prior to log in?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to get the fonts size smaller in the main screen prior to log in?: Hello, I presume it is a graphic issue and hence posting my question in here. Win 10 main screen prior to log into an user account has displayed time and names of the users . The font displayed this is huge compared to that of Win 7. I have Win 10 Professional on my...
  10. How to make system font larger

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make system font larger: I want to make the system font larger. I have searched everywhere but all the answers seem to be the same with no way to do it. All the old ways such as menu font size ETC which I can do! The font size in the address bar of any browser I would like to make larger, for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. The font size in my Windows 10 Environment suddenly became larger and I dont know how to change it back to a smaller size