Windows 10: My fresh install for some laptop I own keeps opening tens of new default browser windows...

Discus and support My fresh install for some laptop I own keeps opening tens of new default browser windows... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Chronischedepressie [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Chronischedepressie, Oct 10, 2020.

1. My fresh install for some laptop I own keeps opening tens of new default browser windows...

/u/Chronischedepressie, Oct 10, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Installing Flash opens Chrome instead of default browser

I use IE, Edge and Firefox, with IE as default browser. Edge/IE of course get Flash through Windows Update but periodically I have to install Flash for Firefox. I can confirm that the expected behaviour of the Flash installer is, on completion, to open your default browser at a page saying...
    This is just an advert, not a necessary step in the install, but it is labelled as 'Step 3 of 3'. Steps 1 and 2 were seen in Firefox, the browser I started the install from, as the first two steps in installing/updating Flash. The install requires the browser to be restarted to be complete, so it opens the 'Step 3' page itself in the default browser. It has always amused me that it opens IE and not the Firefox I was installing it for.

I don't have Chrome, so can't test the behaviour described, but I have never seen anything other than my default browser open. I've just tested reinstalling Flash in Firefox, only IE opened on completion.

3. Erika Aro Win User
    Default Browser Keeps Changing to Edge

There are three other ways to set your default program. In Default apps, navigate the page to find the following:

• Choose default apps by file type
    • Choose default apps by protocol
    • Set defaults by app

To manually change your default browser, follow these steps:

• Set your preferred default browser to skip Choose default apps by file type. Click
      Choose default apps by protocol then look for HTTP and HTTPS. Change them to your preferred browser.
    • After that, click Set defaults by app and wait for the new windows to load. Search your preferred browser and click it. Select
      Set this program as default and press OK.
    • Close all your browsers and check if it still asks you to set your browser.

Let us know how it goes after doing the troubleshooting steps.

Erika Aro, Oct 10, 2020
  4. more123 Win User

My fresh install for some laptop I own keeps opening tens of new default browser windows...

Fresh windows install help.

Hi.
    I have Samsung Series 7 NP7005ZA-S0AUS laptop pc. I decided to do a fresh windows install so I used a flash drive to re-install windows (I formatted the hard drive at the begnining of the installation). When the laptop booted first time in the installation process, I got a screen saying boot menu but it's empty. I clicked alt+ctl+de, the laptop restarts and gets me back to the same screen. I entered the bios and made sure the hd is on the top of the list and save/restarted but same issue. I tried loading bios default settings and that did not help either. I noticed in the boot menu that there are exclamation marks next to the HD and the SATA DVD drives, not sure what that means but they were not there before. I honestly think a bios update can do the trick but there is no way to upgrade the bios of a samsung laptop without Windows like my case so I am stuck.
    Any help will be very much appreciated.
    Notice: The hard drive has 8GB msata built in.

more123, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

My fresh install for some laptop I own keeps opening tens of new default browser windows...

1. My fresh install for some laptop I own keeps opening tens of new default browser windows... - Similar Threads - fresh install laptop

2. Laptop keeps opening browser tabs from his own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps opening browser tabs from his own: My Notebook has done it a lot in the past weeks. Whenever there was public wifi available that I connected with previously, it tries aggressively to open new tabs in my browser to connect with it. I've attached a video of the process. I cannot even do anything to stop the...
  3. Laptop keeps opening browser tabs from his own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keeps opening browser tabs from his own: My Notebook has done it a lot in the past weeks. Whenever there was public wifi available that I connected with previously, it tries aggressively to open new tabs in my browser to connect with it. I've attached a video of the process. I cannot even do anything to stop the...
  4. Default web browser keeps opening new home pages in a new window or keep refreshing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Default web browser keeps opening new home pages in a new window or keep refreshing: Hi,I have windows 10 on my computer and it is up to date.For a few days now my computer has been randomly opening up the default web browser multiple times to my home page Google search. It opens multiple windows at once and automatically to the point that I can't do...
  5. How can I make Firefox my Default Browser in Windows Ten?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I make Firefox my Default Browser in Windows Ten?: how can I make Firefox my Default Browser in Windows Ten? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-make-firefox-my-default-browser-in/bb62dbc6-9b69-4eaa-98ae-854649c54529
  6. Default mail app keeps opening on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Default mail app keeps opening on its own: Default mail app keeps opening on its own EVENT LOG https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtoPcPRkZOqtggTqmVj_Cm58_MJT?e=vQIeBO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-mail-app-keeps-opening-on-its-own/9c8a58e4-9d2a-47e6-9b9e-a8a87ecac000
  7. Default mail app keeps opening on its own

Default mail app keeps opening on its own: Default mail app keeps opening on its own The default mail app keeps opening on its randomly and minimises whatever is on the screen. It happens when the app not running in the background too. I have disabled all start up apps and it still occurs. I removed the mail app...
  8. Default mail app keeps opening on its own

Default mail app keeps opening on its own: The default mail app keeps opening on its randomly and minimises whatever is on the screen. It happens when the app not running in the background too. I have disabled all start up apps and it still occurs. I removed the mail app with windows powershell and now chrome opens...
  9. Windows ten stopcode upon fresh install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows ten stopcode upon fresh install: Hello everybody. On Christmas I got a PC. It is a custom built. I inserted the windows ten flash drive that came from it's own box. I chose 64 bit and it gave me a stopcode 0xc000021a. I have looked things up and I guess it usually happens on systems that are already on an...
  10. Edge browser owns my laptop

in Browsers and Email
    Edge browser owns my laptop: I try to launch IE,Firefox in my Windows 10 laptop to no avail,the only one that works is Edge,i hate it. 77353