Windows 10: My friend installed a windows update that broke his wireless driver.

Discus and support My friend installed a windows update that broke his wireless driver. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 2 or 3 days ago a friend installed a windows update , and after it was done , he restarted the pc and his wireless driver was not working. We just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Marinel Cipu, Aug 28, 2018.

1. My friend installed a windows update that broke his wireless driver.

2 or 3 days ago a friend installed a windows update , and after it was done , he restarted the pc and his wireless driver was not working. We just reinstalled it , and it was working again. Probably windows update installed a driver that was not compatible with his system . Can you prevent windows update from updating drivers?

:)

Marinel Cipu, Aug 28, 2018

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Aug 28, 2018
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Aug 28, 2018
  4. My friend installed a windows update that broke his wireless driver.

Problem with Dell Wireless 5630's driver

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

The issue you are facing could be due to the wireless driver us outdated. Let’s try simple steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue.

Step 1.

I suggest you to update the wireless driver manually and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for Network adaptor and expand it.

• Right click on the wireless device driver
      and click on update.
    If the issue still persist try the below step.

Step 2.

I would recommend you to go to the dell wireless manufacturer website and download the latest updated wireless driver and install the same. Check if it helps.

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

My friend installed a windows update that broke his wireless driver.

1. My friend installed a windows update that broke his wireless driver. - Similar Threads - friend installed update

2. Wireless headphones broke after installing windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless headphones broke after installing windows update: I've been using wireless headphones for a month and have not experienced any issues connecting via Bluetooth from my laptop. One day I was listening to music with my headphones Sony WH-CH520 when suddenly I heard a lag or crash I can't explain it very well and my headphones...
  3. Wireless headphones broke after installing windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless headphones broke after installing windows update: I've been using wireless headphones for a month and have not experienced any issues connecting via Bluetooth from my laptop. One day I was listening to music with my headphones Sony WH-CH520 when suddenly I heard a lag or crash I can't explain it very well and my headphones...
  4. My friend broke his computer, and im not sure what to do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My friend broke his computer, and im not sure what to do: My friend is running windows 10, he was stuck on the welcome screen for hours and so he thought it would be a great idea to factory reset his pc, now it goes through the fresh start and after all the questions, it says its not connected to the internet and then says just a...
  5. My friend broke his computer, and im not sure what to do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My friend broke his computer, and im not sure what to do: My friend is running windows 10, he was stuck on the welcome screen for hours and so he thought it would be a great idea to factory reset his pc, now it goes through the fresh start and after all the questions, it says its not connected to the internet and then says just a...
  6. My friend broke his computer, and im not sure what to do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. After Windows 10 install,my friend cannot acces his pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows 10 install,my friend cannot acces his pc: Hello.I am 16 and my friend asked me to help him downgrade to windows 10.I told him about the windows 10 medoa creation tool,which me and another friend used.Windows 11 is not optimized for gaming,so i wanted to get 10 back.After installing Windows 10 on his pc,he gets a...
  8. My friend logged into his computer under his name but isnt his account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My friend logged into his computer under his name but isnt his account: I don't know really how to describe this. My friend has turned his computer off and on several times. He signs on and clicks to log in. It shows his name, but the background is back to the standard background, all his settings are reset to default, and his files and programs...
  9. My friend having problems with his PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My friend having problems with his PC: As you can see in the video, the apps on his desktop keep changing size and his mouse starts vibrating and sometimes loses control entirely. Apperantly this also happens when he's in google chrome though I'm not sure if they're related. He's tried restarting his PC, changing...
  10. my friend has problem with his pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my friend has problem with his pc: Hello, my name is Ibrahim my friend has strange problem when he use his pc show many icon bug on screen like next image [ATTACH] after that bluescreen DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION I have search about bluescreen but I don't find anything for windows 10 Anyone has the solution....