Windows 10: My friend bought the "Minecraft" from Microsoft store on his PC not the "Minecraft Windows...

Discus and support My friend bought the "Minecraft" from Microsoft store on his PC not the "Minecraft Windows... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So my friend just accidentally bought the edition on the microsoft store titled "Minecraft" does this not allow him to play on both pc and xbox because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ole falconGSS, Nov 21, 2019.

1. My friend bought the "Minecraft" from Microsoft store on his PC not the "Minecraft Windows...

So my friend just accidentally bought the edition on the microsoft store titled "Minecraft" does this not allow him to play on both pc and xbox because when he tries to download the "Minecraft" one it only prompts him to install on his xbox one not allow him to install it on his pc

:)

ole falconGSS, Nov 21, 2019
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

Playing Minecraft Realms with people who bought Minecraft off the Mojang Website.

Hello
    lolpwns101,

There should be no difference between Minecraft purchased from the Microsoft Store and Mojang website as they are cross-platform play compatible. You can join/invite people in a Realm as long as they are also listed as Xbox Live friends.

I highly suggest that you visit these support articles:

If you need to contact the Microsoft Store for refunds, lease refer to this
    link
    on how to contact Microsoft Store support.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Nov 21, 2019
  3. Ember4501 Win User
    Friend bought Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, but it won't install and it's saying on the Microsoft Store she never bought it

A friend decided to buy Minecraft on her laptop so she could play with me who's on XBOX. I don't know if its relevant, but she bought Java edition, then realized she bought the wrong one and went to the Microsoft Store and bought Minecraft for Windows 10
    Starter Edition. She is NOT using some redeemable code that you can get if you've had Java before a certain date. She separately bought both.

The problem is, when she went to install it, it told her to add a Windows PC. She followed the instructions, but it didn't work and led her right back to it asking her to add a Windows PC. She looked on the Microsoft Store and lo and behold, its telling
    her to buy Minecraft Starter Edition even though she has the email receipt that she bought it and the money was taken out of her account.

She was already told she can't get a refund, so she just wants the game to work, but so far neither of us have had any luck talking to customer support. We either get put on hold for 2+ hours or have been completely ignored and hung up on.

Do any of you have any idea how to get this to work?? I'm pleading for help at this point.

Ember4501, Nov 21, 2019
  4. My friend bought the "Minecraft" from Microsoft store on his PC not the "Minecraft Windows...

Playing Minecraft Realms with people who bought Minecraft off the Mojang Website.

Hi, So after I bought Minecraft from the Microsoft Store I was informed that this Version is not able to connect with people who have bought Minecraft from the Mojang website. Is this true? and if it is, May I get a refund because the entire reason I bought
    this game was to play with my friends who don't have an Xbox.

lolpwns101, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

My friend bought the "Minecraft" from Microsoft store on his PC not the "Minecraft Windows...

1. My friend bought the "Minecraft" from Microsoft store on his PC not the "Minecraft Windows... - Similar Threads - friend bought Minecraft

2. Minecraft PC - Issues Connecting with Friends

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Minecraft PC - Issues Connecting with Friends: Has anyone had any issues adding friends or connecting for multiplayer games? We keep getting a message that due to how we have our Microsoft account setup these features are being block. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...
  3. Friends and minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Friends and minecraft: Hi how [Mod Removed - Profanity] do you make a friend? I’m under the impression that you need to be friends in your microsoft account to crossplay minecraft but this freaking site is impossible to navigate. If anoyone else has better info on crossplaying that’d be greatly...
  4. MY FRIEND BOUGHT MINECRAFT AND HE CANT PLAY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MY FRIEND BOUGHT MINECRAFT AND HE CANT PLAY: So, my friend bought a working code for minecraft, he registered it with Microsoft account and then when he tried to login to a server it said "failed to login: null". Anyone got a fix?...
  5. I bought Minecraft for Windows 10 and it is in my Microsoft store, but it is not linked...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I bought Minecraft for Windows 10 and it is in my Microsoft store, but it is not linked...: I recently bought minecraft with the master pack for Windows. I went through the steps and bought it on the microsoft store and got the email saying I successfully purchased it. I opened the minecraft installer and I cannot play it. I am assuming my Microsoft account is not...
  6. Minecraft Windows 10 edition Missing from Bought in Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft Windows 10 edition Missing from Bought in Microsoft store: I bought minecraft Java Edition back in 2012 and a few years later, I redeemed the Windows 10 edition from Mojangs website for my same account. I was able to play Windows 10 and had it installed. However, recently, I went back to reinstall Windows 10 edition from the...
  7. My son wants to play Minecraft with friends of his, but can't join them..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My son wants to play Minecraft with friends of his, but can't join them..: We bought a PC so he could play Minecraft. We don't have X box. We paid for Minecraft, but it seems he isn't allowed to join any Relms? I think his friends are using Bedrock Editition I have looked under "family" and "settings" and I don't see why he can't do so. Do I...
  8. Minecraft bought from microsoft online store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft bought from microsoft online store: I just bought Minecraft for Windows 10 Starter Collection for my son using his laptop which is managed by my Microsoft account and shows up in my devices list. When I select to install the software this PC is not listed so I cannot install to it. My PC does come up in the...
  9. Windows 10 Minecraft bought through Microsoft store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Minecraft bought through Microsoft store.: Hello all! So I'm trying to install a texture pack but there is no %appdata% folder belonging to minecraft, nor is there an option to "open resource pack folder" in the game. From what I can tell, I am running the bedrock version of the game. Is there any way to put a...
  10. Bought Minecraft from Microsoft Store, doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought Minecraft from Microsoft Store, doesn't work: Hello, I just bought Minecraft from Microsoft Store and it does not work, I launch the game and the game's window just stay blank. The demo already installed on my pc worked perfectly. How can I solve this problem? I paid for the game and I feel like I've been scammed....