Windows 10: My friend having problems with his PC

Discus and support My friend having problems with his PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As you can see in the video, the apps on his desktop keep changing size and his mouse starts vibrating and sometimes loses control entirely. Apperantly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SSapling, Sep 16, 2020.

1. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Sep 16, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Sep 16, 2020
  3. wilhelm45 Win User

My friend having problems with his PC

Having periodic PC startup problems

Was not able to reply sooner because my periodic problem decided not to appear for a while. I tried your suggestion of holding down the power button 4-5 seconds and it worked. Problem is that this method did not cure my original problem, of course, but it did lessen the steps I have to take to get the computer to work properly. I am still hoping someone will have a solution other than wiping it clean then starting over again.

wilhelm45, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

My friend having problems with his PC

1. My friend having problems with his PC - Similar Threads - friend having problems

2. my professional gamer friends been having issues on his pc, metadata staging failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my professional gamer friends been having issues on his pc, metadata staging failed: so its been for some time, before these there were some issues with the system files, and he wanted to install windows on his ssd so I went through a full fresh windows install on his ssd as the primary hdd isn't connected now, I formatted the drives completely and deleted...
  3. my professional gamer friends been having issues on his pc, metadata staging failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my professional gamer friends been having issues on his pc, metadata staging failed: so its been for some time, before these there were some issues with the system files, and he wanted to install windows on his ssd so I went through a full fresh windows install on his ssd as the primary hdd isn't connected now, I formatted the drives completely and deleted...
  4. my professional gamer friends been having issues on his pc, metadata staging failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. After Windows 10 install,my friend cannot acces his pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows 10 install,my friend cannot acces his pc: Hello.I am 16 and my friend asked me to help him downgrade to windows 10.I told him about the windows 10 medoa creation tool,which me and another friend used.Windows 11 is not optimized for gaming,so i wanted to get 10 back.After installing Windows 10 on his pc,he gets a...
  6. After Windows 10 install,my friend cannot acces his pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Windows 10 install,my friend cannot acces his pc: Hello.I am 16 and my friend asked me to help him downgrade to windows 10.I told him about the windows 10 medoa creation tool,which me and another friend used.Windows 11 is not optimized for gaming,so i wanted to get 10 back.After installing Windows 10 on his pc,he gets a...
  7. After Windows 10 install,my friend cannot acces his pc

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. My friend logged into his computer under his name but isnt his account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My friend logged into his computer under his name but isnt his account: I don't know really how to describe this. My friend has turned his computer off and on several times. He signs on and clicks to log in. It shows his name, but the background is back to the standard background, all his settings are reset to default, and his files and programs...
  9. Friend is giving me his motherboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Friend is giving me his motherboard: From what I know and have read, Win 10 is tied to the motherboard. If I inherit his motherboard, changing a lot of other things, will I need to purchase a new Windows 10 license or can I just reactivate the one tied to his old motherboard? submitted by /u/MeekMillMorty...
  10. my friend has problem with his pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my friend has problem with his pc: Hello, my name is Ibrahim my friend has strange problem when he use his pc show many icon bug on screen like next image [ATTACH] after that bluescreen DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION I have search about bluescreen but I don't find anything for windows 10 Anyone has the solution....