Windows 10: My friend is installing a new motherboard in an OEM machine. Will Windows be fine?

Discus and support My friend is installing a new motherboard in an OEM machine. Will Windows be fine? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey all! My friend is going to get a new motherboard and a couple of other parts today. I've heard horror stories about Windows freaking out when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GamePerson, Jan 23, 2021.

1. My friend is installing a new motherboard in an OEM machine. Will Windows be fine?

Hey all!

My friend is going to get a new motherboard and a couple of other parts today. I've heard horror stories about Windows freaking out when making large hardware changes. He has an OEM product key. What can he do?

submitted by /u/GamePerson
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GamePerson, Jan 23, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, Jan 23, 2021
  4. LennyF1 Win User

My friend is installing a new motherboard in an OEM machine. Will Windows be fine?

New motherboard, same Windows 7 OEM

Hey,

Around 8 yrs ago I had a shop build me a custom pc with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit OEM (System Bulder Pack) installed on it.

Now my motherboard is defective. And as they don't sell motherboards for this cpu anymore, I ordered a new motherboard with cpu and RAM. I'll keep all the other components, because they're fine and I have a tight budget.

Now I want to keep my Windows 7 with this pc too. Is that possible and if so, how does that work the best? Is it possible to just plug my SSD into my new motherboard?

LennyF1, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

My friend is installing a new motherboard in an OEM machine. Will Windows be fine?

1. My friend is installing a new motherboard in an OEM machine. Will Windows be fine? - Similar Threads - friend installing motherboard

2. Use oem key on new motherboard, but change motherboard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Use oem key on new motherboard, but change motherboard.: I build a pc by my self and buy a oem key on the new motherboard, but that motherboard have problem. I send it to the Asus suppord to fix it, but they change my motherboard to different one and I ask them how to fix this problem. They sak me did I ask the micrsoft suppord...
  3. Use oem key on new motherboard, but change motherboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use oem key on new motherboard, but change motherboard.: I build a pc by my self and buy a oem key on the new motherboard, but that motherboard have problem. I send it to the Asus suppord to fix it, but they change my motherboard to different one and I ask them how to fix this problem. They sak me did I ask the micrsoft suppord...
  4. Use oem key on new motherboard, but change motherboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to install a non-OEM version of Windows on a OEM machine?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install a non-OEM version of Windows on a OEM machine?: I have a old laptop on which I am doing some cleaning from the software side. I want to install Windows the retail way instead of the OEM way, without actually buying a copy of Windows, because I already have while buying this laptop....
  6. How to install a non-OEM version of Windows on a OEM machine?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install a non-OEM version of Windows on a OEM machine?: I have a old laptop on which I am doing some cleaning from the software side. I want to install Windows the retail way instead of the OEM way, without actually buying a copy of Windows, because I already have while buying this laptop....
  7. Changing Motherboards with OEM Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changing Motherboards with OEM Windows: Due to physical incompatibility with my GPU It's too thick and the fans hit the header cables I need to change out my motherboard. Unfortunately, I recieved an OEM copy of Windows as a Christmas gift, and so I'm not sure if I can change motherboard models without buying a new...
  8. Windows 10 Oem to New motherboard and hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Oem to New motherboard and hard drive: Is it possible to transfer oem windows 10 if it is upgrade from windows 7? My brother is upgrading his computer to a Ryzen build with a ssd and has a windows 10 home key from amazon that was oem. Is it possible to then take that same key and use it with new hardware?...
  9. OEM windows 10 on new motherboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OEM windows 10 on new motherboard: So my old motherboard has died and my understanding of the win 10 OEM license is that it is tied to the motherboard - Firstly will windows 10 cope fairly well with a new motherboard and processor come the first boot? (Hoping to not reinstall if I can help it) Secondly, will...
  10. Windows install with new motherboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows install with new motherboard: I am trying to install windows 10 on my new motherboard /PC but it wont accept my license key. How do I sort this out? I have already tried the support areas but nothing has worked and my current Key says its not valid on the new motherboard. I should have windows 10 pro...