Windows 10: My fresh start attempt from the defender section plods along for an hour and then reverts...

Discus and support My fresh start attempt from the defender section plods along for an hour and then reverts... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi i'm an 80 year old home-bound and avoiding infection., This machine 1yr old J5 12 Gig ram, has been religiously updated as soon as available and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chebuctan, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Chebuctan Win User

My fresh start attempt from the defender section plods along for an hour and then reverts...

Hi i'm an 80 year old home-bound and avoiding infection., This machine 1yr old J5 12 Gig ram, has been religiously updated as soon as available and the last one was March16, 2020.,Slowly it was poppng up irritating messages that seemed to lose their bite by clicking them away.Then the Application icons would not be rendered on the desk top or the task bar .

I started off by manually cleaning up under the coaching of Britec09 on Youtube

Armed with some 1990's experience, reading skills, and house arrest, I ventured into the world of "fresh start". The process was coached by Ask Leo Notenboom on his Live Youtube blog on that subject.

The results were as reported in the title of this memo.'I did poke around with advanced items such as reverting Quality and Feature installations Image File Utility.

Lucky for me they demanded a new password for my administrator account which I provided but did not work

So,,,it still works after a fashion eg browser. Do I Wait and take it to a shop after months of a safety cushion, I'm recovering from Sepsis -Auto Immune disease.

Or can the MS community suggest a remedial strategy. Thanks in advance This is going to be a small step back towards normal.

:)

Chebuctan, Apr 6, 2020

2. Windows Fresh Start

What I mean by fresh start is, an option found in Windows Defender Security Center -> Device Performance & Health -> Fresh Star

• Fresh Start: "Start fresh with a clean up to date installation of Windows. This will keep your personal files and some windows settings, and remove some of your apps."
    I proceeded to check the disk through the mentioned instructions but no error was found. Any idea what might be causing the issue?

DiegoOchoa1, Apr 6, 2020
  3. fresh start

I want to reinstall windows 10with a clean version

windows suggest to use the new fresh start that comes with the anniversary packet. I am unable to do a fresh start because my windows defender do have a security centre. please give me advice I am ready to throw this laptop out the window.

all I want is a fresh start. some one please help

faheemabrahams, Apr 6, 2020
  4. LindaMead Win User

My fresh start attempt from the defender section plods along for an hour and then reverts...

Fresh start Defender

Hi We used the Fresh start application on our PC and it had deleted a use lot of our apps and applications, We have a list of what was deleted. Is there any short cut where we can ask for it all to be reinstalled

Thanks

Linda

LindaMead, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

1. My fresh start attempt from the defender section plods along for an hour and then reverts... - Similar Threads - fresh start attempt

2. "Remove Recommended Section from Start Menu" is NOT working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Remove Recommended Section from Start Menu" is NOT working: I am on Windows 11 Pro, 22H2, Build 22621.675. I have gone through the instructions to enable Remove Recommended Section From Start Menu in the group policy editor and it's not working. Restarted, it's still there. I tried enabling it from Computer Configuration too since the...
  3. Anti-Malware along with Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Anti-Malware along with Windows Defender: Just purchased 11th gen Dell aio. What anti-virus works best with Windows Defender? Thanks. Jim [Original Title: Windows Defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/anti-malware-along-with-windows-defender/dd341246-3ada-4d63-b129-011e54186520
  4. Fresh Start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Start: A friend of mine used Fresh Start hoping to speed up her computer. The result, after an hour and a half or so, was that she couldn't do anything with her keyboard or mouse when she started up (or restarted). I saw that she had a serial port so I found an old serial mouse at...
  5. WIndows 10 Fresh start going on 21 hours

WIndows 10 Fresh start going on 21 hours: Did a windows 10 Fresh start at around 12:30 am(00:30) MDT last night. It is now 9:30 pm(21:30) MDT and my PC has not finished going on 21 hours. It is at a stage where it is running but I can't do anything, or know what is going on because the monitor says "no signal." is...
  6. Start From Fresh

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Start From Fresh: I have, for over a year had problems because of having, somehow, a new user folder created as UserName.MachineName. I tried all of the steps I was advised on 30 October 2017 by, amongst others, Darleen Pen, Donna Men, and by reading similar problems that Vijayj.r had...
  7. Fresh Start (Windows Defender)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fresh Start (Windows Defender): It is possible to undo it? If affirmative, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fresh-start-windows-defender/0205b038-5512-4949-9373-deec748a8b78
  8. after a fresh start from windows defender my pc became slower

after a fresh start from windows defender my pc became slower: after I did a fresh start yesterday from windows defender my pc became slower install went well but when I open Microsoft store it become very slow like there is blue dots circling the store take to much time to open same thing for everything that has to do with my account...
  9. Attempting to install Win10 on a fresh disk from a usb device

Attempting to install Win10 on a fresh disk from a usb device: After seriously long waits I eventually see my fresh hard drive. I go ahead and attempt to install and find "No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers and then click OK" I opened every folder on the USB drive and...
  10. windows defender fresh start

windows defender fresh start: I have no problems with 10 at the present time, I am however curious about it. What is the good, bad, ugly of using fresh start in defender 90223