Windows 10: My 'forward' key, aka my W key always keeps giving input after i've released the button....

Discus and support My 'forward' key, aka my W key always keeps giving input after i've released the button.... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So whenever i'm gaming, if i keep pressing or walking forward for about 10-15 seconds and then let go of my button (aka, when i WANT to stop moving),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kingboomber, Jan 22, 2019.

1. My 'forward' key, aka my W key always keeps giving input after i've released the button....

So whenever i'm gaming, if i keep pressing or walking forward for about 10-15 seconds and then let go of my button (aka, when i WANT to stop moving), my pc will still force my character to walk forward for another 3-5 seconds. I've found this only works on games i run at 60fps, this doesn't happen on 30fps games. This isn't sticky keys, there's no food or drink underneath the key itself.

I'm at a loss and have no idea what's causing this but this is restricting me from playing games normally. Please help!

:)

Kingboomber, Jan 22, 2019

2. Jericho=AWESOME Key Binding=SUCKS

Does anyone know how to assign keyboard keys to mouse buttons? I have a G5 mouse and I want to assign my "W" and "S" button to my left and right mouse keys.

For some reason Jericho doesnt allow you to assign forwards and back to the mouse keys.

TheMailMan78, Jan 22, 2019
  3. When I try to use punctuation I get strange key strokes that I want to eliminate.

Hi Grace,

The issue might occur if the Keyboard input method is changed.

I suggest you to check the keyboard input method by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• In the Login screen or desktop, press the Windows key + Spacebar key
      to check the input method.
    • If it is a different input method, change the input method by press/hold the Windows key
      and use the Space bar key to select English (United States) or the required input method.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 22, 2019
  4. tiys Win User

My 'forward' key, aka my W key always keeps giving input after i've released the button....

GIVING AWAY: Quake 3, MOH:AA keys

I don't want to start a arguement or anything, or question ur authority, but according to W1zzard,
    I can say fo sho that a key for something is a software license..

Thema:

My 'forward' key, aka my W key always keeps giving input after i've released the button....

1. My 'forward' key, aka my W key always keeps giving input after i've released the button.... - Similar Threads - 'forward' key aka

2. Character keeps moving forward after i release the w key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Character keeps moving forward after i release the w key: So the issue happens only on the w key and only when i press it for a long time 10+ seconds, on every game and the same thing also happens on notepad it keeps typing w after i press it for a long time ONLY WHEN a game is open in the background, i've never spilled anything on...
  3. Character keeps moving forward after i release the w key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Character keeps moving forward after i release the w key: So the issue happens only on the w key and only when i press it for a long time 10+ seconds, on every game and the same thing also happens on notepad it keeps typing w after i press it for a long time ONLY WHEN a game is open in the background, i've never spilled anything on...
  4. Character keeps moving forward after i hold the w key for 10+ seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Character keeps moving forward after i hold the w key for 10+ seconds: So the issue happens only on the w key and only when i press it for a long time 10+ seconds, on every game and the same thing also happens on notepad it keeps typing w after i press it for a long time ONLY WHEN a game is open in the background, i've never spilled anything on...
  5. Character keeps moving forward after i hold the w key for 10+ seconds

Character keeps moving forward after i hold the w key for 10+ seconds: So the issue happens only on the w key and only when i press it for a long time 10+ seconds, on every game and the same thing also happens on notepad it keeps typing w after i press it for a long time ONLY WHEN a game is open in the background, i've never spilled anything on...
  6. My 'w' key is stuck keep moving forward in Roblox and Minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 'w' key is stuck keep moving forward in Roblox and Minecraft: Windows 10 Gateway Windows 10 Edition Version 22H2When I press the 'w' key to move forward in Roblox and Minecraft for 2 or more seconds, my character keeps moving forward even after I released the button. I have to press the 's' key to counter it, but even after I release...
  7. My 'w' key is stuck keep moving forward in Roblox and Minecraft

My 'w' key is stuck keep moving forward in Roblox and Minecraft: Windows 10 Gateway Windows 10 Edition Version 22H2When I press the 'w' key to move forward in Roblox and Minecraft for 2 or more seconds, my character keeps moving forward even after I released the button. I have to press the 's' key to counter it, but even after I release...
  8. my W key keeps freezing and lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my W key keeps freezing and lagging: I'm not sure if this is because of my keyboard, or windows 10 but it keeps lagging meaning it freezes and unfreezes which causes problems when i am trying to play games. on an unrelated note, on windows 10 it says my device is missing important security and quality fixes and...
  9. my W key keeps freezing and lagging

my W key keeps freezing and lagging: I'm not sure if this is because of my keyboard, or windows 10 but it keeps lagging meaning it freezes and unfreezes which causes problems when i am trying to play games. on an unrelated note, on windows 10 it says my device is missing important security and quality fixes and...
  10. my W key keeps freezing and lagging

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade