Windows 10: My FPS is locked at 30 when playing in Fullscreen/ Borderless Fullscreen, but not when...

Discus and support My FPS is locked at 30 when playing in Fullscreen/ Borderless Fullscreen, but not when... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I initially noticed this issue while playing Warframe the other day. I normally get anywhere from 40-60 fps depending on what is going on in the game.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BrandonAnsara, Jul 27, 2018.

1. My FPS is locked at 30 when playing in Fullscreen/ Borderless Fullscreen, but not when...

I initially noticed this issue while playing Warframe the other day. I normally get anywhere from 40-60 fps depending on what is going on in the game. Switching from Windowed to Fullscreen/Borderless Fullscreen will lower my fps to 30 over a few seconds, switching back to Windowed will return it to where it was. This happens regardless of what i have my in-game fps limit at. Any advice would be very helpful.

My specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 @3.20ghz

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600

RAM: 8 GB

:)

BrandonAnsara, Jul 27, 2018

2. Windows 10 Borderless Fullscreen

I recently switched from Windows 7 to 10 and have found out that with multiple monitors, borderless fullscreen doesn't work as it did on Windows 7. I usually play games in borderless fullscreen so that I can easily do other things on my second monitor.
    Whenver I would click on something on my second monitor, the taskbar would appear on my main monitor. However, with Windows 10, this is not the case and the taskbar would not appear. Is there any way to make it so that if I alt tab to my second monitor my
    taskbar will popup on my main monitor?

ImaSquirtl, Jul 27, 2018
  3. warx23 Win User
    Taskbar in fullscreen borderless

I was having the same exact problem as you. Do you happen to have an Nvidia graphics card? I just got a new driver update a few hours ago and once the drivers were installed, I restarted my PC. Looks like it's back to normal now with the taskbar showing
    up as normal when in borderless fullscreen.

warx23, Jul 27, 2018
  4. My FPS is locked at 30 when playing in Fullscreen/ Borderless Fullscreen, but not when...

Taskbar in fullscreen borderless

Hi!

Recently I've run into a small problem with the taskbar. When I play games in fullscreen borderless where the game is still running when I ALT+Tab to another window the taskbar dissapears while the game is running. As soon as I close the game the taskbar
    reappears but as long as the game is running, minimized or not the taskbar is gone. It's still possible to bring it up with the windows-key but I was wondering if there is a solution to this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Mikael

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

kvrlmikael, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

My FPS is locked at 30 when playing in Fullscreen/ Borderless Fullscreen, but not when...

1. My FPS is locked at 30 when playing in Fullscreen/ Borderless Fullscreen, but not when... - Similar Threads - FPS locked playing

2. all games capped at 60 fps in borderless and fullscreen mode, but uncapped when windowes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all games capped at 60 fps in borderless and fullscreen mode, but uncapped when windowes: Hi, for a few days I have this problem and I don't know how to resolve it.I have vsync and dvr disabled, i tried reinstalling some old nvidia driver but it didnt work. I took this screenshot in the laptop display165HzIn minecraft you can see the difference very well, and it...
  3. all games capped at 60 fps in borderless and fullscreen mode, but uncapped when windowes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    all games capped at 60 fps in borderless and fullscreen mode, but uncapped when windowes: Hi, for a few days I have this problem and I don't know how to resolve it.I have vsync and dvr disabled, i tried reinstalling some old nvidia driver but it didnt work. I took this screenshot in the laptop display165HzIn minecraft you can see the difference very well, and it...
  4. My Fullscreen is always borderless

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Fullscreen is always borderless: Even though my settings are saying the game or application is on fullscreen, it is always borderless and causes problems. Even though I checked the settings and it is clearly not on borderless, it always allows my mouse to switch between monitors freely....
  5. My Fullscreen is always borderless

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Fullscreen is always borderless: Even though my settings are saying the game or application is on fullscreen, it is always borderless and causes problems. Even though I checked the settings and it is clearly not on borderless, it always allows my mouse to switch between monitors freely....
  6. fps drop when minecraft is fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fps drop when minecraft is fullscreen: so I've been having a problem, when I turn on fullscreen or make the windowed minecraft bigger the fps drops, and when the window is smaller the fps increases. What do I have to do to fix this?. This started when I updated windows after it having been corrupted and recovered,...
  7. Lag when fullscreen or Borderless

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lag when fullscreen or Borderless: Some games slows my PC insanely much when fullscreened/borderless. Happens on Forza Horizon 4 and COD warzone. Does not happen i farcry 5? In openhardware and task manager, no recourses are being used until i tab out. Nothing is running hot, it just seems like it does not...
  8. Windows bluescreen when playing game on fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows bluescreen when playing game on fullscreen: Hello. So i have a problem with my windows currently,whenever i tried to play game on fullscreen mode. I tried many way to fix it but it just keep happening,any solution for this problem ? Please help. Im using windows 10...
  9. Glitch when playing fullscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Glitch when playing fullscreen: When i play a game in full screen like Geometry dash or Minecraft and i change the volume the screen glitches out when the volume thing appear and glitches out again when the volume thing disappear. I don't really know what to do......
  10. 30 FPS video looks terrible in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    30 FPS video looks terrible in fullscreen: I've been recording videos with my gopro at 4K 30 FPS. I download the clips on to my computer and when I view them in a small window on a 4k 60 Hz monitor, it looks great and smooth. However, when I put the video into fullscreen mode or simply increase the size of the window,...