Windows 10: My Friend can't install or download windows specific programs (in this case xbox game pass...

Discus and support My Friend can't install or download windows specific programs (in this case xbox game pass... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi =), May be difficult to be a middle man but my friends english is pretty meh. We decided to get the xbox game pass for pc to play some stuff but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Gustav127, Dec 3, 2020.

1. My Friend can't install or download windows specific programs (in this case xbox game pass...

Hi =),

May be difficult to be a middle man but my friends english is pretty meh.

We decided to get the xbox game pass for pc to play some stuff but apparently he can't download games nor install the launcher itself because his windows blocks any interaction.

Code: 0x80070422

Version 1909

The issue is that his update is disabled but everytime he reables it it instantly shuts down again. He ran the "free" version but bought a win10-key to have a legit copy but it didn't fix the issue. Mostly checked all common solutions he found online but he simply can't set the updater to anything but disabled or it changes back instantly

Can anyone help this poor soul ?

submitted by /u/Gustav127
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Gustav127, Dec 3, 2020

2. Can't install games with game pass

Hi Ashenath,

If you can’t install Game Pass Games on your PC, follow these suggestions:

Check if you have the right Game Pass

Clear Cache of Xbox Game Pass App

Update to the latest Windows 10 version,viz v1903

Admin privileges for Games

Give Admin privileges for Games

Check Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter

Repair Game if it keeps crashing or doesn’t work

Cannot Sign in to Xbox Live

If these steps didn't work, you can visit this link for further information:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/cant-install-gam...

Feel free to give me feedback about this issue.

Thanks and regards,

RichardGuerzon, Dec 3, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Xbox Game Pass: July New Games Xbox

Hello @BitSkrieg, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

*Arrow Xbox Game Pass FAQs | Start Your Free Trial | Xbox

Brink, Dec 3, 2020
  4. My Friend can't install or download windows specific programs (in this case xbox game pass...

PC game pass

Hi NLH1

I'm Wilfredo S an Independent Advisor

I can suggest the following directly from the xbox support page

Troubleshoot game installations on Windows 10

RESTART YOUR PC

As basic as this is, a simple restart can set many things right.

ERROR MESSAGE

If there’s a download error, first try downloading again.

If the installation keeps failing, in most cases you’ll see an error code with a message. These are generally 10-character codes that start with “0x.” For example, 0xC03F7003.

FOR GAME PASS GAMES, CHECK THE STATUS OF YOUR PLAN

To install games from Xbox Game Pass, you must have an active Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) plan.

Make sure you’re signed in to Microsoft Store and/or the Xbox (Beta) app—whichever you’re installing from.

Make sure your Xbox Game Pass membership is current by signing in and checking the status.

Make sure your PC is online. If needed, see Fix network connection issues in Windows.

Source>>
    https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/t...

I hope it helps you

Wilfredo_Soto, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

My Friend can't install or download windows specific programs (in this case xbox game pass...

1. My Friend can't install or download windows specific programs (in this case xbox game pass... - Similar Threads - Friend can't install

2. i can't download any games from xbox game pass

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i can't download any games from xbox game pass: for some reason my drive isnt set up for having games installed on to it. I also only have one drive option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-download-any-games-from-xbox-game-pass/de9366dd-75b2-4bda-b3c2-391fb4fb93aa
  3. i can't download any games from xbox game pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't download any games from xbox game pass: for some reason my drive isnt set up for having games installed on to it. I also only have one drive option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-download-any-games-from-xbox-game-pass/de9366dd-75b2-4bda-b3c2-391fb4fb93aa
  4. i can't download any games from xbox game pass

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Xbox Game Pass won't download games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Pass won't download games: For some reason my xbox app won't download anything and give me the error 0x00000000000001. I tried resetting the xbox app by using powershell but it just won't do it, it gives me this error: Get-AppxPackage : Access is denied. Access is denied. At line:1 char:1 +...
  6. Xbox Game Pass won't download games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass won't download games: For some reason my xbox app won't download anything and give me the error 0x00000000000001. I tried resetting the xbox app by using powershell but it just won't do it, it gives me this error: Get-AppxPackage : Access is denied. Access is denied. At line:1 char:1 +...
  7. Can't change download directory for xbox game pass (pc)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change download directory for xbox game pass (pc): I had to reinstall Windows the other day and ever since that, all my stuff has been pretty messed up. I've been trying to change my download directory to my D drive and when I attempt to do that, it gives me an error saying "this location isn't set up for installing games" I...
  8. xbox game pass install

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    xbox game pass install: I bought the xbox game pass for pc and have downloaded a few games from it in the past it took a long time to actually get them to download. I've been trying to download a new one but the install button is greyed out and it says that I don't have any devices connected to my...
  9. Can't install games on my windows 10 laptop (XBox Game Pass PC)

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install games on my windows 10 laptop (XBox Game Pass PC): I was trying to download a game from the Microsoft Store using the Game Pass, but for some reason I can only install it on my pc which I use the same account for. Does anyone know the reasoning for this? I can download other games normal....
  10. Can't join xbox friends games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't join xbox friends games.: I cant join my friends worlds through xbox, it says "Unable to connect world" What should i do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-join-xbox-friends-games/fffe92ef-85b1-4678-b932-00c468c81a54